Graziano - the Cowboys may not end up extending Dak Prescott

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol I hope this report is true, but I really doubt it is. I expect Dak to get a new contract, but if Dak does get extended to 55+ million a season, wouldn't you also be having a meltdown? You said yourself that if he got that amount you'd be done or you already changed your mind?
You heard me correctly. I don't lie like you Dak haters.

mardwin

Reaction score
Curious about what their plan is at QB this year then.
With this franchise you'll never know what to expect but they never prioritize the QB position. They should draft a QB in the first 3 rounds just in case.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry. If you're reading. Trust me here.

I promise you if you do not extend Dak you will be thankful you didn't after next season.

I believe Dak with his confidence at an all time low, with a drama filled locker room, and coaches on lame duck statuses sets the stage for a rough season.
Ya, he's road kill if he plays this season.
1st interception he throws then it's all downhill for the rest of the season.
No one in the locker room (excluding maybe Fergie) has any faith in him and considers him an anchor for the team.
Should be interesting.......... let's see what happens.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
The days before Romo/Dak were not full of wins, Playoffs or otherwise. I’m not looking forward to talking about Mock Drafts in October.
As long as Dak is here, might as well start talking about mock drafts anyway because we will go one and done at best.

You people need to stop using that as an excuse because we didn't take the QB position seriously in those days and it shows.

Time to stop hoping 4th rounders and UFAs somehow luck into a SB. Time to invest at the position.

Qcard

Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
These ”journalists” will do anything for clicks….Dak Haters click away. Easy bait:lmao:

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
SMH this topic seems to swing back and forth on a daily basis.. "Sources are they won't extend"., "Sources are they will extend". With a March 13th. deadline of cap-compliance looming, a decision will be made one way or the other. Like Ole Jerruh always says, "Deadlines make deals".

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Cowboys, in a sense, borrowed cap space against Dak’s deal by pushing the responsibility to void years beyond the life of the playing part of the deal. The bill eventually comes due. All teams do the same to varying degrees.

Oooh, fair enough. I thought since he will be a UFA, that we get a comp pick. I didn't realise that was a rule. Well, that would make things more challenging with how to approach his contract. Given that we don't really do much in FA anyway, perhaps it might be a better idea to just let him play on his current contract? That way, we're likely to get a 3rd round pick out of him if we are moving on from him after this season?

Blitzen

Reaction score
Then where do you get your new starting QB.
They only reason they made the playoffs was because of Dak. You haters are blinded by your hate blaming playoff failures on Dak.
Who are you going to replace him with McFly?
And waste 3-5 years with your core stars. And that’s if you get lucky and don’t draft a bust.

Both sides go over the top to irritate competing perspectives. The bottom line is that the current QB will not get much if any better than he currently is. He has shown and proven his capacity with different coaches and players. Beat tier 3 teams, split against tier 2 teams, lose to tier 1 teams. Extending him (which they will)-will extend the aforementioned results. If his best stats translated in the playoff games (consistently throughout the game)-everyone would be onboard with an extension.

Witnessing early success of young/inexperienced QB’s such as Mahomes, Burrow, CJ Stroud, Purdy, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen should make you realize that success within 1-2 years of being in the league is not out of reach even if you are not drafting in the top 5 picks. Journeyman like Geno Smith, Baker Mayfield, and Derek Carr show you that teams can get immediate mediocre results after their starter leaves.

If you can blame getting into the playoffs only on the QB, can you see the hypocrisy of not blaming the QB for a playoff loss? Use a mirror when making an argument.

If you want the name (how about Russell Wilson?) of a QB that will give the team the exact or better production from the position immediately-you are wanting to go until the doors fall off. No team can exactly predict when a player will drastically fall off their previous production-but they can view trends and make decisions based on them. In my opinion, a QB should only be extended after 6 years (starting) if they reach a conference final or better. Dak has plateaued in a performance area that seems like a small difference but is unfortunately an extremely large gap with his surrounding talent.

The funny part is that the line of reasoning (name the next starting QB then) is inevitable (be it next season or 5-10 seasons from now). No one will be able to give a definitive answer then either-which is no reason to keep an incumbent starter that is only as good as his surrounding cast.

Flamma

Reaction score
And how old will Micah, Lamb, Diggs, Tyler and the other top players be?
Does it matter? They can't put a team around Dak good enough to win. Or they are, but Dak isn't good enough. It's one or the other. They have to stack the team like the 49ers do for Purdy. But it's hard to do paying him all that money. What bothers me is that they don't even try. The Cowboys standard operating procedure hasn't changed. It was the same SOP when Dak was a rookie.