Green Bay has the model for Dak

kevm3

Reaction score
Wentz throwing it down the field was not the right decision. They only needed to kick a field goal, so it made zero sense to take a high risk throw like that with a minute and 30 on the clock. What you do is methodically move down the field, drain time off the clock and let your kicker do his duty unless you have a guy absolutely wide open down the field.

Wentz is a legit quarterback, but to see how some of these guys are drooling over him and are cowboys fans is amazing. Him and Dak have virtually the same stats, with Dak even edging him out in some areas, including YPA. Why he's the super legit qb and Dak is getting this rep as a bus driver among cowboys fans is puzzling. What's even more puzzling is some can't seem to figure out that if Wentz is here, that means no Zeke, possibly no Jaylon, and no first next year because we would have to put up a comparable offer to Philly. We may not have had to give up as much, but it would certainly cost at least 2 1sts and possibly a 2nd.

Falco78

Reaction score
Wentz throwing it down the field was not the right decision. They only needed to kick a field goal, so it made zero sense to take a high risk throw like that with a minute and 30 on the clock. What you do is methodically move down the field, drain time off the clock and let your kicker do his duty unless you have a guy absolutely wide open down the field.

Wentz is a legit quarterback, but to see how some of these guys are drooling over him and are cowboys fans is amazing. Him and Dak have virtually the same stats, with Dak even edging him out in some areas, including YPA. Why he's the super legit qb and Dak is getting this rep as a bus driver among cowboys fans is puzzling. What's even more puzzling is some can't seem to figure out that if Wentz is here, that means no Zeke, possibly no Jaylon, and no first next year because we would have to put up a comparable offer to Philly. We may not have had to give up as much, but it would certainly cost at least 2 1sts and possibly a 2nd.
They are literally 1A and 1B at this point so I don't understand it either lol

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Dak is no longer a mystery to the NFL. Expect scheming by the GB defense to cause Dak to be uncomfortable and force rookie turn overs. This will be Daks coming out party and we will see if he and wentz are on the same level. I have this game as a win for Dallas IF we stop GB's running game and ours is good. If a shoot out then GB wins BIG. Dallas 24-21

Yep Cincy didn't try to scheme at all. GB will be the first team do this.

And Dak needs this game to prove if he is on Wentz's level? :lmao2::lmao:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think there's any question but what playing GB at their place will absolutely be our stiffest test to date. If we win that one, expect Dak's ratings to skyrocket more than ever. If not, it would most likely be a time of coming back to earth for both Dak and the team as well. That should prove to be an intriguing matchup, as well as by far the most difficult test we've faced yet. (jmho)

rwalters31

Reaction score
They are literally 1A and 1B at this point so I don't understand it either lol
Good point, the distinction is that Wentz makes calls at the line that is all him. Dak is running the plays called by the coaches with the only option is to throw the ball into the cheap seats if no receivers. When another team has this figured out they scheme to take him out of his comfort zone and see him make the right read on receivers. Football 101.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
And here I was told Washington, Chicago, SF and Cincinnati were going to be "true tests".

As a matter of fact, we heard from many "Oh preseason is just preseason, just wait until the regular season when it really matters."

Who in the world said that about Washington, Chicago, and SF?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dak is no longer a mystery to the NFL. Expect scheming by the GB defense to cause Dak to be uncomfortable and force rookie turn overs. This will be Daks coming out party and we will see if he and wentz are on the same level. I have this game as a win for Dallas IF we stop GB's running game and ours is good. If a shoot out then GB wins BIG. Dallas 24-21

I would think that Green Bay's plan will be to stack against the run and force Prescott to beat them. Our running game led the charge against Cincy and allowed us to control the game. Wouldn't be surprised to see lots of blitzing to try to fill the gaps against the run and put pressure on Prescott.

If that's the case, then Prescott could have a big day if we pick up the blitz.

rockj7

Reaction score
The Cowboys have progressed over the last 4 weeks while the Giants have regressed. The Packers
are always tough to beat at home and next week won't be easy. We have to play our offense and get
pressure with our defense while not giving the ball away. Not an easy task but, we have a good chance if
we can play our game. This might be Dak's last game for awhile so he's going to make the best of it.

Tony Romo under center pass for 9 yrds Witten....... Romo looks hurt......... Dak warming up on the sideline......... Not going to be as long as you think I can feel it

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I would think that Green Bay's plan will be to stack against the run and force Prescott to beat them. Our running game led the charge against Cincy and allowed us to control the game. Wouldn't be surprised to see lots of blitzing to try to fill the gaps against the run and put pressure on Prescott.

Thats the thing. With Dak, I think defenses have to stack the box and stop zeke first. With Romo, I dare you to do that.

canters

Reaction score
So their toupee head D coordinator knows something no other team does? He is good but not invincible.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Because even in a loss the analysis have indicate that Wentz was/is the Best in all QB traits and is a true field General. Dak has shown he is good at DRIVING the bus.

Ok thanks, good job good effort.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Thats the thing. With Dak, I think defenses have to stack the box and stop zeke first. With Romo, I dare you to do that.

Well, Prescott did complete 75 percent of his passes against Cincy because the Bengals chose to do a lot of single coverage, so right now, I dare them to do it with Dak, too. There's always the possibility that Prescott won't be able to take advantage of it if teams are able to devote enough resources to stop our running game, but the closest thing we've seen to that is the Giants game ... where I do think Romo would have made a difference. Of course, I also think Elliott running like he's running now would have made a difference.

conner01

Reaction score
And here I was told Washington, Chicago, SF and Cincinnati were going to be "true tests".

As a matter of fact, we heard from many "Oh preseason is just preseason, just wait until the regular season when it really matters."
The true test for a qb is are they better year two than year one to me. But with Dak that may be pretty hard to attain

roughneck266

Reaction score

I believe they have some injuries in the secondary, so this may actually be the best thing for us to have happen.