Green Bay has the model for Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because even in a loss the analysis have indicate that Wentz was/is the Best in all QB traits and is a true field General. Dak has shown he is good at DRIVING the bus.

That's a joke. Wentz has done just as much or more "bus driving" than Dak has. He's thrown far more screens and dink and dunk passes. Even if you factor in the week off.

khiladi

Reaction score
Brady's whole offense the last couple of years was running it primarily from shotgun and getting the ball out quickly. In fact, Brady has been number 1 in terms of getting the ball out of his hands more than any other QB and it was in the two second mark.

How is that not taking the easy stuff?

That's the way it is, with the DB rules.. It's why these smaller guys are killing it.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because even in a loss the analysis have indicate that Wentz was/is the Best in all QB traits and is a true field General. Dak has shown he is good at DRIVING the bus.
Driving the bus LOL
Go to Alex and buy a clue

reddyuta

Reaction score
Rodgers has been a shockingly average QB over the past year...

I actually think the Packer's defense is better than their offense at this stage.

I honestly think this game will come down to the Cowboys OL/Zeke/running game vs the Packer's front seven.

absolutely right. if we can run against this team(we generally struggle to run against 3-4 teams) then we have a great chance.the problem with the run game is that the Packers LBs are really good at stopping the run.They guess right and go full steam ahead ,this might be a game where Dak can hit some home runs off play action.I really hope Dez plays this game.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Dak is no longer a mystery to the NFL. Expect scheming by the GB defense to cause Dak to be uncomfortable and force rookie turn overs. This will be Daks coming out party and we will see if he and wentz are on the same level. I have this game as a win for Dallas IF we stop GB's running game and ours is good. If a shoot out then GB wins BIG. Dallas 24-21
Wait, I though the Bengals was the real test and had a great Defense, is this going to continue until Dak loses so we can get a big told you so?

LittleD

Reaction score
Jerry wants the 'W.' Plain and simple. Even if Romo comes back as the starter, Romo will be on a very short leash. Any more of those occasional off-the-reservation plays/games and he will find himself back on the bench.

You are probably correct. Romo will be given his chance because Jerry loves him and he deserves it.
I think the leash is getting shorter with every injury or bad game. I even think Romo is beginning to know
that now too!

VACowboy

Reaction score
Ok, so, the "expert" consensus seems to be that Wentz is a franchise QB but the jury is out on Prescott because Wentz has command of the entire playbook and throws a beautiful deep ball while Prescott is getting the benefit of a great running game and throwing controlled passes as he drives the bus. I'll grant the running game point. I wonder though why no one ever mentions the Philly D or the vaunted Eagle OL when these discussions go down. Anyway, here's what the stats say...

- Wentz is 3-1. Prescott is 4-1.
- Wentz has attempted 135 passes. Prescott, 155.
- Wentz has completed 67.4% of his passes. Prescott, 69.0%.
- Yards per attempt? Wentz: 7.5. Prescott: 8.0.
- Wentz has tossed 13 passes over 20 yards. Prescott, 12.
- Both have thrown 2 passes of 40+ yards.
- Both have accounted for 7 TD's.
- Wentz has thrown a pick. Prescott hasn't.
- What about yards in the air? Wentz is 24th with 584. Prescott is 12th with 782.
- Of course, Carson has played one fewer games than Dak, but their % of yards in the air are 58.0 and 63.1, respectively.
- For context, notable players with air % lower than than Prescott and higher than Wentz are: Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson, Phillip Rivers, Andy Dalton and Eli Manning. Matt Ryan and Drew Brees are below both.

Just sayin'.

Sources:
NFL.com and SportingCharts

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And here I was told Washington, Chicago, SF and Cincinnati were going to be "true tests".

As a matter of fact, we heard from many "Oh preseason is just preseason, just wait until the regular season when it really matters."

The "true tests" will keep moving like goal posts...until we lose...then we will know it was a true test that he failed.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, so, the "expert" consensus seems to be that Wentz is a franchise QB but the jury is out on Prescott because Wentz has command of the entire playbook and throws a beautiful deep ball while Prescott is getting the benefit of a great running game and throwing controlled passes as he drives the bus. I'll grant the running game point. I wonder though why no one ever mentions the Philly D or the vaunted Eagle OL when these discussions go down. Anyway, here's what the stats say...

- Wentz's team is 3-1. Prescott's team is 4-1.
- Wentz has attempted 135 passes. Prescott, 155.
- Wentz has completed 67.4% of his passes. Prescott, 69.0%.
- Yards per attempt? Wentz: 7.5. Prescott: 8.0.
- Wentz has tossed 13 passes over 20 yards. Prescott, 12.
- Both have thrown 2 passes of 40+ yards.
- Both have accounted for 7 TD's.
- Wentz has thrown a pick. Prescott hasn't.
- Prescott has lost a fumble. Wentz hasn't.
- Prescott has been sacked 7 times for 30 yards. Wentz has been sacked 7 times for 26 yards.
- Prescott has run 19 times for 61 yards (3.2). Wentz has run 11 times for 35 yards (3.2).

- What about yards in the air? Wentz is 24th with 584. Prescott is 12th with 782.
- Of course, Carson has played one fewer games than Dak, but their % of yards in the air are 58.0 and 63.1, respectively.
- For context, notable players with air % lower than than Prescott and higher than Wentz are: Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson, Phillip Rivers, Andy Dalton and Eli Manning. Matt Ryan and Drew Brees are below both.

Just sayin'.

Sources:
NFL.com and SportingCharts
Just filling out the rest of the data.

It's pretty much a dead heat at this point.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
I thought I read on here and other football experts that the Bengals were the '85 Bears.

I like how leading up until yesterday the narrative was the Bengals and Packers are the real tests but now that Dallas has dispatched the Bengals with ease I'm seeing tons of comments about how the Bengals aren't very good.

Pretty much the same as the 'it's just preseason' crowd.

Gotta love those moving goal posts.

irving

Reaction score
You should go to the NFL channel and lesson to the Coaches talk, you might learn something!!
And how many of those coaches thought Dak was going to be able to do what he has before the season started. Coaches get things wrong all the time, no Wentz does not have more leadership ability than Dak, nor does he have more poise. Anyone saying that is just seeing what they want to see.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Yes, Wentz leads the world in like 1 yard pass td's. We're so lucky the previous teams didn't want to scheme for Dak.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I don't think there's any question but what playing GB at their place will absolutely be our stiffest test to date. If we win that one, expect Dak's ratings to skyrocket more than ever. If not, it would most likely be a time of coming back to earth for both Dak and the team as well. That should prove to be an intriguing matchup, as well as by far the most difficult test we've faced yet. (jmho)

If we beat GB the cries for Romo will only get louder in this place. Absolutely baffling. :huh: