Green Bay has the model for Dak

waving monkey

Reaction score
When will you learn that it doesn't matter to the Jones' what the fanbase thinks at all. Jerry will have his way and you know it.
Romo is not going to lose his position due to injury so get used to he idea that he's going to be the guy as long as he can hold up
and get the job done. There will be no REAL dilemma and Dak will gladly go back to being the backup. What the owner wants, the
owner gets...Get It?
I cant hear what your saying because of the vitriol your writing

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I believe they have some injuries in the secondary, so this may actually be the best thing for us to have happen.

It's going to be interesting around here if the rookie outplays Rodgers, but considering Dak has been completing 70 percent or more of his passes in the past four games and Rodgers has been only topped 60 percent once in five games, it's a possibility.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting around here if the rookie outplays Rodgers, but considering Dak has been completing 70 percent or more of his passes in the past four games and Rodgers has been only topped 60 percent once in five games, it's a possibility.

Yeah, I don't know what is wrong with Rodgers. As much time as he had. he should have ripped them to shreds. Was the NYG coverage that good?

Reaction score
Dak is no longer a mystery to the NFL. Expect scheming by the GB defense to cause Dak to be uncomfortable and force rookie turn overs. This will be Daks coming out party and we will see if he and wentz are on the same level. I have this game as a win for Dallas IF we stop GB's running game and ours is good. If a shoot out then GB wins BIG. Dallas 24-21

Cheese and crackers! Dak,Dak,Dak,Dak,Dak,Dak,Dak,Dak,Dak,Dak, and more Dak. I'm going to O.D. on this crap. The entire offense looks great, especially the OL. They can and will move the ball and score in every game,,, it's the defense that will be the limiting factor on where this team ends up. If the Cowboys are behind by 3 scores in the fourth quarter, THAT will be what trips up Dak,,, asking him to score repeatedly with a limited amount of touches and time,,, pretty much what they've done to Romo his whole career.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
YES, all his plays are planned, and I read that the OL protection is called by Martin. So, this one is easy!!

Martin I believe. He's a veteran and Dak is still learning. So I can get that.

But as far as his plays being planned...of course they are. It's called a GAMEPLAN. I don't know if you've noticed this before or not but every team, every week, has one of those.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Agreed. It's a real possibility. The kid has shown composure I dont recall seeing in another rookie. It does help greatly having a brand new work horse back. really looks like we had a case of lightning striking twice in big d. The line played a phenomenal game yesterday, and the defense definitely looked awesome as well. I think this will be as big a test for GB as it is for the boys.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Their defense is not that good. In fact, the secondary is so banged up that this might be the week Dak starts making some plays down the field.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Martin I believe. He's a veteran and Dak is still learning. So I can get that.

But as far as his plays being planned...of course they are. It's called a GAMEPLAN. I don't know if you've noticed this before or not but every team, every week, has one of those.

Exactly, so are they telling us that Wentz is calling his own plays????

visionary

Reaction score
Because even in a loss the analysis have indicate that Wentz was/is the Best in all QB traits and is a true field General. Dak has shown he is good at DRIVING the bus.

I can't agree with this at all

Dak is not just driving the bus, he is doing a lot more. I think that at this stage Dak and Wentz have to be considered at least at par with each other.

The only reasons this is the case are because it is very very early in the careers of both players and because Dak was a 4th round pick and people (including myself) just can't believe that this kid is this good so even fans are lowering expectations and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

But this kid has been that good.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would think that Green Bay's plan will be to stack against the run and force Prescott to beat them. Our running game led the charge against Cincy and allowed us to control the game. Wouldn't be surprised to see lots of blitzing to try to fill the gaps against the run and put pressure on Prescott.

If that's the case, then Prescott could have a big day if we pick up the blitz.

It's the same game plan the Giants, Washington and SF employed.

And GB's dline isn't nearly as good as Cincinnati's.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
When will you learn that it doesn't matter to the Jones' what the fanbase thinks at all. Jerry will have his way and you know it.
Romo is not going to lose his position due to injury so get used to he idea that he's going to be the guy as long as he can hold up
and get the job done. There will be no REAL dilemma and Dak will gladly go back to being the backup. What the owner wants, the
owner gets...Get It?

Jerry wants the 'W.' Plain and simple. Even if Romo comes back as the starter, Romo will be on a very short leash. Any more of those occasional off-the-reservation plays/games and he will find himself back on the bench.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Agreed. It's a real possibility. The kid has shown composure I dont recall seeing in another rookie. It does help greatly having a brand new work horse back. really looks like we had a case of lightning striking twice in big d. The line played a phenomenal game yesterday, and the defense definitely looked awesome as well. I think this will be as big a test for GB as it is for the boys.

This offensive line is a test for anyone. Best thing Garrett has done as a coach is build this line (even though some of it was just luck of the draft).

Dak deserves credit for what he's done as a rookie, but he certainly is benefiting from this line and backs where other rookie QBs have not had that luxury. That might seem like a slight, but it isn't intended to be one. Circumstances certainly play a part in success.

I remember the way Troy Aikman's career started off when Dallas placed him in a no-win situation as a rookie. It took a few years for Dallas to get the offensive parts around him to succeed.

What we have now and had in 2014 was what every quarterback needs. Dak (and/or Tony) has to do his part, of course, and nothing should be taken away from that, but it's a wonderful relationship to behold. It's also one in 2014 and so far this year that greatly benefits a defense that is still our weak link.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It's the same game plan the Giants, Washington and SF employed.

And GB's dline isn't nearly as good as Cincinnati's.

To an extent. I think Cincy and New York in particular tried to win more with their front four because they felt their lines could go toe-to-toe with our offensive line. It worked to some extent for New York because Elliott wasn't being patient.

I expect Green Bay to look at the Cincy film and realize it's only chance to stop the run is to run blitz often. San Fran has some success against us early rushing extra defenders and I think the Packers will follow that formula until it doesn't work.

khiladi

Reaction score
Why do people claim Dak is driving the bus? We are running more bootlegs and play-action passes than ever before and are targeting Beasley on a lot more run routes, as well as underneath and in crossing routes..

Remember also, this will technically be Romo's second year in an offense where him and Linehan were in complete control..