Green Bay has the model for Dak

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
lol, funny how everyone is waiting for the kid to fail so they can say see I told you so b$. It was the vaunted Bengals front 7 this past week and he passed that with flying colors.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Wentz throwing it down the field was not the right decision. They only needed to kick a field goal, so it made zero sense to take a high risk throw like that with a minute and 30 on the clock. What you do is methodically move down the field, drain time off the clock and let your kicker do his duty unless you have a guy absolutely wide open down the field.

Wentz is a legit quarterback, but to see how some of these guys are drooling over him and are cowboys fans is amazing. Him and Dak have virtually the same stats, with Dak even edging him out in some areas, including YPA. Why he's the super legit qb and Dak is getting this rep as a bus driver among cowboys fans is puzzling. What's even more puzzling is some can't seem to figure out that if Wentz is here, that means no Zeke, possibly no Jaylon, and no first next year because we would have to put up a comparable offer to Philly. We may not have had to give up as much, but it would certainly cost at least 2 1sts and possibly a 2nd.
I think most those guys don't watch Wentz play just highlights or box score play by play. Wentz threw behind the line and under 10 yards all game. One of the few times he threw past 10 yards was intercepted. He isn't accurate, his first td was so low Matthews almost couldn't get and had to turn backwards to get it. Wentz second td was so high Dorial almost tipped it.

I don't see the love fest with wentz. He already is starting to get exposed and I expect much more turnovers each game

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Martin I believe. He's a veteran and Dak is still learning. So I can get that.

But as far as his plays being planned...of course they are. It's called a GAMEPLAN. I don't know if you've noticed this before or not but every team, every week, has one of those.
Frederick has been making line calls since day 2 as a rookie not Martin

Blake

Reaction score
lol, funny how everyone is waiting for the kid to fail so they can say see I told you so b$. It was the vaunted Bengals front 7 this past week and he passed that with flying colors.

What if this kid actually wins a superbowl. They'll attach an asterisk to his name and say he hasn't been under the tutelage Romo yet, so this one doesn't count...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If we beat GB the cries for Romo will only get louder in this place. Absolutely baffling. :huh:

Yeah, I know Romo has so many fans, seemingly unwilling to consider benching him. Evidently, Jerry is one of 'em. Nevertheless, sometimes circumstances make it practical to facilitate change, despite feelings of loyalty and the monstrous monetary investment involved.

I'm honestly not expecting to beat GB, knowing full well that they're such a quality team and outstanding on both sides of the ball. It still wouldn't surprise me that much if this turned-on team found a way to shock the world, including themselves in the process. It's just nuts.

We're definitely surprising plenty of people, including many of our own fans. Someone that I hadn't talked to in years called me a while ago, wanting the lowdown of what the heck has happened to spur such a dramatic change in the Cowboys. It was fun relating all the crazy turn of events this year and what led up to their surprising transformation.

Last edited:

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
And here I was told Washington, Chicago, SF and Cincinnati were going to be "true tests".

As a matter of fact, we heard from many "Oh preseason is just preseason, just wait until the regular season when it really matters."
If we win at GB, it will turn into "Lets see how Dak responds after a bye week. The real test is coming back after your rhythm has been interrupted."

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
Spagnola is such a company man and talks about the time he has back there to find the open guy and how Linehan is putting him in a great position to succeed, hardly mentioning the incredible job he has done.

T-RO

Reaction score
This thread is the **** I'm talking about man.

People can have other opinions without what you are suggesting.

I think Dak is a better choice over Romo right now. I'm a believer....and am super impressed. Dak is easily among the best rookie quarterbacks I've ever seen...if not the best (Roger was before my time).

And I definitely don't see Dak as a bus driver.

But I also will say I've never seen a rookie quarterback who has had such good pass blocking and concede its only 5 games. Give room to those with other opinions.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You know what I am sick of?

Mike Mcarthy and the packers. I am tired of hearing about this team.

I can't wait to watch zeke sunday at lambeau.
yeah hopefully we give them the same thing we gave cin!
If we beat GB, some will still say it isnt enough and bla bla bla.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
yeah hopefully we give them the same thing we gave cin!
If we beat GB, some will still say it isnt enough and bla bla bla.

I don't know how anyone could be questioning what Dallas has done really. When you look around the league there are really only a few teams playing at a high level. Dallas is one of them.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
There is no one game that will provide the test you want. The answer you're seeking can only be found after seasons of sustained high levels of play. Just be happy the early returns are highly promising.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
People can have other opinions without what you are suggesting.

I think Dak is a better choice over Romo right now. I'm a believer....and am super impressed. Dak is easily among the best rookie quarterbacks I've ever seen...if not the best (Roger was before my time).

And I definitely don't see Dak as a bus driver.

But I also will say I've never seen a rookie quarterback who has had such good pass blocking and concede its only 5 games. Give room to those with other opinions.
I'm talking about the Wentz garbage

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak is no longer a mystery to the NFL. Expect scheming by the GB defense to cause Dak to be uncomfortable and force rookie turn overs. This will be Daks coming out party and we will see if he and wentz are on the same level. I have this game as a win for Dallas IF we stop GB's running game and ours is good. If a shoot out then GB wins BIG. Dallas 24-21

I think GB better focus on the Cowboys running attack because as long as Zeke and Morris are keeping Dallas is favorable down and distance it will not matter what they figure out with Dak.