Greg Hardy Day two, will he sign thread **Leave out Moral and legal issues**

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It would be more $$$ - plus less spotlight on him from a national perspective.

Well, if the Bucs draft Jameis Winston, you're going to have two members on that team who were accused of crimes against women. That's going to be a whole lot of spotlight, especially if one slips up again. But, you're right. No light is as bright as the one that shines in Dallas, especially when the team is winning.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He's taking his physical this morning with the Cowboys.

I can't see him not being a Cowboy at this point.

If he is in fact taking his physical today then I agree with you. The only reason they're doing that is because they're going to sign him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm getting tired of this Murray is a good-guy crap.

First of all, the guy was salty as hell with the deal being offered and Dallas let him test his market value. ;Other teams clearly didn't think that much of him to even offer him the deal he thought he was worth. All we heard for awhile was Dallas and Jacksonville. The Philly move in and of itself was nothing but a head scratch and really just a shock for everybody. Nobody knows what Chip is doing. They released a proven guy in the system, McCoy, who is just as good, if not better than Murray, and got Murray paying similar money. Sorry, but if your only real competition in terms of want is Jacksonville, than your clearly not as good as you think you are.

Secondly, as it relates to personal matters, he cheated with his best friend's wife. while the latter was on a try out for the Raiders. The best friend posted the actual texts of Murray and it was all over the internet, so these reporters playing this 'good guy' angle are full of it. I'm sure they are aware of what happened just a couple months ago.

Since he signed with the Eagles, Demarco Murray is dead to me.

Out of his ashes rose his new persona.....Spray Tan

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I can't bear much more of this. Wish he'd just sign somewhere (hopefully here) already.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
He's a terrific football player and these guys arent saints. I have 7 and 11 year old daughters, so I'm not a big fan. Don't particularly like what Hartsock said about him either - late to meetings, didn't listen to teaamates, "unmanageable" at times.

With all that said, nobody ultimately cares about that stuff. He'll help the Cowboys, and I hope it works out, but not a big fan.

Sounds like a Haley clone.... come on down

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The last crazy lineman we had entered the Hall of Fame, can't be all that bad signing Hardy.:D

mahoneybill

Reaction score
The Bucs have already purged us of Melton, Moore, and Carter. Has to be the Lovie and Marinelli connection. Why would he spend the day in Dallas, be wined and dined, stay overnight, not even visit Tampa, and then sign with the Bucs. This screams an agent tactic by Rosenhaus trying to squeeze more money out of Jerry and Stephen Jones.

Good commentary on not being at Bucs and going to make a major decision.

Snake move by Rosenhaus....

burmafrd

Reaction score
Has anyone read the transcript from his fist trial about what he did? Just heard on PTI in the kitchen here that it is petty horrible. Does that upset anyone? Sorry if this was broached earlier.

ever hear the term He Said She Said?

And that there was very little physical evidence to back up her claims?

And that the judge was notorious for always believing the woman in DV cases?

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Looks like JJT is not the only one on the Murray pity party:

So, I guess Murray showing his leg to a hated divisional rival is okay? Jerry Jones at no time refused to consider bringing him back. This was a business move, not one about choosing character.

If Hardy signs for Murray money, then maybe these whiners have a point.

Congrats to whoever-he-is Jeff Caplan. Invites Jerry Jones to make personnel decisions based upon subjective normative evaluations rather than considerations relevant to putting the best possible team on the field. Three cheers for politically-motivated idiocy!!

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I may not like it, but DR is doing his job, if he was my agent it is what I would want him to do, create a leverage market that gets more money. The way to do that is to create competition or at least the appearance of it.

I don't think it will work with Stephen though as a article stated yesterday, they don't believe there is competition, hope they are right.

khiladi

Reaction score
I may not like it, but DR is doing his job, if he was my agent it is what I would want him to do, create a leverage market that gets more money. The way to do that is to create competition or at least the appearance of it.

I don't think it will work with Stephen though as a article stated yesterday, they don't believe there is competition, hope they are right.

I agree... My only issue is that you present yourself that your going to sign the next day on agreed upon terms, but then try and play an angle to get more money. It's pretty much we 'shook hands' when you actually did shake hands. Of course this is all predicated on the fact that Hardy and Drew did agree on terms...

But then again, I'm not even sure about it, because companies do present offer letters and withdraw them all the time. It could be implicit that this is how things operate.. So more power to Drew than..

CCBoy

Reaction score

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Obviously we'll all be ecstatic if he signs, but I'll be furious if we only offer a one year deal, which would be ridiculously stupid, considering we wouldn't have a chance in hell in landing him w/o his off-field issues. If Stephen doesn't have a three or four year deal on the table, then he's clearly a king moron.

Can you imagine him blowing up next year just to be franchised and holdout.

We need to lock him up now while his value is at its lowest possible amount.

Again, without the allegations of him beating his GF (5 minute silent vigil in all pink) we'd NEVER even get close to signing this type of talent.

If we want a SB, Stephen needs to learn how to wildcat like his daddy every once in a while, or he'll always be just on the outside of excellence.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Link to old thread

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/greg...tephen-jones-says-with-intent-to-sign.317733/

======================================

After Day-Long Visit, Hardy & Cowboys Continue Talks; Could Revisit on Wed.

IRVING, Texas – Free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy spent most of the day at Valley Ranch Tuesday, meeting with various coaches on the staff.

While he left late afternoon without a deal in place, it appears negotiations could start in the evening with the possibility of a deal getting struck as early as Wednesday.

Hardy is scheduled to remain in the Dallas area until Wednesday with a possible revisit in the morning, which could involve a physical if the negotiations get that far.

Read more http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...ardy-cowboys-continue-talks-could-revisit-wed

Can we mobilize fans to VR with signs for Hardy to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.