Greg Hardy Day two, will he sign thread **Leave out Moral and legal issues**

Status
Not open for further replies.

popp1234

Reaction score
So this guy sets up a visit with us, we wine and dine him, we negotiate into the night (hell, he even spends the night), and schedules a physical. Then, I wake up this morning to find out he might go to the Bucs, without even a visit? I could see this coming a mile away. I guarantee you Chip Kelly is behind this somehow.

coogrfan

Reaction score
ever hear the term He Said She Said?

And that there was very little physical evidence to back up her claims?

And that the judge was notorious for always believing the woman in DV cases?

Gimme a break. The evidence and testimony in Hardy's bench trial established beyond a reasonable doubt that he physically abused that woman, threatened her life, and then fabricated a 911 call in an attempt to cover his tracks.

This is a bad guy, folks.

KB1122

Reaction score
You can stop anytime now.

Why? I'm not against taking guys who do small things. People, especially young ones, make mistakes. That's not what this is. And someone has to provide the moral compass on this board, since the possibility of the Super Bowl seems to have caused everyone here to lose theirs.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't think it's a fiasco, we're just impatient. Things are moving along by all accounts.

The fiasco isn't just the timeline. Its all this about paying a "bad guy" and not Murray garbage. I know this is the baggage that comes with a like Hardy and the accusations, but I am already over it.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Obviously we'll all be ecstatic if he signs, but I'll be furious if we only offer a one year deal, which would be ridiculously stupid, considering we wouldn't have a chance in hell in landing him w/o his off-field issues. If Stephen doesn't have a three or four year deal on the table, then he's clearly a king moron.

Can you imagine him blowing up next year just to be franchised and holdout.

We need to lock him up now while his value is at its lowest possible amount.

Again, without the allegations of him beating his GF (5 minute silent vigil in all pink) we'd NEVER even get close to signing this type of talent.

If we want a SB, Stephen needs to learn how to wildcat like his daddy every once in a while, or he'll always be just on the outside of excellence.

It's always funny how people pretend like it's that easy.

Carolina clearly found it difficult to sign the guy when his value wasn't tainted by an assault charge.

But suddenly it's easy to lock him down now? Why he is even more motivated to rehab his image before signing long term?

People act like player agents are morons and will sign anything.

erod

Reaction score
Folks will be ecstatic when he signs, but it's not out of the question that he could an eight-game suspension immediately after.

I've heard everything from four games to the entire 2015 season.

khiladi

Reaction score
And as far as Murray doing what everyone here is accusing him of, took me 30 secs to find this

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/17/brennan-clay-arrested-assault-wife-demarco-murray/

So he took back the accusations of Murray or he took back the accusations against his wife? You can't spin those texts, so what exactly Clay claims to have 'misunderstood' clearly can't be related to an affair. So he decided to get back with her, because it wasn't Murray she was sleeping with, but another guy?

http://********.com/brennan-clay-posts-alleged-sexts-between-his-wife-and-d-1667076113

That is Dead Spin BTW... Not sure why it is being filtered.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
no-chance-puzzle-shows-refusal-rejected-or-never-100213918.jpg

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So this guy sets up a visit with us, we wine and dine him, we negotiate into the night (hell, he even spends the night). Then, I wake up this morning to find out he might go to the Bucs, without even a visit? I could see this coming a mile away. I guarantee you Chip Kelly is behind this somehow.

Pretty much exactly how I feel man. The only consolation I have is this is all coming from his snake agent. If this is being pushed by Hardy, I have more reservations about signing him than I had before.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Why? I'm not against taking guys who do small things. People, especially young ones, make mistakes. That's not what this is. And someone has to provide the moral compass on this board, since the possibility of the Super Bowl seems to have caused everyone here to lose theirs.

when you start applying a moral compass, you then look down on everyone who disagrees with you.

not a good idea.

visionary

Reaction score
Folks will be ecstatic when he signs, but it's not out of the question that he could an eight-game suspension immediately after.

Don't care
Sign him

coogrfan

Reaction score

Personally I hope the Hawks sign the guy. I don't want that man wearing the Star.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So he took back the accusations of Murray or he took back the accusations against his wife? You can't spin those texts, so what exactly Clay claims to have 'misunderstood' clearly can't be related to an affair. So he decided to get back with her, because it wasn't Murray she was sleeping with, but another guy?

http://********.com/brennan-clay-posts-alleged-sexts-between-his-wife-and-d-1667076113

That is Dead Spin BTW...

I would assume that a man apologizing to his wife wouldn't make national news...

dallasdave

Reaction score
Why don't you focus on reading up on the Civil Rights movement or the horrendous living conditions for women in the Middle East if you're so concerned about allegations of domestic abuse.

I'm sure there's more than enough injustice floating around the news today against women to get your fill.

This is about championships.

Get on board...

Well said,stay thirsty my friend.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.