Greg Hardy Day two, will he sign thread **Leave out Moral and legal issues**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/2015/03/greg-hardy-the-pass-rusher-dallas-needs.html/

Sturm seems excited too.

That was a DeMarcus Ware move from a guy with about 20 more pounds on him. Hips, fluidity, and athleticism.

I don't remember seeing Ware do something like that... Ware usually just beat his man by speed.. The move Sturm is referring to was a shake and bake...

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Football is a billion dollar monster that no one can control. If Bin Laden could run a 4.4 some one wouldve offered him a contract after his "suspension".

The league is disgusting and not the one I grew up watching. I loved Emmitt not because he was a great player but he was a great person. He was whiny at the beginning and end of his career but when Walter Payton's family honors you that shows the kind of person you are.

The league has always had players in trouble.
Hournig betting on games
Hollywood Henderson admitting to doing cocaine during the Super Bowl
LT and his drug use
Irvin and his off the field issues
Vick and dogs

The NFL is a reflection of society...good and bad.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Football is a billion dollar monster that no one can control. If Bin Laden could run a 4.4 some one wouldve offered him a contract after his "suspension".

The league is disgusting and not the one I grew up watching. I loved Emmitt not because he was a great player but he was a great person. He was whiny at the beginning and end of his career but when Walter Payton's family honors you that shows the kind of person you are.

It's exactly the same league you grew up watching, you just didn't grow up with so much access and so much private information being made public. If it disgusts you so much, by all means check out. Im sure the NFL will be beating down your door for your viewership in no time...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

I hear you and know where you're coming from... but there have always been guys with borderline character issues in the NFL... as well as guys who have crossed over that border.

I understand some people's dislike for Hardy but it is nothing new to the NFL.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He settled which caused her to drop charges. If he was truly innocent of everything he wouldn't have settled.

And in all sincerity where are the other character threads on Hardy? I'll be happy to discuss this there.

Settled after her story kept changing. Blah.

Don't want to get into this.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The league has always had players in trouble.
Hournig betting on games
Hollywood Henderson admitting to doing cocaine during the Super Bowl
LT and his drug use
Irvin and his off the field issues
Vick and dogs

The NFL is a reflection of society...good and bad.

While I don't agree with drug use I think the crimes have been escalating the last 10 years. Tank and his assault weapons, Vick and his dogs, Hernandez murderring people. Lawrence Phillips murderring people, Ray Lewis and his super bowl deal, hardy beating women, DGB throwing women down stairs, Randle and Wichita.

This is different than LT or betting on games. These are violent felons that are allowed to play because they can run fast. As for Michael did we ever figure out if it was rape or an affair that went bad?

KB1122

Reaction score
Maybe the world, but there's always been awful people. And talented awful people always get more chances than untalented awful people.

Robert Durst called. He was wondering if you could try to get on his jury.

jwitten82

Reaction score
He settled which caused her to drop charges. If he was truly innocent of everything he wouldn't have settled.

And in all sincerity where are the other character threads on Hardy? I'll be happy to discuss this there.

And he was truly guilty, then she wouldve showed up to court instead of having to settle.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
"Let he who has committed no sin, cast the first stone."

He's had problems in the past. We get it. Most here have had sudden bursts of uncontrollable anger and some have done things we regret. I know I have. It's human nature. Granted some are more obtruse than others, but human we are and human we shall remain.

What's important is not that we've made mistakes. What's important is that we learn from them, correct them and ask forgiveness from those we've offended. As previously stated numerous times, these aren't a bunch of choir boys and many wrongs have never been uncovered. What's important is to surround him with the right people to remind him, and encourage him to never repeat what he's done again. It's amazing how people react when surrounded by people who care.

I think he'll do well in our system. I believe we have the right staff in place to get the most out of him on the field and council him to prevent any more off the field issues.

If he does it again, then it's time to say bye bye. But give the man a shot. There's tremendous upside to this signing if he performs well and stays out of trouble. There's tremendous backlash if he doesn't. He's a game changer and I'm willing to take that shot. I'd much rather go into this signing open-minded than constantly revert on his past.

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, not only we got to hear about Murray, but than we got to hear about a mythical picture about the past and Walter Payton is brought up, yet he also faced many issues.

http://hbcubuzz.com/drugs-infidelity-highlight-new-walter-payton-biography/

Even his family had to announce the following, during the release of the biography:

“WALTER, LIKE ALL OF US, WASN’T PERFECT. THE CHALLENGES HE FACED WERE WELL KNOWN TO THOSE OF US WHO LOVED AND LIVED WITH HIM. HE WAS A GREAT FATHER TO JARRETT AND BRITTNEY AND HELD A SPECIAL PLACE IN THE FOOTBALL WORLD AND THE CHICAGO COMMUNITY. RECENT DISCLOSURES – SOME TRUE, SOME UNTRUE – DO NOT CHANGE THIS. I’M SADDENED THAT ANYONE WOULD ATTEMPT TO PROFIT FROM THESE STORIES, MANY TOLD BY PEOPLE WITH LITTLE CREDIBILITY.”

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
This is different than LT or betting on games. These are violent felons that are allowed to play because they can run fast. As for Michael did we ever figure out if it was rape or an affair that went bad?

I though you had to be convicted to be a felon?

AzorAhai

Reaction score

Are you really comparing Hardy and his case or any of these cases to Bin Laden? The man who was behind the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans?

slick325

Reaction score

You're not being serious are you? I've been reading your posts and can respect your opinion BUT to make the sweeping statement that "the league is disgusting and not the one I grew up watching" seems very naïve. I hope you realize that the League is merely a microcosm of society as a whole and has been since it's inception. The former owner of the Skins (Marshall) didn't want to have African American players on his team and was the last to integrate. That was years ago and the same League you watch now. Jim Brown, Harvey Martin and several others faced DV charges in the '60's and '70's. Warren Moon faced DV charges in the '90's. There was rampant drug use in the '70's and '80's and a shining example of that is Bill Parcells (you seem to like him) favorite player all-time Lawrence Taylor.

Bottom line is the League has bad guys and good guys just like the rest of society.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
While I don't agree with drug use I think the crimes have been escalating the last 10 years. Tank and his assault weapons, Vick and his dogs, Hernandez murderring people. Lawrence Phillips murderring people, Ray Lewis and his super bowl deal, hardy beating women, DGB throwing women down stairs, Randle and Wichita.

I see what your saying and you could be correct in violent crimes, media coverage has changed, so whose to say that in the 60's/70's/80's women weren't beaten and we just didn't know about it. I would guess it did, just like in mainstream, women have always been beaten and most are not reported.

Wood

Reaction score
If and when we sign Hardy. ..how does this affect Carr?

I would think Carr would have to take reduction to get Hardy signed because Dallas has been adamant on not stretching out Romo contract any further. I also think CB or DT become main priority in 1st round in draft (I think Gurley is going #17 to SD). Then take RB in 2nd or 3rd round. I am still little uncomfortable about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.