Greg Hardy Day two, will he sign thread **Leave out Moral and legal issues**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Crap. Only reason I'm actually nervous is just to stick it to the panthers and go to the bucs

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Clarence Hill says they are trying to sign him to a one year deal. That makes no sense to me. Long term contract would be better. Structured with outs for the team and incentive bonuses for Hardy.

I bet they are doing a similar type to Melton, one year with option for multiple.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Ex-teammate describes Hardy as 'nightmare' for opponents but sometimes 'unmanageable'

Having played with Greg Hardy, who is he?

Ben Hartsock: I'm not sure Greg Hardy knows exactly who he is yet. Greg Hardy is an interesting character. His notoriety as of late hasn't been in a positive light, but before the whole domestic violence thing came down on him, he was more of just kind of viewed as kind of a cartoon figure in our locker room. He was kind of a harmless beast kind of thing, in the sense that everything was just kind of benign goofiness. But Greg can play football. Don't mix that up one bit. He can play football. You don't find guys who are 6-4 and can run 4.6 and 300 pounds. Those guys don't grow on trees. That's the thing that is so alluring about him. What's interesting is off the field, he's just a unique character. He has an alter ego that has kind of grown into this beast. He refers to himself as The Kraken. I asked him one day about it ... is this your character? How did this Kraken character come to be? He said some guy on Twitter gave him the nickname and he liked it, so he ran with it. It's become one of these things where he's almost losing touch with who Greg Hardy is at times. And The Kraken has taken over a little bit.

Read the rest here.... http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...-for-opponents-but-sometimes-unmanageable.ece

First report I have seen of something like this.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i just want to be a part of the early pages of this thread. that way when it's over, i can say "i remember when i was on page 1 of this epic thread!"

definitely a dear diary day.

We're having T-shirts printed! Get yours now!

:flagwave:

(And we'll be selling the Peterson T-shirts starting tomorrow if you're interested!)

:thumbup:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Clarence Hill says they are trying to sign him to a one year deal. That makes no sense to me. Long term contract would be better. Structured with outs for the team and incentive bonuses for Hardy.

1 year deal???????????????? So he misses 2-6 games and you only get him for 3/4 of the season if you're lucky? I would get him for at least 3 years. Opportunities to acquire this type of DL talent are rare.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
He's a terrific football player and these guys arent saints. I have 7 and 11 year old daughters, so I'm not a big fan. Don't particularly like what Hartsock said about him either - late to meetings, didn't listen to teaamates, "unmanageable" at times.

With all that said, nobody ultimately cares about that stuff. He'll help the Cowboys, and I hope it works out, but not a big fan.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
You know the only thing she broke during this "beating" was a toe nail right?

I wouldn't have anything to do with him if he did what Ray Rice did. This case is far more complicated, with a tremendous amount of contradiction.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Bucs with McCoy, Hardy, and Morgan(and possibly a rejuvenated Michael J) would be pretty scary.

God, I hope he signs here.

Michael Johnson got cut and went back to Cincinnati.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have a real problem with people painting people as guilty even though they've been exhonerated. IIRC her statement/testimony was full of holes and contradictions and it was a good thing that she declined to testify again.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
So fish says:

Last night they put a fork in his hand.
This morning they will put a pen in his hand.
Wining and dining someone is a great way to close a deal. Supposedly, Jerry is one if the best at hosting visitors and showing them a good time.

dsudawg06

Reaction score
The Bucs have already purged us of Melton, Moore, and Carter. Has to be the Lovie and Marinelli connection. Why would he spend the day in Dallas, be wined and dined, stay overnight, not even visit Tampa, and then sign with the Bucs. This screams an agent tactic by Rosenhaus trying to squeeze more money out of Jerry and Stephen Jones.

hendog

Reaction score
Wining and dining someone is a great way to close a deal. Supposedly, Kerry is one if the best at hosting visitors and showing them a good time.

I hear Jerry's not bad at it either!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bucs with McCoy, Hardy, and Morgan(and possibly a rejuvenated Michael J) would be pretty scary.

God, I hope he signs here.

True, though Johnson is gone. Hardy, Crawford and Lawrence could be really nice too. I doubt the supporting cast will decide this. It's about money.

canters

Reaction score

I can find no evidence that the Bucs are an active player for Hardy, yet his agent is still peddling this notion. Good Grief!

I cannot believe JJ does not know this if I do. I am begining to dislike Drew Rosenhuas.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
What a kick to the gut this would be if he chooses the Bucs after we all but assumed he would sign here.

Status
Not open for further replies.