Greg Hardy Day two, will he sign thread **Leave out Moral and legal issues**

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamziD

Reaction score
I think he will go to the team that offers him the most guaranteed money. Period. If he flies to Tampa today, then it won't be looking good. Still not sure how to feel either way.

khiladi

Reaction score
Ex-teammate describes Hardy as 'nightmare' for opponents but sometimes 'unmanageable'

Having played with Greg Hardy, who is he?

Ben Hartsock: I'm not sure Greg Hardy knows exactly who he is yet. Greg Hardy is an interesting character. His notoriety as of late hasn't been in a positive light, but before the whole domestic violence thing came down on him, he was more of just kind of viewed as kind of a cartoon figure in our locker room. He was kind of a harmless beast kind of thing, in the sense that everything was just kind of benign goofiness. But Greg can play football. Don't mix that up one bit. He can play football. You don't find guys who are 6-4 and can run 4.6 and 300 pounds. Those guys don't grow on trees. That's the thing that is so alluring about him. What's interesting is off the field, he's just a unique character. He has an alter ego that has kind of grown into this beast. He refers to himself as The Kraken. I asked him one day about it ... is this your character? How did this Kraken character come to be? He said some guy on Twitter gave him the nickname and he liked it, so he ran with it. It's become one of these things where he's almost losing touch with who Greg Hardy is at times. And The Kraken has taken over a little bit.

Read the rest here.... http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...-for-opponents-but-sometimes-unmanageable.ece

Does Ben have a degree in psychiatry? I'm sure plenty of NFL players think that they are 'gods' off the field, that they are not in touch with who they actually are in real life off the field. Who cares?

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
From the piece posted by BrAinPainNt:

Describe unmanageable

Ben Hartsock: There are times where he would just ... frustrated with something that had happened. There were a couple of times where he was late for some meetings and things and guys would try to pull him to the side and talk some sense into him and you could just see that there was a bull-headedness to it.

Seriously, Ben? That's all you got? That's the basis upon which you describe Hardy as "unmanageable" at times? Sounds like you're trying to create an issue where there isn't one

khiladi

Reaction score
First I'm hoping Dallas locks this guy up for at least 5 years. But I have a bunch of haters emailing me stuff like below.

"
I read the police report…that guy is worse then Ray Rice.

On June 15, 2014, Hardy was convicted of assaulting his partner Nicole Holder. According to Holder, “On May 13, 2014, Greg Hardy attacked me in his apartment. Hardy picked me up and threw me into the tile tub area in his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including my head, neck, back, shoulders arms, legs, elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He draged me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns. I landed on those weapons. Hardy bragged that all of those assault rifles were loaded. Landing on those weapons bruised [my] neck and back. Hardy screamed for his “administrative assistant” (Sammy Curtis) to come into the room and hold me down. Curtis came into the room, grabbed me from behind and held me down. Hardy and Curtis then took me into the living room area. I wasn’t nearly strong or fast enough to escape. I begged them to let me go & I wouldn’t tell anyone what he did. They took me out into the hall, pushed me down & went back inside his apartment. I crawled to the elevator and ran into CMPD (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department) Hardy exercised his right under North Carolina law to appeal the conviction. After playing Week 1, Hardy was deactivated Week 2 against the Detroit Lions. On September 17, 2014 Hardy agreed to be placed on the exempt list. He continued to draw a salary of $13.1 million in spite of being ineligible to play in NFL games or practice with the Panthers. The charges against Hardy were dismissed on February 9, 2015 after the accuser failed to show for court."

just wanted to see how everyone felt. Again I'm for the signing

Notice the phrase "According to Nicole Holder".....

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Sounds like Martellus Bennett to me. Some guys grow up, some don't. Having a structure and good role models.helps. Dallas is full of them.

Thought abt Marty B too as I was reading the article.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does Ben have a degree in psychiatry? I'm sure plenty of NFL players think that they are 'gods' off the field, that they are not in touch with who they actually are in real life off the field. Who cares?

Not saying that you are saying He is one but...

If Ben is a hater...does that mean you are hating a hater?

deep-thoughts.png

USMarineVet

Reaction score
The Bucs have already purged us of Melton, Moore, and Carter. Has to be the Lovie and Marinelli connection. Why would he spend the day in Dallas, be wined and dined, stay overnight, not even visit Tampa, and then sign with the Bucs. This screams an agent tactic by Rosenhaus trying to squeeze more money out of Jerry and Stephen Jones.

My thoughts exactly!

LittleD

Reaction score
Obviously something bad happened here. I know it's a she said...he said situation but since money
bought silence, no one knows what really happened... I get that. I know many on this board could
care less if he committed felonies if he's good at football. We see it all the time in college football
where Football Gods who commit rape, burglary, etc. get a pass because of who they are. I
personally think it will be a giant mistake if the Cowboys sign him and I know full well I'm in the distinct
minority on this board. I'm hopeful, if she did go to the hospital that night, the records become
available to the NFL for examination. I don't care if this woman was coked up or not, no woman
needs to be touched in anger by a man. No way! No how!

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I don't think he is choosing between us and the Bucs. I think Rosenhaus is just using that as a negotiation tactic and putting a timeline on getting the deal done. That dude is here and is about to sign today.

Status
Not open for further replies.