Greg Hardy Day two, will he sign thread **Leave out Moral and legal issues**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Obviously something bad happened here. I know it's a she said...he said situation but since money
bought silence, no one knows what really happened... I get that. I know many on this board could
care less if he committed felonies if he's good at football. We see it all the time in college football
where Football Gods who commit rape, burglary, etc. get a pass because of who they are. I
personally think it will be a giant mistake if the Cowboys sign him and I know full well I'm in the distinct
minority on this board. I'm hopeful, if she did go to the hospital that night, the records become
available to the NFL for examination. I don't care if this woman was coked up or not, no woman
needs to be touched in anger by a man. No way! No how!

Hey i have been saying all along i would be shocked if JG let him in....everyone changes but reading that report above man not going to be pretty if he signs..

SoBlue128

Reaction score
His Tweet yesterday with a bleeding heart about letting a good guy like Murray walk while a bad guy Hardy gets chance after chance was a beaut.

Yeah saw that too lol. Also tweeted either yesterday or the day before a link to an article he wrote and why he doesn't want him here. I guess some don't belive in second chances

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given that I quoted Hartsock and called him out on what he said, I'm quite certain I understand. Btw, it was a single former teammate. And his basis for calling Hardy "unmanageable" at times is a joke. Though I don't doubt it will resonate with some (like you? or JJT?) who want to dislike Hardy.

I don't see where he (TD3 not JJT) is hating on Hardy.

I think the player is not being over the top in describing Hardy as sometimes being unmanageable when you have a player that misses meetings or is bull headed when coaches or others pull him aside and try to explain things to him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Greg Hardy mulls Cowboys, Bucs
Updated: March 18, 2015, 9:13 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

Greg Hardy To Cowboys?
Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith discuss the report that former Panthers DE Greg Hardy will visit the Cowboys.
Tags: NFL, Greg Hardy, Dallas Cowboys

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12500801

Former Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy, who is undergoing a physical this morning in Dallas, is expected to choose Wednesday between the Cowboys and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, agent Drew Rosenhaus told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Hardy and the Cowboys have been engaged in ongoing negotiations, and the player stayed overnight in Dallas before the scheduled physical.

More from ESPN.com
archer_todd_m.jpg
The Dallas Cowboys' pursuit of Greg Hardy is about price more than right-guy motto, and Jerry Jones has taken chances before, Todd Archer writes. Story

Hardy, 26, was a 2013 Pro Bowl selection after leading Carolina with 15 sacks, tying a team single-season record.

Carolina placed the franchise tag on Hardy in February 2014, guaranteeing him $13.1 million for the season. On May 13, he was arrested and charged with assaulting and threatening to kill ex-girlfriend Nicole Holder.

A Mecklenburg (North Carolina) County judge found Hardy guilty on July 15. The verdict was set aside when Hardy requested a jury trial.

All charges were dropped on Feb. 9 because Holder refused to cooperate with the district attorney's office after receiving a financial settlement from Hardy.

Hardy was placed on the inactive list before the second game this past season and the commissioner's exempt list before the third game until his domestic violence case was resolved.

While the charges were dropped, Hardy remains on the exempt list as the NFL conducts its own investigation into whether he violated the league's personal conduct code. He is eligible to sign with a team while he's on the exempt list.

The Panthers drafted the former Ole Miss standout in the sixth round of the 2010 draft. Hardy started 39 games between 2011 and 2013. He has 34 career sacks.

ESPN.com Panthers reporter David Newton contributed to this report.

NEXT VIDEO
video2.png

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...allas-cowboys-tampa-bay-buccaneers-agent-says

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJT deserves to be ridiculed for many things.

However...I think it is a valid point or question he brings up.

If he's allowed to participate in offseason activities and training camp, I don't.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I know we are going to sign him. In my head I'm moving on to how long will he be suspended for? Media says 4-6 games. I'm hoping it will be closer to 4 or less.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score

I don't. Among other things it assumes a longer suspension than is likely given the current lay of the land. After the Peterson fiasco we know that The Commish is going to have trouble (unless he gets help from the 8th Circuit court of appeal) applying the new DV policy to incidents that occurred while the old DV policy was in effect.

Beyond that, if it takes Hardy a few games to shake the rust off, so be it. He'll be ready for the stretch run and the playoffs. (Not to mention all of 2016 when we'll be chasing a repeat championship. :thumbup:)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah saw that too lol. Also tweeted either yesterday or the day before a link to an article he wrote and why he doesn't want him here. I guess some don't belive in second chances

Too bad he ignores all of the reports about how nobody wants him here...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

I think the player is not being over the top in describing Hardy as sometimes being unmanageable when you have a player that misses meetings or is bull headed when coaches or others pull him aside and try to explain things to him.

This may be Hartsock's perception, but he is the first teammate I have heard make this kind of complaint. Perhaps Hardy just did not want to be managed by him.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I know we are going to sign him. In my head I'm moving on to how long will he be suspended for? Media says 4-6 games. I'm hoping it will be closer to 4 or less.

you DO know he is not subject to the new policy right?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Bucs don't even have a schedule visit with Hardy yet.

Choosing between the Cowboys and Bucs? He's visited one team. So, unless he was staying in Dallas while talking to the Bucs at the same time; Bucs are no in play.

I hate ****** reporting.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score

It reads to me like Hartsock is groping when asked to describe "unmanageable".

If you don't see where JJT is hating on Hardy, you've obviously missed a few tweets. As for TD3, he conveniently pluralizes "teammate". Maybe that's accidental. Maybe not. Either way, it's inaccurate, in a way that tends to cast aspersions upon Hardy.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

i think to a degree it's valid also. it would mean a lot more and have much more impact if he didn't cry wolf at every chance he could just to giggle like a little school girl that he showed up jones again.

that's simply how he comes across to me. screw the news, stick it to jones.

there are very few "journalists" i have less respect for than him.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
FYI, it has also been reported that prior to the assault, Hardy called 911 and reported his GF going crazy, physically attacking him, and refusing to leave the premesis. This is still no excuse for Hardy's actions, but crazy is as crazy does.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Bucs don't even have a schedule visit with Hardy yet.

Choosing between the Cowboys and Bucs? He's visited one team. So, unless he was staying in Dallas while talking to the Bucs at the same time; Bucs are no in play.

I hate ****ty reporting.

I lay odds that Rosenhaus has been throwing that and the supposed interest from Seattle out there to try to drive up price (interest as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.