Gregory 10 game Suspension under appeal; 4 game suspension confirmed

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He's got some tools which is why we took the chance on him but let's be honest he's not going to be with the team very long. It's only a matter of time before he tests positive a 3rd time. If he doesn't play well he'll be gone before he ever gets the chance to test positive a 3rd time. I doubt he'll be very effective when he comes back because he's missed too many games and has had too much going on outside of football plus he has little talent around him. Our DL looks about as weak as I can ever remember it. A young player like Gregory needs some help around them and with most eyes on him it's not going to be easy for him.

Yet again you show your character by always being negative. Regardless of if it turns out true or not.

perrykemp

Reaction score
No.

The NFL never announced a 10 game suspension, there was just rampant speculation about it following reports Randy Gregory failed another test.

Gregory evidently missed a test when he left the treatment center for a weekend, missing a test can count the same as failing a test, but not absolutely. If it appeared Gregory was avoiding being tested, that would be bad, but a valid excuse and/or appearing to do well in the treatment center could go in Randy's favor.

The Medical Director is given a lot of leeway in these cases.

Rehab where they let you out for the weekend? Sounds like a prescription for trouble.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yet again you show your character by always being negative. Regardless of if it turns out true or not.

Yet again you show your character by always complaining. Now get back to the Rant Forum!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

CWR

Reaction score
The amount of rehab he does is dependent on his suspension? That's crazy. One should have nothing to do with the other.

I think it is because he didnt fail another test after the 4 game suspension, he missed the next test due to being in rehab? I wonder how close together they will test though and cant remember the time line but THC stays in your system somewhere around 6 weeks.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
maybe when reporters going back to being journalist and checking there facts you wont have misinformation like this so pretty much not going to be any help really this year like our second round middle line backer

TheHerd

Reaction score
I would like to state for the record...that Mary Jane use does not constitute 'demons'....

It has never been implicated in causing one violent crime and has many health benefits.

Now....it does constitute 'stupidity' to keep doing it when your dictatorial company you work for restricts it's use but not pain meds.....which are addictive and kill thousands each year..
10000 likes. I could expound my reason, but 10000 likes.

Reactions: Ken

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The OP puts this up and gets 31 likes, then circles back and adds "unconfirmed". I LOVE it, sheer genius.

I'm gonna start one "Tom Landry resurrected to coach Dallas Cowboys; Jerry Jones exchanges places with him".

perrykemp

Reaction score
The OP puts this up and gets 31 likes, then circles back and adds "unconfirmed". I LOVE it, sheer genius.

I'm gonna start one "Tom Landry resurrected to coach Dallas Cowboys; Jerry Jones exchanges places with him".

Are there people here who pay much attention "Likes"?

I know I don't. Is there a reason to?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
He's got some tools which is why we took the chance on him but let's be honest he's not going to be with the team very long. It's only a matter of time before he tests positive a 3rd time. If he doesn't play well he'll be gone before he ever gets the chance to test positive a 3rd time. I doubt he'll be very effective when he comes back because he's missed too many games and has had too much going on outside of football plus he has little talent around him. Our DL looks about as weak as I can ever remember it. A young player like Gregory needs some help around them and with most eyes on him it's not going to be easy for him.
even if he only gets 4 games, what are the odds that he is in shape? or that he wont suffer some type of soft tissue injury like a hammy or groin? i agree with your overall analysis.

Maxmadden

Reaction score

Just like that Von Miller guy.

chagus

Reaction score
...and yes. FINALLY, SOME GOOD NEWS! Jeez. What a preseason.