Gregory 10 game Suspension under appeal; 4 game suspension confirmed

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The OP puts this up and gets 31 likes, then circles back and adds "unconfirmed". I LOVE it, sheer genius.

I'm gonna start one "Tom Landry resurrected to coach Dallas Cowboys; Jerry Jones exchanges places with him".
It wasn't the OPs fault. He posted a FWST report by Clarence Hill that many other members of the media also took as gospel.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Von Miller didn't have the drug concerns Gregory's had which is why Miller was a top 5 pick. Gregory has exceeded all the concerns everyone had about him.
He violated the drug policy.

Garrettop

Reaction score
1. That's not the way it works.

2. The OP posted the original Star Telegram headline which they edited later which prompted the change of headline of this thread.

Yeah I'm really irritated about the whole thing now. I thought Clarence Hill was a lot more trustworthy than that. Unfortunately I can't edit and/or delete my post.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
You just can't write guys off because they violated the drug policy. There are numerous examples of guys that got suspended and had a successful career.

I don't have much more faith than you do but to completely write the guy off, is a shortcoming on you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You just can't write guys off because they violated the drug policy. There are numerous examples of guys that got suspended and had a successful career.

I don't have much more faith than you do but to completely write the guy off, is a shortcoming on you.

You start writing them off when they repeatedly violate the drug policy. You're acting like Gregory made one mistake. You would have thought after he fell in the draft due to a positive test at the combine he would've learned his lesson but no!

irishline

Reaction score
Miller violated it once! Why some try and compare Gregory and Miller is beyond me.

Von Miller is currently in stage 3 of the leagues substance abuse policy. You do not get to stage three for 1 violation. His next failed test is 1 year off (same ironically as Gregory).

(Please note I am not making any comparison between the two players just where they are in the substance abuse program)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-suspended-six-games-for-nfl-policy-violation

"Rapoport later added that Miller now is in Stage 3 of the league's program and policy for substances of abuse and his next violation carries a minimum one-year suspension, according to a person informed of the player's situation. Per the policy, Miller will stay in Stage 3 for the rest of his career."...

"NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Monday, according to two sources, that a diluted sample caused Miller's most recent violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Gregory doesn't play well this season he's not going to be worth the headache much longer. He better come up with some sacks and pressures or this year might be it for him in Dallas.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Von Miller is currently in stage 3 of the leagues substance abuse policy. You do not get to stage three for 1 violation. His next failed test is 1 year off (same ironically as Gregory).

(Please note I am not making any comparison between the two players just where they are in the substance abuse program)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-suspended-six-games-for-nfl-policy-violation

"Rapoport later added that Miller now is in Stage 3 of the league's program and policy for substances of abuse and his next violation carries a minimum one-year suspension, according to a person informed of the player's situation. Per the policy, Miller will stay in Stage 3 for the rest of his career."...

"NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Monday, according to two sources, that a diluted sample caused Miller's most recent violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy."

I only recall the one positive test with Miller. His draft stock certainly wasn't affected by any drug issues because he was a top 5 pick. Since Gregory was drafted he's tested positive twice. He had drug concerns in college and it's carried over to the NFL. He's on a fast track out of the league. He did virtually nothing his rookie year so the pressure is on for him to perform this year or it could be adios. If a player wants a team to put up with some of their issues they better show they can play! The only reason Josh Gordon keeps getting chances is because he's a very productive player.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
even if he only gets 4 games, what are the odds that he is in shape? or that he wont suffer some type of soft tissue injury like a hammy or groin? i agree with your overall analysis.

He won't be in game shape and if he does come down with an injury that nags him like last season causing another season to go down the drain for him he probably won't be back. With the headache he's given the team he's going to have to show he's a player and soon!

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Goodell says not so fast Cowboys' fans

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The lad does not know how to handle adversity. He, like millions of other Americans has to resort to outside stimulant to make it through difficult periods.

That's his "demon".

And millions have it.
Teach the US how to go without these "Demons" legally. It's part of our history/culture; we like something to take the edge off. Funny how we learned our lesson after prohibition, only to make a harmless substance like marijuana "stigmatized; demons" and causing violence/incarceration in the process for users/distributors via the underground market created to protect law enforcement/county jails/prisons/DEA budgets. Time to end the farce.
LA-Gangsters-prohibition_credits_drinkingcupnet.jpg

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I'm really irritated about the whole thing now. I thought Clarence Hill was a lot more trustworthy than that. Unfortunately I can't edit and/or delete my post.
Not a problem, this kind of thing happens. At least now we can rule out Hill as the "reliable source".....he was neither on this one.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teach the US how to go without these "Demons" legally. It's part of our history/culture; we like something to take the edge off. Funny how we learned our lesson after prohibition, only to make a harmless substance like marijuana "stigmatized; demons" and causing violence/incarceration in the process for users/distributors via the underground market created to protect law enforcement/county jails/prisons/DEA budgets. Time to end the farce.
LA-Gangsters-prohibition_credits_drinkingcupnet.jpg
I smoked Lucky Strike's when I was younger and am glad I lived to be older. I also had one of those "Tommy Guns" when I was a kid and not a pretend one, when we played cops n robbers, I always won no matter which side I was on. I would have had a crime empire if I hadn't had to go to school.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are there people here who pay much attention "Likes"?

I know I don't. Is there a reason to?
Yes, because the person that gets the most "likes" gets an award at the end of the season, like the Miss Congeniality award for the girl that knows that's the only award she's going to get because her talent is playing air accordion, she's got a flat butt for the swimsuit competition and looks like miner trapped for 2 weeks in an evening gown. But, she is "liked".

It is important to cherish and gather these "likes" and hold them dear to us because someday that's all we're going to have left.

Last edited: