Gunman kills 12, injures 59 during screening of Batman movie in Aurora, CO

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
The story of the young lady from SA is heartbreaking. And the gentleman waving his son's pic to cameras looking for him only to find out he was murdered. Gosh these stories are breaking my heart.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bounce;4627877 said:
Jessica was an acquaintance of mine. Totally surreal. Especially after the Canada situation.
Very sorry to hear this tragedy touched you man. If you know her family please extend the condolences of the entire forum.

bounce

Reaction score

Hoofbite

Reaction score
jobberone;4627839 said:
Physicians will examine him for competency and that will determine his ability to stand trial.

Hard case to make considering the entire thought process.

As horrible as it all was, he executed his plan to an extent that a truly incompetent person would not have been able to.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Sarge;4627712 said:
Exactly - it essentially already happpened right down the road (Columbine) a few years ago. There have been multiple other school shootings etc. since.

It's not fun to admit, this shooting is not as inordinary as it might have been 20 years ago.

Columbine happened when I was in middle school, which was in 1999. It really does seem like it was just a few years ago but its been a long time. Crazy how some things get embedded in your mind.

kristie

Reaction score
a tweet from demarco murray:

DeMarco Murray ‏@DeMarcoMurray
Prayers with all involved in the Aurora, Colorado shooting.. Can't be safe in a movie theater where can we?..

if this has already been posted, i apologize.

johnny utah

I heard some young lady that survived the mall shooting in Toronto a few weeks ago was one of the casualties in todays shooting. That blows my mind how could a person have a shooting like this happen to them twice in a matter of weeks? I guess all you can do is let your loved ones know how much they mean to you everyday.

KoRnyBrad

I am the Bat!
Reaction score
So sad that what was supposed to be a happy event had to turn into a tragic one lead by a coward. My prayers and thoughts go out to the friends and families affected.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Mash;4628071 said:
Man.....Im crying here.....my prayers are with them all......so sad....

Me too....what a tragedy! I was planning on going tomorrow night and I know that most likely nothing will happen but I don't think the anxiety I am having now will help by going to a movie theatre that's playing Batman.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Wait, so the gunmen DIDN'T kill himself? I thought that was the standard protocol in these types of situations.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/bomb-squads-disarm-traps-colo-suspects-apt-182603411.html

AURORA, Colo. (AP) — Authorities on Saturday began disarming trip wires and explosive devices "set up to kill" inside the apartment of the suspect in the deadly Colorado movie theater shooting, hoping to find clues to his motive without destroying key evidence in a blast.

Federal authorities detonated one small explosive and disarmed another inside James Holmes' suburban Denver apartment, but several other explosive devices remained, said Aurora police Sgt. Cassidee Carlson.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
DallasEast;4628244 said:
Sounds like he was disturbed. The question is whether it was natural or alcohol-induced.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was a tainted batch of 'shine.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Witness: Someone let gunman inside Colorado movie theater

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/25...one-let-gunman-inside-Colorado-movie-theater-

"As I was sitting down to get my seat, I noticed that a person came up to the front row, the front right, sat down, and as credits were going, it looked like he got a phone call. He went out toward the emergency exit doorway, which I thought was unusual to take a phone call. And it seemed like he probably pried it open, or probably did not let it latch all the way. As soon as the movie started, somebody came in, all black, gas mask, armor, and threw a gas can into the audience, and it went off, and then there were gunshots that took place."