Gunman kills 12, injures 59 during screening of Batman movie in Aurora, CO

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Update:

At arrest, suspect has his hair painted red and refered to himself as the 'Joker'

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Link to article

The above seems to be one of the larger articles I have read so far on this topic for those that might want to read a little more.

RS12

Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4627205 said:
Update:

At arrest, suspect has his hair painted red and refered to himself as the 'Joker'

Hopefully the "Joker" ends up a room mate the size of an O Lineman who has a thing for red heads.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
If you want to get information from respectable media, I'm following 9news.com, the local news in CO. This sickens me to the core. I had planned to do so much today, but Im just transfixed by this horrific situation.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4627205 said:
Update:

I had a feeling something like this was going to come out. After hearing about the booby trapped room he is clearly living in some sort of fantasy world.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Bigger photo of the jacka** with sick smile on his face.

AyQox8pCQAEbg-2.jpg

superpunk

Reaction score
I'm loving all the gun-toting internet heroes who would have risked it all to drop this guy. :rolleyes:

There's a reason why you NEVER hear of that happening in these situations. And it's not because the people in those situations don't have the stones to go vigilante on a crazed gunman in a movie theater. I mean good lord the pentagon is saying there were military members in there and among the victims. Get over yourselves.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4627200 said:
It's an old photo. It isn't a mugshot.

***It's actually a school photo.

Oh thought it was his mugshot. Still a sick man to do something like this. He had this planned for a while so a bunch of first degree murder counts coming his way.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
As difficult as it not to be affected by an event like this, keep in mind that violent crime in this country has been on the decline for the past 20 years.

This alone doesn't change that.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4627076 said:
Just because someone lawfully has a gun it does not make them a hero when stuff goes down. Nor does talking about it on a internet message board make one a 100% guarantee to shoot the bad guy in a real world situation like this incident.
No kidding. I'll never understand the thinking that I better carry a weapon with me in case the 1 in 10,000 (100,000?) chance that a psycho starts shooting people actually happens. You probably literally have a better chance of being struck by lightning than ever finding youself in that situation.

Seems more like macho talk than anything, but some people like to be bad-a's.

And I've been in Colorado a lot, and many people there carry. Guess the patrons in that particular theater weren't as studly as some posters here, though.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4627102 said:
Update.

Suspect identified as James Holmes, 24, white. Recently dropped out of med school. Report about booby traps in his aparment have been confrimed--could takes days to disarm and search. Death toll updated to 13.

He was not in medical school. He was a PhD candidate in the field of Neuroscience at CU

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4627256 said:
No kidding. I'll never understand the thinking that I better carry a weapon with me in case the 1 in 10,000 (100,000?) chance that a psycho starts shooting people actually happens. You probably literally have a better chance of being struck by lightning than ever finding youself in that situation.

Seems more like macho talk than anything, but to each his own.
In a movie theater full of fleeing people and tear gas, vs. an opponent with armor and automatic weapons, you also probably have a better chance of shooting other fleeing move-goers with your little pistol than the actual gunman.

Or maybe everyone who has practices at the local shooting range once a month turns into James freaking Bond when it hits the fan. :rolleyes:

Lodeus

Reaction score
A trend on twitter is '#theatershooting'. Does that bother anyone else? Ridiculous....

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
My only contribution to this thread will be to focus my thoughts on the victims and their families. There are so many unanswered questions about the the shooter and circumstances that preceded the event. I'm just grateful more people didn't die.

ologan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4627038 said:
You guys need to stop the pro/anti gun talk and you also need to drop the personal insults and name calling.

It is not wanted or needed here.

No more warnings in this thread.
Thanks,Brain. This was starting to spiral out of control!

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4627249 said:
Oh thought it was his mugshot. Still a sick man to do something like this. He had this planned for a while so a bunch of first degree murder counts coming his way.

There's no doubt about that. I just wanted people to know that it was a school photo. He's a sick sick person who in my opinion deserves to be stoned to death by everyone who was in that theatre.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
I don't know much about guns and bullets. I've heard numerous times in his apartment there are buckets full of ammo. If there were to be a fire, would those bullets go off or does there need to be a tap on the back?