Gunman kills 12, injures 59 during screening of Batman movie in Aurora, CO

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
a_minimalist;4627312 said:
I don't know much about guns and bullets. I've heard numerous times in his apartment there are buckets full of ammo. If there were to be a fire, would those bullets go off or does there need to be a tap on the back?
I think there is a chance a few could go off, but most would just melt if I recall.

burmafrd

Reaction score
superpunk;4627266 said:
In a movie theater full of fleeing people and tear gas, vs. an opponent with armor and automatic weapons, you also probably have a better chance of shooting other fleeing move-goers with your little pistol than the actual gunman.

Or maybe everyone who has practices at the local shooting range once a month turns into James freaking Bond when it hits the fan. :rolleyes:

great excuse to do nothing.

And that is all it is.

By the way there have been incidents where people at the sight of a shooting have taken action. You just do not hear about it because it is not in the media's interest; they have an agenda.

burmafrd

Reaction score
dexternjack;4627318 said:
I think there is a chance a few could go off, but most would just melt if I recall.

they would go off but it would be like large firecrackers going off. It is called cooking off and what you would hear would be the propellent in the cartridges cooking off.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4626914 said:
Just heard on the radio he shot for 20 minutes.

No death is good enough justice for this guy.
What I don't get is how that is even possible. 20 minutes!

Sounds bad, but a very, very, very slow death for this dude would be too kind. This is where I have a very hard time with forgiveness. The crime was just too evil.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
burmafrd;4627324 said:
they would go off but it would be like large firecrackers going off. It is called cooking off and what you would hear would be the propellent in the cartridges cooking off.
Yea, I meant the lead inside would not go flying through the air like it was shot, just noises and melting.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
I wonder if a story will come out about someone who was in the movie theatre was also in columbine during that shooting. That would be horrible but the school is only 15 miles away.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
This is just mind numbing sad on every level. He shot 71 people! I just cannot understand why some are so crazy evil like that. He killed a 6 year old baby! This is so horrific..

superpunk

Reaction score
burmafrd;4627322 said:
great excuse to do nothing.

And that is all it is.

It's realistic. Sorry I don't see random gun-toting yahoos to be the immaculate incarnation of John Wayne, Josey Wales and James Bond here.

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4627336 said:
This is just mind numbing sad on every level. He shot 71 people! I just cannot understand why some are so crazy evil like that. He killed a 6 year old baby! This is so horrific..

71 I thought it was 64? Was there more victims?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4627295 said:
There's no doubt about that. I just wanted people to know that it was a school photo. He's a sick sick person who in my opinion deserves to be stoned to death by everyone who was in that theatre.

I feel bad for anyone who was there who got killed, was injuried, or was affected by this. No one goes to the movies thinking that they're going to get shot.

That's why everyone thought it was a part of the show at first. Before this happened no one is going to think that a psycho will come in and shot the theater up. He waited until the batman movie screening knowing that a lot of people would be there. It's like he wanted to kill as many as he could.

Don't understand why people can do something like this.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys&LakersFan;4627351 said:

Might be some more time before we get the true number.

I have heard different numbers for people being shot...so who knows at this point.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The countdown begins as to when TSA will set up at movie theaters now

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboy_ron;4627367 said:
The countdown begins as to when TSA will set up at movie theaters now

It will probably mess with something else.

Remember when the Janet Jackson superbowl thing happened...after that it seemed like they cracked down on radio shows more than stuff on TV. Always thought that was weird.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DFWJC;4627325 said:
What I don't get is how that is even possible. 20 minutes!

Sounds bad, but a very, very, very slow death for this dude would be too kind. This is where I have a very hard time with forgiveness. The crime was just too evil.

I don't think that information is correct. I read that it lasted about 2 mintues and occurred about 20 minutes into the film.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
burmafrd;4627324 said:

The cases would end up being the projectile while the heavier bullet more or less stayed put.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4627369 said:
It will probably mess with something else.

Remember when the Janet Jackson superbowl thing happened...after that it seemed like they cracked down on radio shows more than stuff on TV. Always thought that was weird.
That's true

DFWJC

Reaction score
joseephuss;4627378 said:
I don't think that information is correct. I read that it lasted about 2 mintues and occurred about 20 minutes into the film.
Makes much more sense.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4627351 said:

The police chief said they had 71 people wounded. They still had the bodies of 10 people inside the actual theatre & they are attempting to identify all of them.