Hardest Hitters in Cowboys History

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
That year or two with Pre-Beyonce Roy and healthy Darren Woodson was awesome to watch. You could literally see the fear in receivers in that open field. Helped smooth the wounds from all the losses. At least I could see some head hunting.

lopey

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Yes Manster was s beast

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
in your opinion who was the hardest hitters in Cowboys History?
Woody?Roy? Bates?
If you go all the way back to the beginning, (at least in my memory) here are the hardest hitters in Cowboys history:
  • Lee Roy Jordan, LB- in the ROH, 60s-70s
  • Chuck Howley, LB- HOF, ROH, 60s-70s
  • Cornel Green- S, CB, 60s-70s
  • Cliff “Crash” Harris- S- ROH, HOF, 70s
  • Randy White- DT- HOF, ROH 70s-80s
  • Dennis Thurman- CB, S, 80s
  • Michael Downs- S, 80s
  • Bill Bates- S, 80-90s
  • Darren Woodsen- S- ROH, 90-2000s
  • Roy Williams- S, 2000s
With the rules changes of the last 10-15 years, it’s hard for the guys in this era to be in this group.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Would I love for you to be a WR right now coming across the middle against #28 or #31, I'd be the happiest coog in america!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What exactly did I do to you????

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree with Roy Williams. And to clarify for a few posters, Roy did not date Beyonce. He dated another singer (Kelly Rowland) from the group Destiny's Child, in which Beyonce was the lead singer. OK...now back to your regularly scheduled programming. LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
Roy until that Beyoncé chick ruined him
you mean the game roomed him they just took away the aggressiveness that's all he had was he was a downhill linebacker that can knock your teeth out and if you went over the middle he was gonna make you pay they took that away that was his game he wasn't a finesse guy he wasn't a student of the game he wasn't a good coverage guy but if you came in his area he was he was rattling your brain.... It was a sign that the NFL was taking that away or I think he would have stayed here and been a lot better than he's getting credit for I mean I hated the guy coming out of college I'm a Longhorns fan the dude single handedly ruined a lot of our games.... Like I said not a student of the game type linebacker like Sean Lee or some of the smarter ones but that dude was a straight up football player and I'm voting him I don't remember a lot of other guys but from memory he's the hardest hitter and mean and he did it intentionally..

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
If you go all the way back to the beginning, (at least in my memory) here are the hardest hitters in Cowboys history:
  • Lee Roy Jordan, LB- in the ROH, 60s-70s
  • Chuck Howley, LB- HOF, ROH, 60s-70s
  • Cornel Green- S, CB, 60s-70s
  • Cliff “Crash” Harris- S- ROH, HOF, 70s
  • Randy White- DT- HOF, ROH 70s-80s
  • Dennis Thurman- CB, S, 80s
  • Michael Downs- S, 80s
  • Bill Bates- S, 80-90s
  • Darren Woodsen- S- ROH, 90-2000s
  • Roy Williams- S, 2000s
With the rules changes of the last 10-15 years, it’s hard for the guys in this era to be in this group.
Thank you for the info
I never had the chance to see the early Cowboys..back in the 80's living in the west cost I was only exposed to the hitters of that time Kenny Easley ,Ronnie Lott, and Steve Atwater.