Hardy insists he's innocent until proven guilty

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Sure-- I could type in a bunch of stuff into the internet to try and find this content you keep referencing-- but, then-- how do I know which articles are the ones YOU are using to form YOUR opinions?

Look-- in the interest of time, please state your answer to my questions (for the 3rd time lol): Do you believe she is making all this up? Do you believe Greg Hardy did NOT physically assault Nicole Holder? What is your position?

I think there is reason to doubt the credibility of her story. Especially since her story wasnt consistent. So based on her lack of credibility Im not inclined to automatically assume Hardy assaulted her. Its possible he did, but the evidence doesnt support it from an objective view point. He wasnt the only person involved in trying to restrain her.

To sum it up, I think she is full of it most likely.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I will start off by saying, i dont condone domestic violence in any capacity. And following the story thru the media is a very big problem. IF you had read any of the documents, or even just read the story from Holder herself you would see holes all over it, holes bigger then our offensive line was opening for Murray last year (sorry i thought that was a good analagy). Its amazing how many people forget about Holder and how this is not her first rodeo doing something like this. Ever see the movie Gone Girl? Its amazing what some women are willing to do to get what they want. Thats all i will say. I have my own opinion on this matter and its probably not well liked or received. Again i will say, after seeing the photos, im still not convinced that was done by a man of Hardys size. I have dated girls that had worse bruising after a game of soccer, never mind being "thrown around and choked" by a man who walks around at almost 300 lbs. Im done with talking about this, personally i dont think he did it, maybe my Canadian mind is telling me to believe in him, maybe im just an idiot, either way, its my opinion and im entitled to it.

Holder is not a class act herself, for sure-- but a judge found Hardy guilty after looking at even more evidence than you were able to examine. In order for your opinion to be valid-- you'd have to be willing to go out on a limb and say the judge purposefully and wrongfully mishandled the case.

I'm simply not willing to buy into that level of a conspiracy-- especially with no evidence presented.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Holder is not a class act herself, for sure-- but a judge found Hardy guilty after looking at even more evidence than you were able to examine. In order for your opinion to be valid-- you'd have to be willing to go out on a limb and say the judge purposefully and wrongfully mishandled the case.

I'm simply not willing to buy into that level of a conspiracy-- especially with no evidence presented.

Guilty of a misdemeanor with all that extra evidence . . . . . and only put on probation.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I think there is reason to doubt the credibility of her story. Especially since her story wasnt consistent. So based on her lack of credibility Im not inclined to automatically assume Hardy assaulted her. Its possible he did, but the evidence doesnt support it from an objective view point. He wasnt the only person involved in trying to restrain her.

To sum it up, I think she is full of it most likely.

Thank you for stating your opinion... What do you think about the judge who looked at the evidence and found him guilty?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Thank you for stating your opinion... What do you think about the judge who looked at the evidence and found him guilty?

Am i the only one who remembers the Kobe Bryant rape case? How did that turn out? She got a nice settlement and told everyone she was full of it. Go figure.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Guilty of a misdemeanor with all that extra evidence . . . . . and only put on probation.

18 months probation and a suspended 60 day jail sentence.

"The judge didn't buy Hardy's testimony that he was the one abused by the accuser and that he had asked her to leave his downtown apartment during a domestic dispute on May 13.After nearly 11 hours of hearing testimony, Thorn-Tin told a somber Hardy that "the court is entirely convinced Hardy is guilty of assault on a female and communicating threats."

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

Let me say this, my father n law is a judge so Im not against judges. This woman judge that "convicted" Hardy has a history related to DV. She is sympathetic to the victims. In her past she went some what easy on an "abuser" and a week later he killed his SO. Im sure all of those things played a part in her decision. And still she only charged him with a misdemeanor. And then the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. The "payoff" we keep hearing about is only speculation. If that DA had enough he would have proceeded anyway. What he had was a "victim" that lacked credibility and consistent testimony.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
18 months probation and a suspended 60 day jail sentence.

"The judge didn't buy Hardy's testimony that he was the one abused by the accuser and that he had asked her to leave his downtown apartment during a domestic dispute on May 13.After nearly 11 hours of hearing testimony, Thorn-Tin told a somber Hardy that "the court is entirely convinced Hardy is guilty of assault on a female and communicating threats."

You dont think a judge can ever be wrong?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Let me say this, my father n law is a judge so Im not against judges. This woman judge that "convicted" Hardy has a history related to DV. She is sympathetic to the victims. In her past she went some what easy on an "abuser" and a week later he killed his SO. Im sure all of those things played a part in her decision. And still she only charged him with a misdemeanor. And then the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. The "payoff" we keep hearing about is only speculation. If that DA had enough he would have proceeded anyway. What he had was a "victim" that lacked credibility and consistent testimony.

That's a LOT of speculation on your part about a judge. Zero evidence.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Yet its a consideration and a factor when considered with all the other evidence and lack of credibility on Holder's part.

I don't see it as a factor. Again, I'm 6'1 185 and if I just do anything physical to a woman who is smaller it will hurt her. In fact if he was throwing her around and grabbing her vs punching her, the story fits the bruises. Also, her credibility doesn't concern me. Hookers get beat up. Good women who are drunk get beat up. There are abused spouses that lie to their employers, friends, families, etc daily about bruises, etc because they are scared and think "maybe it will get better." In my book, hurting a women doesn't have a justification. I guess the 0.0001 justification is a shotgun in your face. She isn't the sharpest tool and does seem to be a mess but to me that is separate from having bruises on your body inflicted by someone.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
You dont think a judge can ever be wrong?

Sure-- just need the evidence to prove it. Your opinion that she "may be wrong" doesn't qualify. She listened to 11 hours of testimony and was convinced. There is more circumstantial evidence about Hardy's payoff than there is about this judge having ulterior motives regarding this case...LOL

Look-- I get it. You want the Hardy move to work, and you're rooting for the guy. We're both fans of the Cowboys. We can agree to disagree. You think he's innocent-- and I think he did what a judge found him guilty of doing.

VACowboy

Reaction score
smh . . . .

You have researched and looked at ALL of the details right?

Nevermind, I already know the answer from your post

I've listened to the 911 call, read a transcript of the call and 911 conversations with two other witnesses. I've read summaries of the court proceedings and, now, seen the pictures. And when I consider it all objectively I conclude that there are two very different perceptions of what happened in the wee hours of that morning, and I'm not qualified to say which is the truth. My opinion is that the truth is probably somewhere in between, that miss Holder probably provoked things some and Hardy got violent. I can't honestly say that I look at the pictures provided to us by the media and say I know anymore than I did before I saw them. I think it's probably safe to say that she didn't bruise herself up, though.

Maybe she's a gold digger. Maybe she's not. Maybe he threw her in the tub and threatened to kill her, maybe he didn't. What I know is, when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys, I really don't care what happened. I just don't think the team needs this circus on top of everything else. Hardy may not be a bad guy, but he's not been contrite at all or smart about anything, and certainly not sensitive at all to the fact that what he says and does reflects on the team. I love great players on my team, but I have no patience for stupidity. I didn't want him on the team at the start of all this and I hope they don't resign him.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
That's a LOT of speculation on your part about a judge. Zero evidence.

There is no speculation on my part about the case being dismissed because it lacked evidence. So based on that, yea I think the judge could have gotten it wrong and in this case I think she did get it wrong.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I don't see it as a factor. Again, I'm 6'1 185 and if I just do anything physical to a woman who is smaller it will hurt her. In fact if he was throwing her around and grabbing her vs punching her, the story fits the bruises. Also, her credibility doesn't concern me. Hookers get beat up. Good women who are drunk get beat up. There are abused spouses that lie to their employers, friends, families, etc daily about bruises, etc because they are scared and think "maybe it will get better." In my book, hurting a women doesn't have a justification. I guess the 0.0001 justification is a shotgun in your face. She isn't the sharpest tool and does seem to be a mess but to me that is separate from having bruises on your body inflicted by someone.

A witness that lacks creibility is ALWAYS a factor.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
There is no speculation on my part about the case being dismissed because it lacked evidence. So based on that, yea I think the judge could have gotten it wrong and in this case I think she did get it wrong.

Case being dismissed? No. The prosecution decided to not go further with the case due to the fact Holder refused to cooperate. What dismissal are you referring to?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
A witness that lacks creibility is ALWAYS a factor.

To me personally it isn't a factor in abuse. In a court of law, yes. But, again, you always, when looking at domestic abuse, have to see all factors in court. Spouses and girlfriends are going to tell different stories due to the fact that they fear reprisal or more abuse. From all reports this was a relationship with extreme highs and extreme lows so it fits the pattern of a messed up relationship where there are blow out fights and apologies. And like all of them, where abuse happens, I'm sure the abuser feels sorry and the abused hopes it changes. So an angry statement is changed so as not to harm the person. The judge in this case took all of this, the witness in the other room that heard the scene, etc and made a judgement. But I don't want to rehash this all again because here we are. The guy is making dumb statements to incite and overall he got a second chance and is being a knucklehead about it.

On a side note, I don't think the amount of bruises she had..where they were...shows even a possibility of being self inflicted unless she could fling herself Fight Club style around a room.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Case being dismissed? No. The prosecution decided to not go further with the case due to the fact Holder refused to cooperate. What dismissal are you referring to?

Case was dismissed and now everything has been expunged from his record.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
To me personally it isn't a factor in abuse. In a court of law, yes. But, again, you always, when looking at domestic abuse, have to see all factors in court. Spouses and girlfriends are going to tell different stories due to the fact that they fear reprisal or more abuse. From all reports this was a relationship with extreme highs and extreme lows so it fits the pattern of a messed up relationship where there are blow out fights and apologies. And like all of them, where abuse happens, I'm sure the abuser feels sorry and the abused hopes it changes. So an angry statement is changed so as not to harm the person. The judge in this case took all of this, the witness in the other room that heard the scene, etc and made a judgement. But I don't want to rehash this all again because here we are. The guy is making dumb statements to incite and overall he got a second chance and is being a knucklehead about it.

Might not be a factor to you but it is regardless.