Hardy maybe drawing some interest

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Apparently you didn't see the photos of APs kid having marks around his private parts. A guy who has multiple kids from multiple women and basically sees his kids once in awhile.

This was a guy who was trying to force a trade after the incident, because he claimed the Vikings didn't defend him and go to Dallas.

And when rumors were going around that Dallas was interested in signing AP, after, nobody as 'lenient'. Hell, the media world went wild that Jerry and AP supposedly talked on phone a few years back and Dallas wanted to investigate for tampering.

I saw the photo's and again he was punishing his child and made a mistake. If you can't see the difference in what AP did and admitted to doing and what Hardy did and denied doing that's your problem. Who cares that AP has multiple kids from multiple women a lot of NFL players/athletes do. Have you ever heard of a team not wanting a player because of that. lol Your attempt to try and make Hardy look like a better person than AP is failing miserably. Although AP tried to force a trade the Vikings wouldn't trade him or cut him which wasn't the case with Hardy who got dumped. He's still looking for a team right now after blowing his opportunity with the Cowboys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You mean like not offering Revis a huge long-term contract? You mean the Patriots don't lock up players long term that would cost that lots of money? You mean not locking up Wilfork last season when he became a free agent. Hernandez had all sorts of TROUBLE signs when he was drafted. Many teams thought he wasn't worth the trouble. Pats and Bellichek knew it too. They signed Dante Stallworth, who killed somebody after he PARTIED and killed somebody.

The Pats have a trend of signing big-time players temporarily, but not handing out huge contracts come free agency long term.

Revis wasn't offered a huge contract by NE because he was pushing 30 and once they feel they've gotten what they want out of a player they move on. They've done it with several big name players who were getting up in years. Nothing wrong with not wanting to invest big money in a soon to be 30 year old corner who hasn't been as great a player as he was prior to his knee injury. As for Wilfork the Pats got 11 years out of him they weren't about to lock up a 33 year old NT. You continue to make this way too easy for me. As for Hernandez he had trouble signs coming out of college which is why he fell to the 4th round and the Pats knowing he was a great value pick in the 4th round took the chance. The Pats signed Hernandez to a 5 year contract extension in 2012 less than a year prior to him being charged with murder.

What happened with Hernandez is probably why they decided to trade Chandler Jones not wanting to risk a huge long-term contract on him when he becomes a much sought after free agent. Jones overdosed on pills and there was talk about narcotics and pot. Although Jones is an excellent young pass rusher who's produced 36 sacks in his 4 seasons the Pats couldn't trust him knowing it would cost a fortune to keep after next season. As for Donte Stallworth he accidentally killed someone in a DUI accident and paid the price. He owned up to the entire situation. The Pats signed him in March of 2012 but released him in Aug of that year. They brought him back in Dec of that year due to Julian Edelman breaking his foot and for depth.

He was done with NE after that season and they never invested much money in him. The Stallworth signing came before the murder charges with Hernandez. Since the Hernandez situation NE has avoided players who have a troubled history. They may have never traded Chandler Jones had it not been for their experience with Hernandez who they wasted 12M in guaranteed money after having to release him. The Pats will sign big time players temporally without guaranteeing them a lot of money. These are players who have some milage on their tread and the Pats get what they need out of them for a season or 2 and move one. Have anything else you would like me to shoot full of holes? lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh wow...

The guy did absolutely nothing the whole year, while playing seven games and gets a sack with forty seconds left on a 4th and 3 with Detroit behind, forcing a fumble and suddenly his rookie year is evident of greatness?

Oh yeah, it's not like he even fumbled a few plays before a recovered ball, after Spencer sacked Stafford forcing a fumble, which would have effectively ended the game.

Wow!!! Two fumbles, one in which wasn't even caused by himself and he have right back to Detroit.

Followed by him not doing anything all of last season, until Hardy actually got on the field. Our defense was garbage without Hardy, no matter which way you spin it.

Dude, Lawrence showed some promise last year at the end of the season, but your seriously on something if you think that your rant on trying to make him like Hardy is rational, and has nothing to do with hate.

Oh wow is right you just keep playing the spin game. DLaw was a rookie who missed most of training camp and the first 8 games of the regular season with an injury so it's not surprising he didn't do much during the regular season but when the games mattered most in the playoffs he showed up making the biggest play of the year for the Cowboys. He screwed one fumble up but made up for it in a big way saving the game. That sequence showed me a lot about the type of player he may eventually be. You must be on something or have an issue with me to keep spinning that I'm trying to make DLaw like Hardy. You either have an agenda or have problems with comprehension.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There is a reason all your doing is harping on 'sacks'. Even when Hardy isn't getting sacks, he's making his present felt with stats like 11 pass deflections in one season, which is basically 11 loss of downs caused by Hardy himself because he an ENDLESS motor.

I've been "harping" on the negatives he brings can you not read? Hardy made his presence felt more off the field that on the field last season. On the field he was solid but nothing great he didn't live up to expectations. All the sacks and pass deflections he had in Carolina doesn't matter it's what have you done lately. He didn't do near enough last season to justify bringing him back and having to endure another season of his off the field antics.

His motor ran out of gas the final 8 games of the season because he wasn't in good condition from all the partying he reportedly did. He didn't show last season that he's the same player he was in 2013 he's been through too much off the field to ever be that same player. It's all about getting your mind right and improving your attitude Hardy seems incapable of both.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If they whiff on Mayowa, then they have no choice if they want a chance to win.

What I don't understand is the same people who blame Hardy in some part for last year are the first to basically claim it was impossible without Romo anyways.

I am really looking for someone to say exactly what harm signing him back to an incentive laden deal would be?

Is our head coach that weak? Has he made it so clear that he didn't want him that if it were forced that he would look neutered?

At this stage in the game, I am very unconcerned about what Garrett wants, even when it goes against everything I usually believe in.

This is a desperate situation. You are not going to get a pass rush with nobodies and rookies.

jjktkk

Reaction score
It's so disappointing that despite our glaring need for a pass rusher, we won't bring Hardy back.

We paid him knowing he hadn't had any real game experience in over a year. We paid him knowing he had baggage.

And now he's a year removed from all of that with a full season under his belt and we can't be bothered because he's late for meetings. Which is something we knew about him before we signed him.

if we expected him to completely change his habits we shouldn't have ever signed him. We could've just kept Ware. And we'd have him mentoring Gregory and we'd have more flexibility in this draft.

Too bad we have such a weak head coach.

Funny how no other teams have rushed to sign Hardy. Guess there are more "weak' head coaches other than Garrett. :rolleyes:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What I don't understand is the same people who blame Hardy in some part for last year are the first to basically claim it was impossible without Romo anyways.

I am really looking for someone to say exactly what harm signing him back to an incentive laden deal would be?

Is our head coach that weak? Has he made it so clear that he didn't want him that if it were forced that he would look neutered?

At this stage in the game, I am very unconcerned about what Garrett wants, even when it goes against everything I usually believe in.

This is a desperate situation. You are not going to get a pass rush with nobodies and rookies.

I just don't get this mindset. Hey, this player's a cancer. We need him out of here. What? We can't sign anybody? Well let's bring the cancer back then. We take all that back.

Yes. It's a Jason Garrett thing. He's the only one to ever have an issue with Greg Hardy. Terrell Owens too.

jjktkk

Reaction score

Apparently Garrett has drawn a line in the sand in regards to bringing Hardy back. Wouldn't you really think Garretts spineless if he went back on his word? Also, what if Hardy is seeking more than a incentive laden deal? Giving Hardy's lack of production last year, and overall C'est la vie attitude, desperation or not, I personally don't feel the need to rush out and sign a diva DE with an attitude problem, and hot and cold production, not to mention the baggage he brings wherever he goes.

egn22

Reaction score
Not if he's truly a cancer it's not. A head coach must command his own locker room. Ours is challenged enough in that regard. We don't need to add to it with players that want to rock the boat. If you're a member of the team you're going to fall in line and follow the lead of the head coach. If you're not going to do that get the hell out of here. We don't need you.

The problem here is Cowboys fans are so unfamiliar with how a team is supposed to operate.

That's one way to look at I guess. You obviously always prefer someone that is going to be coachable and nice to be around.

Unfortunately the most talented players don't always come with great personalities. it's vital to have a coach who can bring it all together and create wins. Which is why I initially said it's unfortunate we can't make it work with Hardy. We could really use his skill set on our line.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I just don't get this mindset. Hey, this player's a cancer. We need him out of here. What? We can't sign anybody? Well let's bring the cancer back then. We take all that back.

Yes. It's a Jason Garrett thing. He's the only one to ever have an issue with Greg Hardy. Terrell Owens too.

I understand the issue. But if Charles Manson were my only skilled pass rusher available at the moment? I say go at it Chuckie, and Jason, deal with it.

The Gregory thing should not have taken anyone by surprise.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I understand the issue. But if Charles Manson were my only skilled pass rusher available at the moment? I say go at it Chuckie, and Jason, deal with it.

The Gregory thing should not have taken anyone by surprise.

Manson is probably better suited at slot receiver

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Apparently Garrett has drawn a line in the sand in regards to bringing Hardy back. Wouldn't you really think Garretts spineless if he went back on his word? Also, what if Hardy is seeking more than a incentive laden deal? Giving Hardy's lack of production last year, and overall C'est la vie attitude, desperation or not, I personally don't feel the need to rush out and sign a diva DE with an attitude problem, and hot and cold production, not to mention the baggage he brings wherever he goes.

I think most are already past thinking JG is spineless. If Hardy doesn't want an incentive based deal then so be it. But to not make an offer because the HC is scared of the guy is stupid. Make the price right and see where it goes. The guy can play.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
In this case, the coach is acting like a moron. 'Coming out guns a blazing' is a very common term. If he said 'I plan on hitting the ground running' would Garrett be offended that he didn't consider plane crash victims? And this is the same coach that kept Josh Brent around, despite having killed Jerry Brown from a DUI and then failing drug tests after his arrest.

I can't imagine Jimmy Johnson (and I'm not the biggest Jimmy Johnson fan, but he didn't have an issue with Haley), getting on Hardy for saying he's going to come out guns ablazing.

It was word policing by Garrett and he didn't handle Hardy well because he is too busy with his pet cats and RKG's and seemingly can't bother to coach some players that he doesn't like,

YR

While I agree with you for the most part hitting the ground running isn't even a remotely close example.

It's a very common phase, without question. I personally don't have an issue with it. But Hardy seems like a pretty smart guy to me. He knew he'd get some media crap going by using that phrase. Part of the crap that people were complaining about with him was that he had all these guns all over the place. That was part of the question (I'm not saying he did anything wrong mind you) about his character and such, at least as far as the media was concerned, when he got into trouble.

Hardy came out and made a comment that he knew was going to rile up the media, as a middle finger to them. Given the media crap storm they were going to have to deal with, in regards to Hardy anyway, Garrett really doesn't have any choice but to say something to him about not intentionally adding gasoline to the fire.

I highly doubt it was any sort of thing where Garrett was pissed off at him or jumped all over him or anything. It's more likely he simply went to him and explained to him that they didn't want the extra, unneeded and stupid attention brought to him, since they were already going to deal with plenty of stupid and unneeded attention just by him being there.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Give it up.. DLaw is no Greg Hardy..

Just stop.. Yeah, you don't like the guy, but don't come with this nonsense as regards talent level between the two..

Agreed.

Unfortunately I think what we're going to wind up seeing is that D-Law was only as good as he was this year because Hardy was there taking up attention.

I wouldn't be shocked, at all, if D-Law winds up with 4 or less sacks this year without Hardy. If Dallas does in fact choose to not resign him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh wow is right you just keep playing the spin game. DLaw was a rookie who missed most of training camp and the first 8 games of the regular season with an injury so it's not surprising he didn't do much during the regular season but when the games mattered most in the playoffs he showed up making the biggest play of the year for the Cowboys. He screwed one fumble up but made up for it in a big way saving the game. That sequence showed me a lot about the type of player he may eventually be. You must be on something or have an issue with me to keep spinning that I'm trying to make DLaw like Hardy. You either have an agenda or have problems with comprehension.

Lol..

The only reason your talking about Dlaw's production, is because your trying to downplay Hardy's value, which is why you said stupid things like Hardy's production, when he did produce, is a result of the situation.

Why else would you bring up DLaw's production in the context of resigning Hardy? Give me a break..

He did nothing the whole year, and got one sack on a 4th and 3 and your acting like he saved the seasoN. And he was dead silent last year, until Hardy started playing and the latter was taking up double teams..

khiladi

Reaction score
Revis wasn't offered a huge contract by NE because he was pushing 30 and once they feel they've gotten what they want out of a player they move on. They've done it with several big name players who were getting up in years. Nothing wrong with not wanting to invest big money in a soon to be 30 year old corner who hasn't been as great a player as he was prior to his knee injury. As for Wilfork the Pats got 11 years out of him they weren't about to lock up a 33 year old NT. You continue to make this way too easy for me. As for Hernandez he had trouble signs coming out of college which is why he fell to the 4th round and the Pats knowing he was a great value pick in the 4th round took the chance. The Pats signed Hernandez to a 5 year contract extension in 2012 less than a year prior to him being charged with murder.

What happened with Hernandez is probably why they decided to trade Chandler Jones not wanting to risk a huge long-term contract on him when he becomes a much sought after free agent. Jones overdosed on pills and there was talk about narcotics and pot. Although Jones is an excellent young pass rusher who's produced 36 sacks in his 4 seasons the Pats couldn't trust him knowing it would cost a fortune to keep after next season. As for Donte Stallworth he accidentally killed someone in a DUI accident and paid the price. He owned up to the entire situation. The Pats signed him in March of 2012 but released him in Aug of that year. They brought him back in Dec of that year due to Julian Edelman breaking his foot and for depth.

He was done with NE after that season and they never invested much money in him. The Stallworth signing came before the murder charges with Hernandez. Since the Hernandez situation NE has avoided players who have a troubled history. They may have never traded Chandler Jones had it not been for their experience with Hernandez who they wasted 12M in guaranteed money after having to release him. The Pats will sign big time players temporally without guaranteeing them a lot of money. These are players who have some milage on their tread and the Pats get what they need out of them for a season or 2 and move one. Have anything else you would like me to shoot full of holes? lol

Revis got paid a lot of money and the signing basically won them a SB.

And they sign big-time players TEMPORARILY, meaning it's ther track record, which is the POINT. Chandler Jones is no exception to the rule.

khiladi

Reaction score
I've been "harping" on the negatives he brings can you not read? Hardy made his presence felt more off the field that on the field last season. On the field he was solid but nothing great he didn't live up to expectations. All the sacks and pass deflections he had in Carolina doesn't matter it's what have you done lately. He didn't do near enough last season to justify bringing him back and having to endure another season of his off the field antics.

His motor ran out of gas the final 8 games of the season because he wasn't in good condition from all the partying he reportedly did. He didn't show last season that he's the same player he was in 2013 he's been through too much off the field to ever be that same player. It's all about getting your mind right and improving your attitude Hardy seems incapable of both.

He was reportedly partying the whole season and Dallas, halfway through his season was saying they wanted to sign him long-term...

He also got injured in week 8 and 12, but after the fact, it was supposedly partying. He also was playing DT to get Gregory on the field and played the majority of snaps of any DL, including at positions at which he was under-sized, because our DT weren't bringing anything up front and Dallas was trying to get Gregory, whose now suspended, on the field..

Nonsensical rumors, totally contradicted by how the coaches were using him on the field..

But year, partying.. What was Gregroy doing?

khiladi

Reaction score
If Hardy only performs on good teams that have good coaches than what's the point in bringing him back? His best season came on a 13 win team. We don't have the team or the coaches that will benefit a volatile player like Hardy last season was proof of that. The distraction he brings along with all his other baggage is just going to disrupt the team until we've seen enough and have to cut him. Not once have I tried to trash Hardy's skills but he didn't perform last season to the expectations everyone had. There's not a FAN on the board who thought he would only have 6 sacks in 12 games producing only 2 sacks the final 8 games. He didn't even bother to show up against Carolina the team that cut him.

You would have thought he would have entered that game breathing fire with a chip on his shoulder but he was a no show. Sacks aren't the only measurement of a DE but their careers are judged by them. Ware was judged by them his final season in Dallas and Jerry didn't feel 6 sacks was enough to warrant the money he was making. The Cowboys won the same number of games last season without Hardy as they did with Hardy. You like a few others keep ignoring all the off the field problems he brings. He would be signed by now if there weren't off the field concerns with him.

He was more disruptive off the field than on the field last season. He's a distraction and a distraction is something that no team needs or wants especially a team trying to rebound from a 4-12 season. Again I'm not saying DLaw is Hardy you're getting my comments twisted. If you want to twist comments all day go waste someone else's time.

Wow.. You mean they won the same amount of game with Hardy as they did without had nothing to do with Romo being pretty much absent every game with Hardy? You do realize Dallas defense absolutely sucked the first four games, even with Romo.. Hardy plays on defense, not offense.

Ware was judged by the fact he was old and he wasn't even bringing pressure anymore and suffering injuries. And Ware didn't really produce in Denver either until the SB and he had Miller who was playing on a different planet, who himself wasn't all world the year prior, and the best defensive coach in the game in Wade Phillips who was throwing disguised blitzes from everywhere. Ware wasn't even close to the best player on the Denver defense.

But basically per your logic, if Hardy played in Denver he'd probably have like 20 sacks.

Your argument for Hardy is like those that claim Romo coming back would get us to the playoffs, but he ending up chucking INTs against Carolina and breaking his collarbone. There were bigger problems in Dallas that our expected Messiahs on offense and defense couldn't save.

And if you say sacks aren't the only measure of a defensive player and it's not accurate to measure then by it, then your contradicting your whole point when you measure him by 'sacks'.

Last edited: