Hardy Missing Meetings?

dupree89

Reaction score
And like I said, when they reported Hardy skipped a practice earlier this year, the Cowboys quickly claimed he had an excused absence. Now? Well they don't talk about internal matters.

An absolutely excellent point.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It's looking less and less likely dallas will resign hardy. Confrontations all over the place, missing meetings, hasn't really shown up much in the last 2 games

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where are all the Hardy apologists??

There's a huge difference between defending an off the field misdemeanor offense that was expunged from being late or missing team meetings during game week. If people aren't defending him for the latter, it's a sign that they understand the distinction.

I'm in that camp. I don't care how big a star he is, or how volatile a player, or how much I need a win. Unless Jerry's telling me specifically not to, if he's missing meetings legitimately during a must-win game week, he's sitting to start the game and the hell with the consequences.

mugsybows

Reaction score
it always seems like when we try to cut corners and get these "studs" with heavy off the field issues it always bites us in the butt. see the pacman/tank year.

kevm3

Reaction score
Pacman is actually playing great ball with the Bengals. Thing is, Hardy is still affected by losses and hasn't fallen into Dallas apathy yet where he can smile after getting beat. Either way, he's probably gone when the year is done.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Wow. He was late for work.

I've been late to work too for a multitude of reasons and missed meetings too. I never received such ridiculous scrutiny for something that happens all the time to everyone across the world.

That article is trash, another way to pile it on for nothing.

dupree89

Reaction score
I had said before, I think that cutting him in-season will just magnify what many think was a mistake. But I gotta say this....if they cut him after they become mathematically eliminated, it will make the franchise look like slime IMO.

dupree89

Reaction score
Wow. He was late for work.

I've been late to work too for a multitude of reasons and missed meetings too. I never received such ridiculous scrutiny for something that happens all the time to everyone across the world.

That article is trash, another way to pile it on for nothing.

Sultan....I agree with your premise. The problem is....were you also in the news for a very highly publicized domestic violence case? Were you involved in a shouting match at work with one of your superiors? Isolated incidents are generally forgiven and everyone moves on. When there is a pattern of problems, the heat intensifies.

mugsybows

Reaction score
I had said before, I think that cutting him in-season will just magnify what many think was a mistake. But I gotta say this....if they cut him after they become mathematically eliminated, it will make the franchise look like slime IMO.

yeah if the season goes down you gotta take him down with the ship until the end.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I think cutting him in-season would magnify what some consider to be a mistake. And we know Jerry doesn't really like that. Whereas, if you play out the string and just dont re-sign him.....they can just say it didnt make financial sense.

He was given a second chance and needs to keep his mouth closed or hit the bricks.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
you can't cut him when you're 2-7. that will make everything look 100x worse.