Has anyone been keeping up with the Zimmerman trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Maybe he did or didn't, he is dead and he can't defend himself so we'll never know what really took place during the initial confrontation.

Also, Zimmerman could have identified himself as a Neighborhood Watch as well but he didn't.
martin could have walked away and did not

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Maybe he did or didn't, he is dead and he can't defend himself so we'll never know what really took place during the initial confrontation.

Also, Zimmerman could have identified himself as a Neighborhood Watch as well but he didn't.

how do you know? not trying to "pick a fight" but you say we'll never know what happened then turn around and say what "should" have happened.

Sean50Lee

Reaction score
Zimmerman and Martin are people and why the media and some people have to make everything about race I don't understand.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
As I said earlier, this is a difficult case to simply ignore personal opinion and just focus on the facts of the case. I just never felt as if the prosecution had proven enough to convict Zimmerman on any count.

It's certainly tragic and I am sorry that a young man is dead but the fact remains that the prosecution really didn't prove the case IMO.

of this i have to agree. it's sad, it could have easily been prevented from either side, but things like this happen likely every day in this country. for whatever reason, this became part of our "pop" culture.

that's what is really sad, to me.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Wasn't he walking away the entire time?

i wish we knew. i honestly do. but it went to court and that's how we decide things in this country. good, or bad. there was nothing "good" that could come out of this tragic case. you can believe what zimmerman said or you can just think he's a liar and got away with something. by now, if you're on one side of the equation, nothing will push you to the other.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
how do you know? not trying to "pick a fight" but you say we'll never know what happened then turn around and say what "should" have happened.

How do I know what? Only two people knows exactly what happened and one is dead to defend himself. What I said was had Zimmerman stayed in his truck, there wouldn't be an incident between those two.

sbark

Reaction score
apparently the Jury didn't think so.......
i wish we knew. i honestly do. but it went to court and that's how we decide things in this country. good, or bad. there was nothing "good" that could come out of this tragic case. you can believe what zimmerman said or you can just think he's a liar and got away with something. by now, if you're on one side of the equation, nothing will push you to the other.

Well said....but way too much focus on it..........over 20 dead in Chicago just over the 4th weekend...........no attention at all to the problems there.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
How do I know what? Only two people knows exactly what happened and one is dead to defend himself. What I said was had Zimmerman stayed in his truck, there wouldn't be an incident between those two.

had martin just said why he was there, no issue.

not going to go on about it - peace out.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
had martin just said why he was there, no issue.

not going to go on about it - peace out.

Maybe, maybe not. Not sure what Zimmerman's intent was during the initial confrontation. Like I said, Zimmerman failed to identify himself as well as per trial.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. Not sure what Zimmerman's intent was during the initial confrontation. Like I said, Zimmerman failed to identify himself as well as per trial.

per trial, not guilty.

goodnight.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
From everything I heard they didn't come close to proving the case. I don't think they ever wanted to prosecute him because they didn't have the evidence. Political pressure prevailed and it was all a big waste of time and money.

This is exactly how I feel about it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Because nobody actually knows what happened.

At the most basic level he was acting in self defense but that doesn't explain how the entire event came about and all they have to go off of is George's shaky account of the situation.

If someone were to instigate a fight and begin to get pummeled, does self defense still apply? I don't see how it could.

Doesn't matter who started it legally although I say it does morally. Legally if you perceive your life is at risk or you're going to suffer great bodily harm then you can use deadly force.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

We don't know. Most likely not based on some things that were said by both participants. But we'll never know as a fact what really happened in that 4 minute window.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Had Travon never left his house, there wouldn't be an incident either. I mean, you can kinda take this to many extremes and I understand the reasoning but honestly, Zimmerman was part of a neighborhood watch. Travon Martin did not live in the community but was, in fact, a stranger. It is reasonable, IMO, to see why Zimmerman might have been suspicious.

If you are asking me what I think, I think both profiled each other. Zimmerman saw a person he did not know in the neighborhood and he assumed the worst. Martin saw a person following him and assumed he was a White Cracker?

This is terrible and if you want to say that it would be wise to review self defense laws in Florida, I would understand that. Unfortunately, Florida has to do that and because it's their law, they would have to make that decision.

Under the existing laws in Florida, Zimmerman was not guilty. Life is imperfect and I just see this as one of those situations.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I shared my most basic thoughts about this case in a single post on FB. I somewhat followed the trial via twitter by following one reporter who was able to tweet the happenings in the courtroom without opinionizing (my word) stuff. Some of my thoughts were somewhat posted on here (don't agree with everything) and so I won't repost those thoughts, because they're irrelevant now that the verdict is in.

What I will share is this: Right or wrong, this was our judicial system at work and so I got no issue with the verdict. I think that people should get a better understanding of how things work in the legal system. Having a theory on how something happened, and proving is two different things and the jury felt the prosecution didn't. Simple as that to me.

I also don't believe that this is the last chapter in this story. More legal wranglings are def going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.