Have fans completely lost it?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roger Staubach in his prime would have been criticised here if it had existed back then. It is what it is...
I did criticize Roger, fortunately by the time he had 6 or 7 years in the league he was pretty damn good.
We have a guy who's tossed it into a crowd of defenders 3 times in the last 2 games. Yesterday he got away with it because apparently the lions have one armed DBs. Then we gave him a TD pass just to pad his stats (Romo laughed)
Which of his last 3 starts screamed 40 million dollar QB? How about $40 maybe.
A QB can stay in his lane and win. Yeah!
Good defenses force them off the road. neither of our QBs are off roaders.
Let's not discuss that until it smacks us in the head.
Because Dak or Rush won a game, it's all good

Ken

Reaction score
So you want butterflies and rainbows blown up your butt exclusively.

That's the way Jerry likes it too ....... In his mind you are a perfect fan.
No, just not complain over everything that doesn't go perfect would be nice.

Swagger

Reaction score
I'm convinced that if Dallas wins the Super Bowl this year, Dak will get no credit. His critics (haters, as they say) will claim that the defense really did all of the lifting and he was just a wildly overpaid Trent Dilfer.
In reality your last sentence is the only scenerio in which Dak Prescott could win a Superbowl. It's not hating. It's simply watching games.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You must be related to Dak, otherwise I just can't fathom this kind of homerism.

Not at all. Just call it like I see it. What was he 19-25. That’s pretty good. Was he Mahomes, no. No one is. Rush is terrible. No amount of lipstick will fix that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
No, just not complain over everything that doesn't go perfect would be nice.

So no one should complain about 27 years of ineptitude and bad front office decisions.

They draft well ..... But they have no idea how to build a team and even if they did they emasculate thier coaches trying to show how they are the ones in charge of everything to satisfy their own egos.

But like I said congratulations ..... Jerry loves the fans who blindly love the team with no expectations of actually winning.

Swagger

Reaction score
More like "look at that awful execution for 3 quarters"

I don't care about stats but I would rather not have to count on the other team fumbling on the goaline so we are not down 13-10 in the 4th!
Haha I know right!
It's hilarious that people just look at the final score and think "hey we won by 18 points" without appreciating that the team would have been down 13-10 in the 4th quarter without Parsons preventing the Touchdown with a tackle that he had no right to pull off. Followed by the D giving the offense the ball in Lions territory to jazz up the scoreline in the final half of the 4th quarter. The Lions D gave up 48 points against Seattle - the Seahawks average scoring 22 points in other games this season for a bit of context.

I understand the point of people wanting Prescott to take on board what Rush did when he had a record of 5-1 as QB of the team and therefore Prescott can't really win either way. The problem is it just highlights that the front office shouldn't have paid him as he has zero juice left in his legs and he isn't a proper pocket passer hence why there isn't really a huge gulf between him and Rush aside from their contracts from one extreme to the other.

Swagger

Reaction score
Lol it's to easy..and predictable.."I want a ball control offense that can score over 20 points, play defense" Cowboys win 24 to 6 "Dak could only throw 1 TD 40 million dollars 40 million dollars 40 million dollars......"
It's about context though isn't it.

1st quarter: 0 points
2nd quarter: 3 points
3rd quarter: 7 points
13 points through three quarter vs the worse defense in the league.
4th quarter: two takeaways by the D in Lions territory sets up two late touchdowns.

This was against the worst defense in the league. One which the Seahawks hung 48 points on with their points scored as follows:

1st quarter: 14 points
2nd quarter: 10 points
3rd quarter: 14 points
4th quarter: 10 points

They average scoring 22 points in their other games for a bit of context

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's about context though isn't it.

1st quarter: 0 points
2nd quarter: 3 points
3rd quarter: 7 points
13 points through three quarter vs the worse defense in the league.
4th quarter: two takeaways by the D in Lions territory sets up two late touchdowns.

This was against the worst defense in the league. One which the Seahawks hung 48 points on with their points scored as follows:

1st quarter: 14 points
2nd quarter: 10 points
3rd quarter: 14 points
4th quarter: 10 points

They average scoring 22 points in their other games for a bit of context

again if you want to say you think Rush is a better QB then say it, again All I want is this team to play football that helps a defense that i believe is the core of the team. Run the ball be effecient on offense...yesterday we were more effecient on offense than we have been with Rush...Do i want to see it improve? absolutley... Do i want Dak/KM to continue building on the changes they made in the 2nd half that made the difference..Absolutley..Run the ball to set up PA and take advantage of what the defense gives you...make the other team have to pass the ball...Was Dak as sharp as Ive seen him NO not in the first half for sure, so get better improve and lets see where this goes.

Verdict

Reaction score
Haha I know right!
It's hilarious that people just look at the final score and think "hey we won by 18 points" without appreciating that the team would have been down 13-10 in the 4th quarter without Parsons preventing the Touchdown with a tackle that he had no right to pull off. Followed by the D giving the offense the ball in Lions territory to jazz up the scoreline in the final half of the 4th quarter. The Lions D gave up 48 points against Seattle - the Seahawks average scoring 22 points in other games this season for a bit of context.

I understand the point of people wanting Prescott to take on board what Rush did when he had a record of 5-1 as QB of the team and therefore Prescott can't really win either way. The problem is it just highlights that the front office shouldn't have paid him as he has zero juice left in his legs and he isn't a proper pocket passer hence why there isn't really a huge gulf between him and Rush aside from their contracts from one extreme to the other.
Nice post.

Verdict

Reaction score
again if you want to say you think Rush is a better QB then say it, again All I want is this team to play football that helps a defense that i believe is the core of the team. Run the ball be effecient on offense...yesterday we were more effecient on offense than we have been with Rush...Do i want to see it improve? absolutley... Do i want Dak/KM to continue building on the changes they made in the 2nd half that made the difference..Absolutley..Run the ball to set up PA and take advantage of what the defense gives you...make the other team have to pass the ball...Was Dak as sharp as Ive seen him NO not in the first half for sure, so get better improve and lets see where this goes.
I don’t know about us being more efficient than with Rush. Lol. I didn’t see a lot of difference. I want to see Dak playing a LOT better than Rush and he should making 40 times the money. Dak stunk it up yesterday.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This game is pretty much over.

Mahomes(the trolls #1 fanboy) just put up 44 on the 49ers supposedly stout defense.

The game will always be rigged as to where Dak will never have as good a game as Allen or Mahomes against a good defense...so that it can trigger you and claim "well Dak didnt put up X amount of points against that awesome defense"

It’s all rigged. It’s all childish.
Wake me up when Dak does that against a good defense until then all this bs is little more than celebration of wins against bad teams. Basically this is how Philly fans behaved when they used to claim that beating the Cowboys was their superbowl

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t know about us being more efficient than with Rush. Lol. I didn’t see a lot of difference. I want to see Dak playing a LOT better than Rush and he should making 40 times the money. Dak stunk it up yesterday.
He played 100 times better than Rush. Against the lions. The ball is on target. Other than maybe one or two throws. The rush 10 or 15. It’s just nonsense what you’re talking

Verdict

Reaction score
Not at all. Just call it like I see it. What was he 19-25. That’s pretty good. Was he Mahomes, no. No one is. Rush is terrible. No amount of lipstick will fix that.
Rush is nothing but a bus driving backup. Dak is better than Rush. On the other hand Dak often looks like a bus driving backup. A $40m per year bus driving backup.

Dak needs to do better. Anyone who wants to ride his jock, fine by me, but we need more out of Dak if we are going to get to a SB and win it.

In my opinion what Dak has been doing for the past couple of years is probably not going to get it done.

Verdict

Reaction score
He played 100 times better than Rush. Against the lions. The ball is on target. Other than maybe one or two throws. The rush 10 or 15. It’s just nonsense what you’re talking
Rose. Colored. Glasses.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

First half was bad for sure, started looking better the 2nd half and they need to build on it...what would 40 times better look like in this offense? Do you want Air Raid, or the ball control offense?