Have fans completely lost it?

Swagger

Reaction score
again if you want to say you think Rush is a better QB then say it, again All I want is this team to play football that helps a defense that i believe is the core of the team. Run the ball be effecient on offense...yesterday we were more effecient on offense than we have been with Rush...Do i want to see it improve? absolutley... Do i want Dak/KM to continue building on the changes they made in the 2nd half that made the difference..Absolutley..Run the ball to set up PA and take advantage of what the defense gives you...make the other team have to pass the ball...Was Dak as sharp as Ive seen him NO not in the first half for sure, so get better improve and lets see where this goes.
I do not consider Rush to be a better QB than Dak Prescott and never have. He's a practice squad QB. But he's a solid backup for the Cowboys because he knows the system like the back of his hand. If he joined another team as a starter he would fall flat on his face. Yet the team is 5-1 with him as the starting QB including several wins against good teams. This roster is loaded if people want to admit it or not.

Prescott needs to really utilise his legs more to be a genuine difference maker. He previously had the ability to rush for first downs but not really since the leg injury. Unless he flips the script in this regard then I fail to see his value to the offense.

Last edited:

EndGame

Reaction score
In reality your last sentence is the only scenerio in which Dak Prescott could win a Superbowl. It's not hating. It's simply watching games.
I didn't expect to be proven correct so quickly.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I do not consider Rush to be a better QB than Dak Prescott and never have. He's a practice squad QB. But he's a solid backup for the Cowboys because he knows the system like the back of his hand. If he joined another team as a starter he would fall flat on his face. Yet the team is 5-1 with him as the starting QB including several wins against good teams. This roster is loaded if people want to admit it or not.

Prescott needs to really utilise his legs more to be a genuine difference maker. He previously had the ability to rush for first downs but not really since the leg injury. Unless he flips the script in this regard then I fail to see his value to the offense.

The value in this offense is he is the best QB option we have, he is more mobile and a better passer than the other QB's we have on the roster. I'm all for an upgrade if we could get one, Without blowing huge holes in this teams cap, are best option is Dak to keep improving and to keep running this ball control offense and help the defense which is the ceneter piece of this team. The ink is dry on the contract so that whole argument is a moot point to me also. Its really simple to me, this season our best QB option to help this team is Dak.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Very few, if any, wanted Dak to come out and light it up. We wanted him to stick to the current winning formula of establishing the run and sticking with it, play great defense and special teams and win the games. That’s exactly what happened.
So...what exactly did you need Dak and his salary for?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Offense has been at or below average all season. Offense gets the attention and respect. Defense gets the championships.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I really have to ask. Have fans completely lost it or is this board being taken over by trolls?

Dak broke his thumb. Couldn't throw a football for many weeks.

$40 million superhero's "return to glory" was pretty comparable to the 5 week run of the $2 million dollar backup

If you're ok with that, then maybe we should be asking if youve lost it

The fans aren't the problem

The constant mediocrity by our supposed "stars" is the issue

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There's a handful of trolls who keep posting the same negative narrative about Prescott. They're overzealous
jealously of the man is absurd.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I really have to ask. Have fans completely lost it or is this board being taken over by trolls?

Dak broke his thumb. Couldn't throw a football for many weeks. Missed 5 weeks of the season. Was still wearing a brace on his thumb. Comes back and, while rusty, plays a very " Cooper Rush" esque game and gets a win against a team coming off a bye.
Most people on this forum and in the media said... learn from Cooper. Keep this game plan when Dak comes back. Etc. Etc.
They do and all the haters come out.

Tyler Smith is balling out. He is a rookie starting at LT in the NFL. NOT AN EASY TASK. PFF (for what they're worth) has him ranked as the 6th best tackle in the league. IN THE LEAGUE!! I saw a post debating if he could play the position!!!!!!

These are just two examples. But, have "fans" lost it?

The excuses for Prescott are stacking up.

Wait, let me count .................

*be back with the numbers summer holidays 2023*

cmoney23

Reaction score
The Dak apologists are equally annoying. I don’t know why people can’t just take the emotion out of these threads and discuss things with a little bit of common sense.
The excuses for Prescott are stacking up.

Wait, let me count .................

*be back with the numbers summer holidays 2023*

Hey while you're checking those numbers... find out how many years we are contracted to Dak for... then build a nice big old bridge and get over it.

I think most folks in the forum are fans of the team. Dak is on the team and isn't going anywhere. So maybe we could talk about performance, issues, personnel, etc.

I'll be a Dak apologist, a Romo apologist, a Rush apologist, or any other Dallas Cowboys player.

Bing

Reaction score

Dak broke his thumb. Couldn't throw a football for many weeks. Missed 5 weeks of the season. Was still wearing a brace on his thumb. Comes back and, while rusty, plays a very " Cooper Rush" esque game and gets a win against a team coming off a bye.
Most people on this forum and in the media said... learn from Cooper. Keep this game plan when Dak comes back. Etc. Etc.

Tyler Smith is balling out. He is a rookie starting at LT in the NFL. NOT AN EASY TASK. PFF (for what they're worth) has him ranked as the 6th best tackle in the league. IN THE LEAGUE!! I saw a post debating if he could play the position!!!!!!

Lost it? I think the only people that have lost it are the Jones. The fans are just fed up....look at your example with Tyler Smith, yes our 2022 first round player is balling out. And so is our 2021 first rounder Micah Parsons and our 2020 first rounder Ceedee Lamb all doing the same. But when you mix them with either a 4th round or undrafted QB you get average to mediocre play.

The only way Dallas is ever going to see another superbowl win is if we have a top quality 1st round QB playing behind center....CeeDee, Zeke, Parsons etc will just be more players that has wasted their career at Dallas because of average QB play. The only way they will ever see a ring is if they finish their career somewhere else like DeMarcus Ware.

Last edited:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I did criticize Roger, fortunately by the time he had 6 or 7 years in the league he was pretty damn good.
We have a guy who's tossed it into a crowd of defenders 3 times in the last 2 games. Yesterday he got away with it because apparently the lions have one armed DBs. Then we gave him a TD pass just to pad his stats (Romo laughed)
Which of his last 3 starts screamed 40 million dollar QB? How about $40 maybe.
A QB can stay in his lane and win. Yeah!
Good defenses force them off the road. neither of our QBs are off roaders.
Let's not discuss that until it smacks us in the head.
Because Dak or Rush won a game, it's all good
Was you more of a Craig Morton fan? I had to ask. I get Dak isn't Mahomes but again who is? Anyway we don't have a superstar qb presently but we are stuck with Dak till Jerry says bye-bye. I just hope for the best in the mean time.

Loso86

Reaction score

Unfortunately some our fans or trolls are not football smart and don't care!