Twitter: He's having a historically great career

terra

Reaction score
I would argue that Zeke is getting the ball too much. When you average 2.7 YPC in the first quarter you dont deserve more carries. When you fumble the football you dont deserve more carries. When the #2 RB is outperforming you he deserves more carries. When you are playing catchup most of the time because your defense sucks and your RB fumbles the ball you dont get as many carries as you should because you have to pass the ball to catch up.

Simple concepts about situational football. When Zeke starts doing his job better I am sure he will get more carries.

But lets just put your claim to a test shall we?

-2019 Zeke had 301 carries which was #2 in the NFL Henry had 303 (Your claim doenst hold up)
-2020 Zeke had 244 carries which was #5 in the NFL (Your claim doesnt hold up)

Under Moore Zeke is consistently getting top 5 carries in the NFL. He gets as many opportunities as just about anybody. To say Zeke doesnt get enough carries under Moore is laughable.
Yawn. Go worship your Dak doll some more.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion I just happen to disagree. Yes great players can be found at most any point in the draft including undrafted. However if you get a great player you keep him. The salary is only a problem to people who don't like him. Since the Joneses don't have a problem with it I can only assume they must like him. Zeke had a down year.. He's not the first player to have a down year and won't be the last. And if he regains his all pro form he will be continue to help this team win games. And his skillset is about as diverse as it gets for a running back. Yes the way Moore calls plays it suits Pollard and his ilk better.. However just because Moore is an idiot doesn't make it right. I like Zeke on my team. I get that some people don't. I can't do anything to help those people. I enjoy watching him and I think be brings a lot to the table that can help a team win if properly used.

NO, you dont pay running backs. Certainly not ones like Zeke. Huge mistake. You wont find many that agree with your on you resign Zeke comment.

Moore is one of the best young coordinators in the NFL. Leading the #1 offense in NFL history last year was proof of why that is.

Moore is certainly moving away from forcing the ball to the limited Zeke. That makes him smart, not an idiot.

I dont think Zeke brings much to the table. Not with leadership, not in salary, not in value, and lately, not on the field either. I dont enjoy watching him run into the back of his lineman and dive into the middle of the line. Doesnt do much for me.

Lets hope him finally taking his job seriously gets him back on track. 2000 combines yards and 18 TD's is what Zeke should have in this offense with what he is being paid.

starfan1

Reaction score
Hated the pick in 16
Still hate the pick
Could of had Ramsey, Henry and Simmons then Dak . And No jaylon
Armchair qb is a fun game .
Zeke is a product of the line. I also think because of the abuse your gonna see a decline in his game continue

that being said I root for all cowboys on sundays

Thomas82

Reaction score
I would argue that Zeke is getting the ball too much. When you average 2.7 YPC in the first quarter you dont deserve more carries. When you fumble the football you dont deserve more carries. When the #2 RB is outperforming you he deserves more carries. When you are playing catchup most of the time because your defense sucks and your RB fumbles the ball you dont get as many carries as you should because you have to pass the ball to catch up.

Simple concepts about situational football. When Zeke starts doing his job better I am sure he will get more carries.

But lets just put your claim to a test shall we?

-2019 Zeke had 301 carries which was #2 in the NFL Henry had 303 (Your claim doenst hold up)
-2020 Zeke had 244 carries which was #5 in the NFL (Your claim doesnt hold up)

Under Moore Zeke is consistently getting top 5 carries in the NFL. He gets as many opportunities as just about anybody. To say Zeke doesnt get enough carries under Moore is laughable.

Well put it this way: In the years Zeke led the league in rushing, the Cowboys were in the playoffs. In 2019 when they took the ball out of Zeke's hands and became a pass-first offense, the team missed the playoffs.

There were a couple more games we could have won in 2019 if we gave Zeke a couple more carries, which might have been the difference in a playoff spot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am an elitist, no argument there. :thumbup:

My record in accuracy backs that up. Quite frankly, I get really tired of listening to all the football and QB challenged ninnies on here getting it all wrong. Football isnt rocket science. I guess it is for some.

I will not argue about whether CB is a premium position. Its beneath me quite frankly. You can do your own homework. You can even google "most important positions in football" and you can find the answer. Hell just take a look at two corners going in the top 10 this year right in front of the Cowboys.

As far as likes, you make me laugh. I dont care about likes. Why would you EVER think a jerk like me would care about likes? :huh:

See what I mean, your theories dont match up with logic. If I wanted likes, all I would have to do is say homer stuff more like what you do and I would get all the likes I wanted.
You actually keep record of how much you've been right? Why?

It should be beneath you because I never said the CB position is premium....you claim to be a football historian....list your top 10 cornerbacks in the league right now.....how many of them were top 10 picks?

Just curious...do you even know who the Buccaneers cornerbacks are? Or the Chiefs? Just curious.......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well put it this way: In the years Zeke led the league in rushing, the Cowboys were in the playoffs. In 2019 when they took the ball out of Zeke's hands and became a pass-first offense, the team missed the playoffs.

There were a couple more games we could have won in 2019 if we gave Zeke a couple more carries, which might have been the difference in a playoff spot.
Ehh...that's a tricky game to play....because IMO, in 2019 if they weren't force feeding Zeke in the Vikings game....that should've been a W.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Zeke had 300 carries in 2019 so your theory that they took the ball out of his hands doesnt hold up. Its simply NOT true. What is true is that Zeke didnt have a great year. Maybe if Zeke played like he did earlier in his career we make the playoffs.

2020 speaks for itself with the defense and Zeke's performance.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You actually keep record of how much you've been right? Why?

It should be beneath you because I never said the CB position is premium....you claim to be a football historian....list your top 10 cornerbacks in the league right now.....how many of them were top 10 picks?

Just curious...do you even know who the Buccaneers cornerbacks are? Or the Chiefs? Just curious.......

LOL........the best one in the NFL is Ramsey who we should have taken over Zeke. Damn you fell into that one buddy.

And no I dont keep a record. Ive been on the right side of every major argument on this site for the last 10 years for starters. Heck, even the Zeke argument I come out smelling like a rose and I have been his biggest critic.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL........the best one in the NFL is Ramsey who we should have taken over Zeke. Damn you fell into that one buddy.

And no I dont keep a record. Ive been on the right side of every major argument on this site for the last 10 years for starters. Heck, even the Zeke argument I come out smelling like a rose and I have been his biggest critic.
You misunderstood what I said.....I said list your top 10 and I asked you how many of them were were top 10 picks.....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ehh...that's a tricky game to play....because IMO, in 2019 if they weren't force feeding Zeke in the Vikings game....that should've been a W.

It's not as tricky as you might think. As a general rule feeding Zeke has been good for this team. However there has been games when the line was getting its collective arse whupped and we should have leaned on Dak more. That Vikings game was such a game. Then Moore turned Dak loose in the 4th quarter and got the Cowboys right back in the game .. but no sooner did they get the ball with a chance to win then Moore went right back to forcing it up the middle to Zeke.. That's inexperience plain and simple. This team is not good enough to just line up and run three run plays like they did in the 90's. To be successful there has to be some subterfuge and trickeration. Again that falls on Moore. He needs to find more ways to get Zeke the ball in space. Just pounding him up the middle is a nice baseline but it can't be the whole meal. Unless of course both Zeke and the line return to 2016 form.. If that happens there isn't a defense in the league that can stop them even if they show the play on the jumbotron before they run it. But I aint countin on that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He deserves more credit around here that is given. And this is with all the "struggles" everyone claims he's having......

ELITE COMPANY

This is flawed, lol.
Why do you think they used a birthday??????
He just started at a young age , that is all, I guess he didnt finish college.

People twist stats to get a result they want, and someone dug up this birthday age thing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is flawed, lol.
Why do you think they used a birthday??????
He just started at a young age , that is all, I guess he didnt finish college.

People twist stats to get a result they want, and someone dug up this birthday age thing.
What’s the issue? Are you saying those guys were drafted older than Zeke was?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What’s the issue? Are you saying those guys were drafted older than Zeke was?

If I'm not mistaken all four of the guys on the list came out of college as 20 year olds who turned 21 AFTER being drafted. Though I think in Payton's case he just graduated young. Ironically he and I share the same birthday. July 25th. Also Sanders, Payton and Zeke were all born in July and Emmitt in May.. so all four definitely were 20 the day they were drafted and turned 21 after.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's been in decline for years.
Not years, but just 1 year. He sucked last year. Didn’t work on his game after signing a big contract and partied on his money. But that was only 1 year and last year. Let’s see how he does this year before quitting on him like losers like to do. Quit.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He's been in decline for years.

He hasn't repeated his rookie year, but you also have to consider other factors too like declining oline. No doubt Zeke needed to train harder and drop some lbs, but last year was the first year one could say he wasn't an effective player in the offense. I think Zeke shuts up a lot of critics this year.