Hey Key! Who Did Build this Team?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1829796 said:
you missed the point.......these guys never had the freedom or cap space, so you can't blame their bad coaching records on their personnel decisions.

I specifically said I don't base my opinion on their records. I think they are bad coaches for other reasons. Also, I don't believe they had the same kind of say as Parcells. If there is evidence to contradict this, please show me a link.

You're praising BP for his personnel decisions, but BP had the cap space and decision making authority that the others didn't. And yet, just like Gailey he was 2 games over .500 with two palyoff losses. Genious!

[/quote]
Maybe, it took a lot to fix the mess that this team was. Parcells also had to get rid of a few problem players. Also, I didn't by that dynasty claim in the response addressed to me. 12-1 teams are a rarity. What are your expectations/standards? Are they realistic?

CoCo

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1829862 said:
We found more undrafted free agents and draft day 2 contributors in one year under Parcells than we did in 7 years under the Jerry and Larry show combined. I don't think that's just a coinkydink, and it has absolutely nothing to with cap space.

Second of all, don't you think one of the reasons this team is doing so well out the gate transitioning to Wade and Garrett schemes might have just a little bit to do with the fact that Parcells put a premium on Dallas filling the roster with smart players and hard workers?

Parcells was basically a business consultant who came into a business that was on the brink of Chapter 11, couldn't pay it's bills, bleeding money, no business model in place to make money, and no management leadershiip. when he left it was out of the red, paying it's bills, management in place implementing a business model that was making money with great potential to make more ... and people said he was a 'failure' because he didn't turn it into Microsoft in four years.

Very nice analogy.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CoCo;1830133 said:
Very nice analogy.

Yes it was.

I really dont want to get into it anymore about parcells, there are some people here who are so stubborn and ignorant....

anyway, finding players outside of the first round was a knack parcells has had and had here that was extremely important.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1829223 said:
Yes, and besides Romo and revamping the Scouting Department, this is without a doubt the biggest asset that Parcells brought to the table, humbling Jerry Jones and having enough skins on the wall to challenge Jerry Jones on key decisions.

IMO, that was one of the biggest problems we had, Jerry was just way out of control.

BS!!! BP wanted Spears and not Ware. Didnt want TO. Yes BP is a genius. Besides Gibbs, the most overrated coach ever.

Oh, and Carpenter is a stud.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1829080 said:
... but the baton was on the ground in the bushes when Parcells got here.

...the baton was duct taped to the back of Campo's shirt and he was whining for someone to get it off his back or he would tell the teacher.

Sort of like a "kick me" sign.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Bill Parcels gets credit for building the team we all know that, but in my opinion he gets no credit on what the team has accomplish this season, reason is because he quit on the team.
Look at last years San Diego Chargers 14-2 under Coach Schottenheimer, 8-5 this year under Coach Turner. Turner has the same team and not a very good season.
Wade Philips has done an incredible job with this team, just because you have all the pieces together doesn't make you a successful team.
[SIZE=-1]Remember what Parcells said: "You are what your record is."
Bill [/SIZE]9-7 last year - Wade 12-1 this year.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
dozin@theknick;1830166 said:
BS!!! BP wanted Spears and not Ware. Didnt want TO. Yes BP is a genius. Besides Gibbs, the most overrated coach ever.

I'm just curious of your source here.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
djtavo;1830235 said:
Bill Parcels gets credit for building the team we all know that, but in my opinion he gets no credit on what the team has accomplish this season, reason is because he quit on the team.
Look at last years San Diego Chargers 14-2 under Coach Schottenheimer, 8-5 this year under Coach Turner. Turner has the same team and not a very good season.
Wade Philips has done an incredible job with this team, just because you have all the pieces together doesn't make you a successful team.
[SIZE=-1]Remember what Parcells said: "You are what your record is."
Bill [/SIZE]9-7 last year - Wade 12-1 this year.

I'll kinda have to agree with you. I did say Wade and Garrett deserve credit for the 12-1. I also don't think Parcels play calling was all that. Parcels basically quit because of Tony Romo's botched field goal fiasco. When that happened, I knew he was going to retire. I think he would be here if it wasn't for that. I guess we are better off for that heartbreaker. ;) I wouldn't quite put what you said so harshly though: I like parcels.

kbman

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1829122 said:
BP basically had the same roster that is 12-1 now.......he bought some of the groceries, but couldn't figure out how to turn the stove on.

:lmao:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1829796 said:
You're praising BP for his personnel decisions, but BP had the cap space and decision making authority that the others didn't. And yet, just like Gailey he was 2 games over .500 with two palyoff losses. Genious!

I think you be owned saca.
:D

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1830317 said:
I think you be owned saca.

The Genious! doesn't bother you? Thats actually 1 typo I can't stand lol

And no, I am not stalking you... unfortunately we seem to browse this place at the same time :cool:

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Hostile;1829711 said:
Parcells contributed to this roster. Thank you Bill.

Parcells is gone now. Goodbye and good riddance.

I've moved on.
:hammer:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
smarta5150;1830318 said:
The Genious! doesn't bother you? Thats actually 1 typo I can't stand lol

And no, I am not stalking you... unfortunately we seem to browse this place at the same time :cool:

I will let it slide this one time, seeing as how you seem a bit discombobulated.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
smarta5150;1830327 said:
I was talking about the above post you replied to.

You come in here looking for grammatical errors?

Wow, I'm almost certain that the majority of the members here come to discuss Dallas Cowboys football, grammatical errors be damned.;)

Genious!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
dozin@theknick;1830166 said:

This post is just dumb.

So I guess you forgot about the drafts before Parcells got here?

Show me a GM/Coach in the NFL who hasn't missed on a player.

Furthermore, the jury is still out on Bobby Carpenter.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1830499 said:
This post is just dumb.

So I guess you forgot about the drafts before Parcells got here?

Show me a GM/Coach in the NFL who hasn't missed on a player.

Furthermore, the jury is still out on Bobby Carpenter.
Yeah, but the exectutioners in here have chopped his head off.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Hostile;1830536 said:
Yeah, but the exectutioners in here have chopped his head off.

Of course, its the Chicken Fried Nation :laugh2:

I know it is a "what have you done lately" league, but Carpenter was one of the few bright spots in the defense last year.

One can look at it from several different angles:

1. He was a wasted pick

2. At least we have depth at that position

3. This team is so good that 1st Round picks are not a lock to start

superpunk

Reaction score
Adam Schefter was on Shemon and J-Dub's show, and they asked who he thought was most responsible for the Cowboys improvement. He said "Tony Romo" without hesitation, and then recapped the Cowboys search for Aikman's successor. Then, he said if you want to dish out some credit for that, dish it to Sean Payton, who had alot to do with signing Romo.