Twitter: Highest Rate of Pass-Catchers Considered Open or Wide Open During the 2021-22 Season

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw the offensive line suck and grade out the worst its been all year. How can the offensive line grade out the worst it has all season but not be a issue?
I never said wasn't, but is it possible that part of the reason is because Dak holds onto the ball too long?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The 9ers were doing to Dak what the rams did to Kyler through 3 quarters. How much of what Dak did was when his team was down by 3 possessions? Matt opened the game by going for the throat, that tells a much better story than Dak’s 4th quarter too little too late barrage.

Stafford’s numbers were low because he had already buried them by halftime. He attempted 9 second half passes… that’s sophistry and you know it.
That's my point though...you're giving Stafford credit for "burying" them when the Rams defense made Kyler look like a child. That's not Stafford's doing.....also didn't Stafford lose to the 49ers TWICE this year lol?

And when I discuss Dak i'm referencing more so of what I think his ceiling is...if Dak's ceiling is how he played against the 49ers then yeah i'm not really taking that over anyone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never said wasn't, but is it possible that part of the reason is because Dak holds onto the ball too long?
Well it depends...is he holding on to the ball when its 2nd and 20 after the offensive line gets called for a holding penalty? Seems like the offense would flow well until a penalty is called.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That's my point though...you're giving Stafford credit for "burying" them when the Rams defense made Kyler look like a child. That's not Stafford's doing.....also didn't Stafford lose to the 49ers TWICE this year lol?

And when I discuss Dak i'm referencing more so of what I think his ceiling is...if Dak's ceiling is how he played against the 49ers then yeah i'm not really taking that over anyone.

Im giving the lack of Stafford’s stats a reason because it was over by halftime. He wouldn’t have stopped there if he didn’t need to. Regardless of what his D did, he was killing it until he didn’t have to.

Im not a woulda/coulda/shoulda type person. Dak is exactly who he is until he proves he isn’t. As is Stafford. Stafford had the better regular season. Stafford was the best thing that ever happened to Detroit, no one wanted to see him leave. How many fans will be sad if Dak leaves Dallas? 100%? 50%? Less?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im giving the lack of Stafford’s stats a reason because it was over by halftime. He wouldn’t have stopped there if he didn’t need to. Regardless of what his D did, he was killing it until he didn’t have to.

Im not a woulda/coulda/shoulda type person. Dak is exactly who he is until he proves he isn’t. As is Stafford. Stafford had the better regular season. Stafford was the best thing that ever happened to Detroit, no one wanted to see him leave. How many fans will be sad if Dak leaves Dallas? 100%? 50%? Less?
You're still missing my point. The Rams defense shut down Kyler. Yes or no? Or are we giving Stafford credit for that too?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is not Moore’s fault that Dak can not see open WRs. It is time to start holding the players accountable.
Its Moore's fault that he doesn't know his players weaknesses......take it up with Amari Cooper he's the one who crapped on the offense not me.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You're still missing my point. The Rams defense shut down Kyler. Yes or no? Or are we giving Stafford credit for that too?

Yes 100%. Slightly more than how SF shut down Dak. If they hadn’t, Stafford and Kyler would have been in a shootout and Matt’s numbers would have been bonkers

Steve007

Reaction score
You are misunderstanding me.....He isn't on a lifetime deal...his contract is up either after this year or the next...and when its up i'm asking you do you think he will still make the same salary that he makes now? Not sure what's so difficult about what i'm asking?
He will get a bigger contract, but you don't know how much. We know Daks contract is way too much. Dak will really eat into the cap starting next year. That would be OK if he can carry a team with less talent, but he can't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He will get a bigger contract, but you don't know how much. We know Daks contract is way too much. Dak will really eat into the cap starting next year. That would be OK if he can carry a team with less talent, but he can't.
Every time a good QB comes up they get more than the guy before them. My point is...Stafford isn't signing for 20 million lol.....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So if you acknowledge this why do you keep saying what Stafford "did" as if he didn't get help?

Because if the score was 3-3 at halftime, it’s a completely different ballgame. What they did to Kyler is meaningless if Matt Stafford didn’t capitalize.

Are you in insinuating by joining this conversation that you don’t think Matt had a better game than Dak?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because if the score was 3-3 at halftime, it’s a completely different ballgame. What they did to Kyler is meaningless if Matt Stafford didn’t capitalize.

Are you in insinuating by joining this conversation that you don’t think Matt had a better game than Dak?

No YOU said Stafford dominated a team that Dak struggled with. I'm telling you Dak's defense didn't show up nearly as well as Stafford's did....Rams didn't want to get into a shootout with the Cardinals.....it would've ended terribly.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No YOU said Stafford dominated a team that Dak struggled with. I'm telling you Dak's defense didn't show up nearly as well as Stafford's did....Rams didn't want to get into a shootout with the Cardinals.....it would've ended terribly.

Why would it have ended terrible? They were going up and down the field with ease against ARI’s defense. They eased up in the second half because it would have been disrespectful to keep pounding them, and they chose to run out the clock. The same defense Dak looked… not good against.

Whether or not Dak’s defense doesn’t show up isn’t an excuse to Dak to not show up either. Is that what you think happened against SF too?

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
It kills me when you guys say this..so the Cowboys were the only one who benefited from playing bad teams lol? That can't be right because there's only really about 5 good teams out there to begin with.

No, my point is that the offense really isnt number 1, or even top 5, and the proof of that is how they looked against good defenses. A TRUE #1 offense would put up yards and points against any defense, not just ****** ones. I dont understand people who try and argue otherwise lol so what are you trying to say, that they accomplished something bc they put up yards against bad defenses?? If you want a medal for worthless statistics and an inflated ranking of number 1, then go ahead and take it. I on the other hand choose to pass on giving this offense any compliments whatsoever because they honestly looked like one of the worst offenses in the league from week 10 onwards, including that travesty of a playoff game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why would it have ended terrible? They were going up and down the field with ease against ARI’s defense. They eased up in the second half because it would have been disrespectful to keep pounding them, and they chose to run out the clock. The same defense Dak looked… not good against.

Whether or not Dak’s defense doesn’t show up isn’t an excuse to Dak to not show up either. Is that what you think happened against SF too?
Because if i'm McVey I don't want to see Stafford in a shootout......