Twitter: Highest Rate of Pass-Catchers Considered Open or Wide Open During the 2021-22 Season

locked&loaded

Reaction score
But if the WRs are open, and the QB just isn't getting the ball to them, how do you blame the OC for that? Seems like he called plays that did what they're supposed to do, which is give the QB someone to throw to.

This is pass catchers, not route runners. Our guys were not open on 48.2% of routes. They were open when they caught the ball. Which doesn't really prove anything in itself. Can our guys not get open regularly and only get receptions when open, thus skewing the data? Can our guys not catch contested balls? Is dak not taking enough risks? Can dak only complete passes to open wrs?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cmon now man. Outside of bs stats, mostly collected against **** teams, did you really see an offense that looked like the “number one offense” in the NFL??? If you say yes, you’re either lying to yourself, in denial, or don’t know a thing about football. In a show of kindness, will lean towards the former two.
It kills me when you guys say this..so the Cowboys were the only one who benefited from playing bad teams lol? That can't be right because there's only really about 5 good teams out there to begin with.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is he really scheming them open though? We are going to give Cooper and Lamb getting open credit to Moore "scheming" them open?
Well, they are running the plays Moore is giving them, so yeah, I think we have to consider them to be schemed open.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Only one man to blame here…Dakota Rayne. Smfh. What a ******* waste of money. The worst part is this part of the game is unfixable. You can teach and practice mechanics, but you cannot teach or practice how to instinctually read and breakdown a defense. Dak so obviously struggles with different pre vs post snap looks and is the worst “upper echelon” QB I’ve ever seen in regards to anticipation and throwing to a guy before they break open. Until that improves, we better hope and pray that this OL gets fixed and either Zeke miraculously returns to form or Pollard and a rookie RB can take over bc this offense will STRUUGGGGGLLLLE if it has to rely on Prescott to carry them on his shoulders. Simply put- he cannot do it.
BINGO!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is pass catchers, not route runners. Our guys were not open on 48.2% of routes. They were open when they caught the ball. Which doesn't really prove anything in itself. Can our guys not get open regularly and only get receptions when open, thus skewing the data? Can our guys not catch contested balls? Is dak not taking enough risks? Can dak only complete passes to open wrs?
I saw guys open when Dak had opportunity to throw to them, but didn't. I also saw some drops, and some bad throws. I'm not blaming the while game on Dak, but he's not good enough to put the team on his shoulders. Hell, he wasn't even good enough to push the team on a tricycle on Sunday.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Oooffff.

Now it's PFF and I take their stats with big grains of salt but even during the telecast Sunday, Romo was trying to be diplomatic but you could tell he was itching to continually point out the guys Dak was missing who were open.

The thing with Dak is there was a point in time when he was too aggressive. Like in that Tampa Bay game, he was taking chances on throws that were risky. But somewhere along the line this season, he seemed to regress, often taking the quick dump off, etc.

People that have watched the All 22, especially over the 2nd half the season, have noted he seems to be missing guys way more than he ever did.

I noted that too.

Dak is trying to avoid being Tony Romo and Brett Favre. Problem is he really doesn't have their talent so he can't overcome being a gunslinger. For all their flaws as risk takers, Romo and Favre also had enough courage to shake off their faults. But they both were turnover machines.

kumizi

Reaction score
Well yeah, that includes all the crappy NFC EAST teams we played. That's why the offense had great numbers over the entire season.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Every single one of them has a OC better than Kellen Moore lol....their OC's aren't learning on the fly.
so the OC had nothing to do with the plays and when they were called that got those WRs open??? Sure... keep defending the 40 million dollar man.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well i'd dig into why isn't the quarterback able to get guys the ball? I mean he's a professional QB right? So to me if a QB can't get "open" guys the football that means their's a protection issue. If it takes a receiver 4 seconds to get open but Dak has running by the time 2 or 3 seconds comes what should he do just throw it and pray for the best?
Come on, brother, you must've seen Dak hold onto the ball when he had open receivers. He's scared or blind.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Only one man to blame here…Dakota Rayne. Smfh. What a ******* waste of money. The worst part is this part of the game is unfixable. You can teach and practice mechanics, but you cannot teach or practice how to instinctually read and breakdown a defense. Dak so obviously struggles with different pre vs post snap looks and is the worst “upper echelon” QB I’ve ever seen in regards to anticipation and throwing to a guy before they break open. Until that improves, we better hope and pray that this OL gets fixed and either Zeke miraculously returns to form or Pollard and a rookie RB can take over bc this offense will STRUUGGGGGLLLLE if it has to rely on Prescott to carry them on his shoulders. Simply put- he cannot do it.

Yep!
But a new year will bring "Dak's gotten better."
It's year SIX.
If you don't have it now, it likely you're not ever going to get it.

Creeper

Reaction score
Be that as it may...he surely isn't our worst corner that's for sure.

Against the 49ers, he was definitely the worst just slightly behind Lewis. Brown probably had the best day of all the CBs.

Not much talk about it but Kittle had only 1 catch for 18 yards on 3 targets Sunday. Whoever was responsible for him did a fantastic job. Even Deebo only had 3 catches for 38 yards. Other than that TD run after the INT the Cowboys held both players in check most of the game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
so the OC had nothing to do with the plays and when they were called that got those WRs open??? Sure... keep defending the 40 million dollar man.
I don't know what he did...all I know is I see how every other team plays their best players and its night and day to what we do.....look at how they use Deebo Samuel and look at how we use Cee Dee Lamb who came into this league known as a run after the catch type guy. Its embarrassing and you guys defending Kellen Moore are just as embarrassing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep!
It's year SIX.
Matthew Stafford just won his 1st playoff game at 33 years old.....I guess it sounds good in theory to think quarterbacks don't get better by year 6 but its just completely false.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep!
It's year SIX.
I thought he made it past the wall, but I was wrong. He has the tools to be a very good QB, he just doesn't seem to have the mindset. Maybe a sports psychologist can help him?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It kills me when you guys say this..so the Cowboys were the only one who benefited from playing bad teams lol? That can't be right because there's only really about 5 good teams out there to begin with.

Are Denver, LAR, AZ and SF among those 5 teams?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know what he did...all I know is I see how every other team plays their best players and its night and day to what we do.....look at how they use Deebo Samuel and look at how we use Cee Dee Lamb who came into this league known as a run after the catch type guy. Its embarrassing and you guys defending Kellen Moore are just as embarrassing.
CeeDee has great runs after the catch when he's hit in stride.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Come on, brother, you must've seen Dak hold onto the ball when he had open receivers. He's scared or blind.
I saw the offensive line suck and grade out the worst its been all year. How can the offensive line grade out the worst it has all season but not be a issue?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I been saying that since pre-season and last year....all play designs are good and work in theory. what sets apart good OCs vs. just been there OCs is the play call and game management on game day. what route combinations do they use to create mismatches, how they call the game to keep the defense guessing, what formations do they use to confuse the defense. those matter the most, than just the play design....Moore lacks that. he didn't have it last year. he learned and got better. he has tendencies and I said it before, give enough film to NFL DCs and they will figure out your weakness and tendencies. its how you adjust that sets you apart. Moore never adjusted. his player combinations were not good. he under utilized Pollard. he abandoned the run. he never adjusted the play scheme to the players he had on the OL, where Williams and Biadasz are more suited to be zone blocking linemen. he abandoned the runs to the outside. he panicked.