Hilarious that the Cowboys keep throwing money at the offense

blueblood70

Reaction score
Actually they ignored key pieces of the offense for the majority of the time he was here.

We had a terrible offensive line that couldn't pass block.
actually it seemed that way but those horrible Trades for WR RoyWilliams and Joey Galloway plus OVERpaying Barber and Julius/FelixJones too early, Austin etc i could go on an on .

they built the line with expensive FAs and it ended up blowing caps and drafts for years..we are seemingly finally recovering from those moves and making better decisions..

Galian Beast

Reaction score
actually it seemed that way but those horrible Trades for WR RoyWilliams and Joey Galloway plus OVERpaying Barber and Julius/FelixJones too early, Austin etc i could go on an on .

they built the line with expensive FAs and it ended up blowing caps and drafts for years..we are seemingly finally recovering from those moves and making better decisions..

You're looking at a pretty large stretch and equating it with a much smaller one.

The Joey Galloway trade was in like 2000.

The Roy Williams trade was pretty foolish and what is worse is they could have probably got Anquan Boldin for less.

They overpaid for Barber and Austin, but I don't recall them overpaying either Jones. But the worst mistake they made at running back was not getting Steven Jackson when they had the opportunity.

Leonard Davis wasn't expensive and neither was Marc Columbo. Both were brought in because they were at one point considered busts. Andre Gurode was an overrated player that we eventually overpaid. Most importantly though the line could never pass block.

Romo made all of these receivers look better as well. From Miles Austin to Patrick Crayton to Laurent Robinson.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Remind me again, how much money is committed to the DL for next season now?

Please see any evidence where I suggested franchising a player with a bunch of red flags was a great idea.

They aren't spending wisely nor are they diversifying their risks. Worse is they still have huge holes around the defense.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
We already have one of the most expensive offenses in the NFL, and we're just getting more expensive while the defense continues to work with less.

Anything to attempt and make Garrett look like he has something of value to bring to the table.

The reality, however, is that unless they get rid of a current receiver, we're just seeing fewer snaps for one or all of them, making everyone less valuable. I might just skip this season...

Bye.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They have always paid offense more than defense.

Can't argue with the results. Another winning season in 2017 thanks to that impressive shut out of the eventual SB champs.:thumbup:

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
A lot of talent at s and dt remains unsigned, so it's still possible deals get done as we move closer to the draft. To me Bowman should be priortized next in free agency then monitor the s and dt market. Perhaps a trade for Earl Thomas still gets done on draft day.

Zordon

Reaction score
We already have one of the most expensive offenses in the NFL, and we're just getting more expensive while the defense continues to work with less.

Anything to attempt and make Garrett look like he has something of value to bring to the table.

The reality, however, is that unless they get rid of a current receiver, we're just seeing fewer snaps for one or all of them, making everyone less valuable. I might just skip this season...
this franchise top to bottom does not take defense seriously. even the fanbase is addicted to offense. it's sickening man. but with Garrett at the helm and Linehan gaining more power and a franchise/fanbase fascinated by stars, it's not surprising. i just wish marinelli would speak up on his unit's behalf. he seems content coaching just to coach not coaching to win anymore. constantly taking scraps in free agency and the draft, geez man speak up and defend yourself. they are shifting all of these resources to make garrett look good. can't wait till his privileged *** is gone.

visionary

Reaction score
Or maybe there wasn't many big names in free agency that filled their defensive needs without overpaying?

Look at the list this year of defensive free agents. Aside from a few names, it was far from intriguing. I hate to see Hitchens go, but I don't blame them for being unwilling to pay Hitch what KC is. Hitchens isn't THAT good.

Also think of names that are left. The only one I keep hearing repetitively is Bowman, and he's lost a step. Wouldn't complain if they signed him, but he's no longer a game changer, just a stopgap.

Patience. I'd be shocked if Dallas didn't go D twice in the first three rounds, at least. There is a bunch of depth on D in this draft, and I think they know it.

You use FA to address needs abd GI into the draft looking for BPA

Also, we don't need big names but we need players at critical positions including 1T DT MLB and 2 safeties. Can't count in the draft to fill all those

There are good players available in FA at those positions even now

We need to stop making excuses for an incompetent FO

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Please do. You're negativity doesn't help anyone.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Silly premise. The offense was the problem at the end of the year. We added inexpensive and needed help at wr and critical OL needs without expending draft capital.

The defensive help in FA was exorbitant, so we will address the defense in the draft. I think this approach this off season has made perfect sense