Hilarious that the Cowboys keep throwing money at the offense

Rayman70

Reaction score
25th in the league is not bad?? Really?

Or are you one of those people who judge a defense's performance solely based off total yards given up?
no....it was a product of the offense we had missing a stud RB for 6 games and our oline that couldn't do much. Our defense was left out on the field way too much...hence the deceiving stat/ranking you just posted. We couldn't control clock...

Rayman70

Reaction score
But I do agree we got to improve the dline. Its weakest in the middle and has been for many years.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
we should be trying to build our dline with quality passrushers. Look at the eagles and how the giants got to the superbowl and win the superbowl. Passrush. We are not going to do it by outsmarting the other team with gameplanning so lets just try to disrupt offenses and force them to make mistakes.

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
no....it was a product of the offense we had missing a stud RB for 6 games and our oline that couldn't do much. Our defense was left out on the field way too much...hence the deceiving stat/ranking you just posted. We couldn't control clock...

No, actually the deceiving stat is our total defensive ranking (by yards allowed) which was 8th in the league. If you just look at that you would assume that our defense was actually pretty good last year.

DVOA considers everything, including the situation of how much they are on the field...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm glad about the moves actually. I think they free us up to go heavy on defense. These are the kinds of moves I was hoping for.

Aven8

Reaction score
We already have one of the most expensive offenses in the NFL, and we're just getting more expensive while the defense continues to work with less.

Anything to attempt and make Garrett look like he has something of value to bring to the table.

The reality, however, is that unless they get rid of a current receiver, we're just seeing fewer snaps for one or all of them, making everyone less valuable. I might just skip this season...

But but, Marinelli is lousy......Smh......

Dude has done more with less than any coach I've ever seen. But he doesn't blitz so it's all his fault!

gmoney112

Reaction score
The franchise tag on Lawrence is more expensive than all of our offensive signings combined lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
The cowboys spent far more money on defensive free agents, than they have offensive free agents.

/thread.

cern

Reaction score
it appears the game plan is to draft heavily on defense, just like last year.

vaturkey

Reaction score
I see with the exception of a running back in the late rounds that defense will be the predominate theme. The only way we draft offense is if that guard from UTEP is still there at 19. He is a beast. If he isn't there its the highest rated defensive player on the board. I hope that Lamar Jackson is still on the board at 19 and we can trade down and grab another high pick or two. I wouldn't be surprised in Pittsburg tries to move up to select Jackson to groom him to replace Rothersberger.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
We already have one of the most expensive offenses in the NFL, and we're just getting more expensive while the defense continues to work with less.

Anything to attempt and make Garrett look like he has something of value to bring to the table.

The reality, however, is that unless they get rid of a current receiver, we're just seeing fewer snaps for one or all of them, making everyone less valuable. I might just skip this season...

throwing money at the offense, allows us to draft more young defensive players, no?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I always laugh at posters who say they're going to "skip the season" or "I'm done with this team if "X" happens". Here's a few hints to those that feel the need to notify the board that they no longer have a use for the team:
1. It's football. It's really not that serious.
2. If you're going to leave, just leave. In all honesty there's not a single person on this board (or the rest of the universe, really) that gives two *****.
3. No one is going to beg you to stay. So your pathetic public announcement and cry for attention is a waste of your (and everyone else') time.
4. If you want a eulogy of your fan hood. Sit down, grab a pen, write it out, and promptly flush it down the toilet. It's useless anywhere else on the planet.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

Expensive doesn't equal good.......how many quarters did we go at one point without a TD?......even with Super Dez?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I feel like I watched different games last season than a lot of people on this board.

The offense clearly needed an infusion of talent at WR and help on the offensive line.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
as i stated a few weeks ago, use Fa to fill the offense, draft for defense.