CFZ Historic Meltdown

RD21

Reaction score
Not so fun fact: Until yesterday the Dallas Cowboys were 195-0 when leading by 14 or more pts going into the fourth quarter. Make that 195-1. THAT was an historic meltdown to a team that was reeling.

Honestly- There is plenty of blame to go around for this loss:
  • Dak was awful at times yesterday. Poor decisions, inaccurate throws. Not a good day for #4.
  • Receivers were lazy on multiple routes- Cedee Lamb and Dalton Schultz practically ran the same route on Dak’s first INT. Lamb’s route running is sloppy.
  • It’s Kellen Moore’s 4th season as OC. Yesterday he looked like a rookie OC again. The Cowboys ran the ball well but did not stick with it at critical moments.
  • Penalties…again. The Tolbert penalty was pee wee football stupid. Lining up offsides is stupid for a defensive player- BUT for a WR??? Inexcusable. And stupid penalties overall were once again a central cause for a loss. Donovan Wilson’s mindless hit out of bounds…Just stupid.
  • The team’s supposed strength- the Defense- cannot stop the run. Period. And then there’s the poor tackling.
Yesterday’s loss probably cost them any shot at the division. The season is far from over. Eight games are left. This team still has plenty of chances to do something. But when you see the same old problems over and over…it makes it harder to believe in this entire organization.
McCarthy & Moore both suck in my opinion. Undisciplined, & too easy to read.

No excuse for not kicking the field goal in overtime. Even with the let down, & everything leading up to it, that decision alone was unforgivable. With all things considered, we STILL could've/should've left GB with a W. I'll even add, if you absolutely must go for it there (which we didn't have to), you have to run a play that gets the first, period. Another example of Kellen Moore trying to get cute, & proving he's a terrible OC.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not so fun fact: Until yesterday the Dallas Cowboys were 195-0 when leading by 14 or more pts going into the fourth quarter. Make that 195-1. THAT was an historic meltdown to a team that was reeling.

• Dak was awful at times yesterday. Poor decisions, inaccurate throws. Not a good day for #4.
  • Receivers were lazy on multiple routes- Cedee Lamb and Dalton Schultz practically ran the same route on Dak’s first INT. Lamb’s route running is sloppy.
  • It’s Kellen Moore’s 4th season as OC. Yesterday he looked like a rookie OC again. The Cowboys ran the ball well but did not stick with it at critical moments.
  • Penalties…again. The Tolbert penalty was pee wee football stupid. Lining up offsides is stupid for a defensive player- BUT for a WR??? Inexcusable. And stupid penalties overall were once again a central cause for a loss. Donovan Wilson’s mindless hit out of bounds…Just stupid.
  • The team’s supposed strength- the Defense- cannot stop the run. Period. And then there’s the poor tackling.
Yesterday’s loss probably cost them any shot at the division. The season is far from over. Eight games are left. This team still has plenty of chances to do something. But when you see the same old problems over and over…it makes it harder to believe in this entire organization.

When I saw the 195-0 stat I couldn't believe it. I remember blowing a 26-3 halftime lead versus Matt Flynn (same dang team), but that game was 29-17 starting the 4th quarter before ending in a 36-37 loss at Jerryworld in 2013.

It's frustrating to see a similar pattern emerge. Team starts the season with a loss, goes on a nice run to get to 6-2, then starts looking like prior teams that fell short - dumb penalties, turnovers, giving up big plays in the passing game, inability to stop the run, and questionable coaching decisions.

The names change (except at the top), but too many seasons look like others that came before them. Garrett or McCarthy, Dak or Romo, Parsons or DWare, Dez or Ceedee, we've seen all of this stuff before and we know how it ends. Could this year be different? Sure. Do I think it will be? I'll believe it only if I see it.

75boyz

Reaction score
When I saw the 195-0 stat I couldn't believe it. I remember blowing a 26-3 halftime lead versus Matt Flynn (same dang team), but that game was 29-17 starting the 4th quarter before ending in a 36-37 loss at Jerryworld in 2013.

It's frustrating to see a similar pattern emerge. Team starts the season with a loss, goes on a nice run to get to 6-2, then starts looking like prior teams that fell short - dumb penalties, turnovers, giving up big plays in the passing game, inability to stop the run, and questionable coaching decisions.

The names change (except at the top), but too many seasons look like others that came before them. Garrett or McCarthy, Dak or Romo, Parsons or DWare, Dez or Ceedee, we've seen all of this stuff before and we know how it ends. Could this year be different? Sure. Do I think it will be? I'll believe it only if I see it.

Great post.

Praxit

Reaction score
..with this loss, earning some type of seed should be the goal.

I think they have head room for maybe 2 more losses. One would be great.

Surely doubt they run the table.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
..with this loss, earning some type of seed should be the goal.

I think they have head room for maybe 2 more losses. One would be great.

Surely doubt they run the table.
Doubt? There is no doubt, only certainty.

Certain losses: Eagles, Vikes, Titans, Giants
Hopeful Wins: Texans (there is no way we are stopping Pierce), Jags, and Commanders (likely a win and your in situation between the Cowboys and Commanders here. Cowboys like always, will Cowboy and lose a must win game. Better for us though so we can get a better draft pick).

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This why I share your belief and so many other frustrated Cowboys fans after the last 27 years of the same old stuff- “I will believe it when it happens.” Not before.

Can this team turn it around and be something of consequence in the playoffs? Of course it’s possible. But again- I’ll believe it when it happens. This organization has been telling us what it is for three decades. Until they prove it otherwise, it’s who they are.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Probably because so many people place all the blame on Dak, when he's not the only problem. This team needs a QB who can carry the team when necessary, and there aren't many who can do that. Sadly, Dak is in the latter group.
Oh . . . I thought it was because they can't bring themselves it criticize him . . . they always gotta make an excuse

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah . . . so . . . Dak is here now and he adores him with all his wittle wittle heart
Your reply to him saying he's a Cowboys fan was clearly expressing doubt that he's telling the truth. The fact that he's been a fan since before Dak came along would seem to poke some big ol' holes in your disbelief.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Your reply to him saying he's a Cowboys fan was clearly expressing doubt that he's telling the truth. The fact that he's been a fan since before Dak came along would seem to poke some big ol' holes in your disbelief.
Since Dak has joined team a certain segment have become delusional about him . . like now for instance . . . Rush gives us the best chance to win going further but Bib would rather have Dak . . The Fact that the team would be better with Cooper proves He prefers the player

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Bob, please give us a week reprieve from your hate. We're hurting right now.

Reckless-Hate-meme.jpg

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Micah played yesterday? I saw a #11 out there, but didn't recognize him.[/QUOTE

Teams have found him out. Run at him. Then chip him on the pass rush. Quinn the great has done nothing to adjust his defense. Once teams get a blueprint on us. It stays because we have NO coaching that is going to adjust to the new blueprint.

lukemartin79

Reaction score

Everything you said was true- and those are all problems that have been going on for awhile now. Since they never get fixed, have to assume that nobody cares to fix them- and we would be foolish to expect that it will get cleaned up. Everyone of those things kills you in the playoffs- you can't win anything with those going on.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Unbelievable loss being up 14 in the 4th. What I find the most concerning is how the defense just completely imploded. It may be unpopular to say this, but the offense played well enough to win yesterday despite all of the misfires. If this team is going to be a serious threat, the defense needs to play like a top 5 unit. If they do not, it's going to be another unceremonious first round exit.

That game was terrible and will leave a bad taste in our mouthes for some time, but if you can find a way to win the next two you are back in business. That is a tall order considering how well the Vikes and Giants are playing but it feels like the season is on the line at this point.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since Dak has joined team a certain segment have become delusional about him . . like now for instance . . . Rush gives us the best chance to win going further but Bib would rather have Dak . . The Fact that the team would be better with Cooper proves He prefers the player
That's nonsense. The team would not be better with Rush, under the same system of offense. Rush wasn't winning, he just wasn't losing. If the coaches would bring the game plan and play calling back closer to what they did for Rush, Dak would do much better.