HOMER ALERT!! (ES Thread)

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
aznhalf said:
Did you check the stats of Westbrook, Pinkston, and Lewis for those games? If memory serves me correctly they were pretty ridiculous.

Go ahead and shift your protection to TO and see what happens. Go ahead and double him the entire game, didn't you lose those games in 04' ?:laugh2:

Why would I need to check the stats for that game. I already knew Owens didn't do anything, which was the point of my post. Mentioning the stats of other players who made plays when Taylor was not assigned to them is pointless. We are talking about Taylor, right?

I guess shifting the point of a conversation isn't new to you. Nice try.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
sacase said:
Yep in the first game McNabb still threw for 4 TD's against you...so yeah Taylor shut down the passing game.

In the second game Pinkston had 99 yards. Pinkston....lol:lmao:

First of all, find a post where I said Taylor shut the passing game down in that game. I said he shut TO down.

Those laughing similies would be more believeable if every poster in this thread wasn't changing the argument to fit their needs.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
We did very well against TO the two times we played them with Springs and ST. I anticipate we play alot of 4-2-5 in passing situations against you. Gregg Williams has hinted that we are playing more corner packages this year in his latest press conference.

We have these things in our favor:

-Taylor can play a safety or CB or LB role
-Archuleta a safety or LB
-Prioleau safety or CB
-3 cover corners who can tackle, therefore blitz
-speed at LB, good for blitzing or coverage
-a DE that can play LB
-DE's that can play DT

Its going to be very interesting strategy wise. Williams schemes show alot of versatility in his use of personnel.

Taylor blows way too many schemes period... He can cover and hit, but does he have a mind to study film... Gangsta rap on him tells me not yet... Maybe he will this year...
Archuleta... Is he healthy yet... very, very injury prone IMO
Who the **** is Prioleau?
3 cover corners who can tackle, blitz... I know Springs is an injury prone cover corner, who the heck are the other 2??? Rogers is a cover corner... snicker!!
Speed at LB, blitzing power... Now I agree on that one... none before
A DE that can play LB... OK on that one...
DTs that can play DE... I guess you're talking about C Griffin???

Your secondary aint jack unless you're talking about Springs or Taylor... Taylor still has to prove he's got the mental game.

The rest is all G Williams scheme.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Funxva said:
See, that's your first problem... You allow "SkinsFan" and "Knowledge" in the same thought.

:nono2:

Of all the league's fans, it seems to me that Skins fans have the least actual football knowledge... Of course, I live in the DC Area, but there are plenty of other fans here also. I can get into a real football debate with about 4 skins fans out of the 100's that I know.

Try living in Denver. These guys talk so much crap, and have such a lack of knowledge it is pathetic.

I ran a little experiment with a bunch of so called Bronco fans.

I told my friend watch this. "We are going to go up to 10 diehard Bronco fans and ask them to name their starting defense from last year." I did this at the office.

8 of them could name no more than 5 defensive starters. Of those 8 six of them named John Mobley who is not been on the team in 2 years.

1 guy got 9 right, and one guy got all of them.

But these same guys will act like they are football gods, and promise every year the Broncos will win the Superbowl.

Maybe it is just because I live here, but I have never witnessed such stupid football fans for the majority than in Denver.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Champsheart said:
Try living in Denver. These guys talk so much crap, and have such a lack of knowledge it is pathetic.

I ran a little experiment with a bunch of so called Bronco fans.

I told my friend watch this. "We are going to go up to 10 diehard Bronco fans and ask them to name their starting defense from last year." I did this at the office.

8 of them could name no more than 5 defensive starters. Of those 8 six of them named John Mobley who is not been on the team in 2 years.

1 guy got 9 right, and one guy got all of them.

But these same guys will act like they are football gods, and promise every year the Broncos will win the Superbowl.

Maybe it is just because I live here, but I have never witnessed such stupid football fans for the majority than in Denver.

Here in Utah, there is a saying that goes, "How come Utah does not have a professional NFL football team"?

The answer is, "Because Denver would want one too"!

I dispise the Broncos because, IMO, they play dirty fooball tactics! Their Olinemen are actually taught how to go for the knees of the defensive players...and they are the only team that plays that way...and the NFL lets them get away with it! :cool:

That's also another reason they can develop good running backs! The freaking defense is trying to protect their knees first! Dirty bastid Broncos!!

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
aardvark said:
Taylor blows way too many schemes period... He can cover and hit, but does he have a mind to study film... Gangsta rap on him tells me not yet... Maybe he will this year...
Archuleta... Is he healthy yet... very, very injury prone IMO
Who the **** is Prioleau?
3 cover corners who can tackle, blitz... I know Springs is an injury prone cover corner, who the heck are the other 2??? Rogers is a cover corner... snicker!!
Speed at LB, blitzing power... Now I agree on that one... none before
A DE that can play LB... OK on that one...
DTs that can play DE... I guess you're talking about C Griffin???

Your secondary aint jack unless you're talking about Springs or Taylor... Taylor still has to prove he's got the mental game.

The rest is all G Williams scheme.

Sean Taylor is not a good football player. He is a great football player. Not only does he hit like a heavyweight fighter, he also chases down plays everywhere. Taylor is rarely out of position. He rarely makes a mistake within his assignment. He will close at an aggressive angle at times given his confidence in his athletic ability. Taylor changes games such that teams fear Taylor. Game plans are altered based on Taylor's availability in a way few safeties have ever had to be accounted for, and this offseason he's actually reporting to off season workouts and OTAs!

The cover corners are Springs, Rogers (1st round draft pick, will develop into a Newman like player), and Wright (started for Jacksonville last year...can definately hold his own against a TE or #3).

Pierson Prioleau is our 3rd safety who comes in during obvious passing situations. He had a really solid year last year.

DEs that can play DT (Renaldo Wynn played DE last year but was primarily a run stopper rather then a blitzer. We are likely to have Carter and Daniels at DE mostly, and Wynn/Salave'a/Griffin/Montgomery rotating at DT to keep things fresh.

sacase

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
First of all, find a post where I said Taylor shut the passing game down in that game. I said he shut TO down.

Those laughing similies would be more believeable if every poster in this thread wasn't changing the argument to fit their needs.

Bill Parcells said it last year. You can take out any one player at any time. You can make him a non factor, the question is who else is going to hurt you. So yes, ANY team can shut down anyone player, but there is a cost to it. Yeah you took TO out of the game plan, however you got ate up for 4TDs in one game and 100 yards by another receiver in the other. In all Honesty Terry Glenn is a legit #1 receiver. He was being doubled a lot last year. If you double TO and you double Glenn who is going to cover Witten? This year, its pick your poison.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RiggoForever said:
Sean Taylor is not a good football player. He is a great football player. Not only does he hit like a heavyweight fighter, he also chases down plays everywhere. Taylor is rarely out of position. He rarely makes a mistake within his assignment. He will close at an aggressive angle at times given his confidence in his athletic ability. Taylor changes games such that teams fear Taylor. Game plans are altered based on Taylor's availability in a way few safeties have ever had to be accounted for, and this offseason he's actually reporting to off season workouts and OTAs!

The cover corners are Springs, Rogers (1st round draft pick, will develop into a Newman like player), and Wright (started for Jacksonville last year...can definately hold his own against a TE or #3).

Pierson Prioleau is our 3rd safety who comes in during obvious passing situations. He had a really solid year last year.

DEs that can play DT (Renaldo Wynn played DE last year but was primarily a run stopper rather then a blitzer. We are likely to have Carter and Daniels at DE mostly, and Wynn/Salave'a/Griffin/Montgomery rotating at DT to keep things fresh.

Yeah, right! :lmao:

And when Sean Taylor does get punked...he spits in your face! :laugh2:

Or, tries to shoot you with a gun...! :lmao2: He fits right in good old D.C., where the murder rate is one of the highest in the nation, or it was at one time...perfect fit!

Here Sean...here Sean...come here, boy...sit! Good boy...

:dissskin:

skinsfunguy

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
hitting - NO WAY! Roy Williams is the hardest hitting safety in the league end of story, ST is after Rodney Harrison if hes lucky.

and Sean Taylor covers like a SS. Roy Williams is solid in coverage like listed 2 posts above me, sean taylor may be better at it. but roy williams is the more rounded S of the 2.

And us Commanders fans are homers??:confused:

sacase

Reaction score
skinsfunguy said:
And us Commanders fans are homers??:confused:

No we don't go around stating that a guy who has not won any honors at all is going to be a HoF player.

potential.jpg

Cowchips

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n said:
bledsoe is a stretch so is Roy, Roy has to play better

If Bledsoe becomes only the 4th player with 50,000 yds he will get in. Especially if he adds another superbowl ring and championship win to his collection.

It always amazes me how people put down his accomplishments. In 2 more years, he will be 4th all time in yardage, 3rd all time in completions, 5th all time in touchdown passes. That's ALL TIME, as in best in history of the game!!

If TO behaves this year, Bledsoe will most likely own all the single season stats for Cowboys QB's the way he does in NE and Buffalo. Being the statistical best on 3 different clubs should also count for something :)

Pokes28

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:

Let me jump in here. Sean Taylor is an amazing athlete. The NFL hasn't seen a FS that is his size/speed ratio - ever. But his athletic skills is what keeps him from showing the weaknesses in his game. He falls for double moves and bites on about every trick play. The thing is that he's damn near fast enough to recover. If he learns to play smarter, he will be the best FS in the NFL. But right now, he's an amazing talent that is getting by on his amazing talent. I really don't know if he's smart enough to take that next step. But at this moment, I would in a heart beat take Sean Taylor on my football team. I don't care if he shoots nuns in his spare time, the kid can play.

As for Rogers developing into a Terrance Newman kind of player. I really don't see this happening. Not because of lack of skill or talent or ability. They aren't built the same way. Rogers is a bigger CB that is more physical and is better in giving run support. Newman gives it his all and he's a good tackler, but he simply doesn't have the load to bring the Rogers does. That is in Rogers' favor however and I think he'll do fine against the big receivers in the league. The NFL is on the trend (and Joe Gibbs is making the Kool-Aid) for smaller receivers due to the focus on contact after 5 yards. Newman proved last year that he can cover the Steve Smith's of the league man up and still get it done against some of the bigger receivers as well. Newman is in a class of his own in the league right now when it comes to coverage. This is because he's probably the fastest CB in pads in the league. Chasing down Randy Moss without an angle last year was proof to me. Newman's rookie year he had a problem that he didn't look back for the ball or he would have had a ton more INTs and thus would have made more of a name for himself. The point of this is that while I think that Rogers is going to be a damn fine CB in the NFL, he's not the same kind of CB that Newman is. If there was a designation between corners like there is safeties, Newman would be more like a FS and Rogers would be more like a SS (just like Henry).

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

TheHustler

Reaction score
I've never thought "Oh no we have to face Sean Taylor" when we play the Skins........

sacase

Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
Let me jump in here. Sean Taylor is an amazing athlete. The NFL hasn't seen a FS that is his size/speed ratio - ever. But his athletic skills is what keeps him from showing the weaknesses in his game. He falls for double moves and bites on about every trick play. The thing is that he's damn near fast enough to recover. If he learns to play smarter, he will be the best FS in the NFL. But right now, he's an amazing talent that is getting by on his amazing talent. I really don't know if he's smart enough to take that next step. But at this moment, I would in a heart beat take Sean Taylor on my football team. I don't care if he shoots nuns in his spare time, the kid can play.

As for Rogers developing into a Terrance Newman kind of player. I really don't see this happening. Not because of lack of skill or talent or ability. They aren't built the same way. Rogers is a bigger CB that is more physical and is better in giving run support. Newman gives it his all and he's a good tackler, but he simply doesn't have the load to bring the Rogers does. That is in Rogers' favor however and I think he'll do fine against the big receivers in the league. The NFL is on the trend (and Joe Gibbs is making the Kool-Aid) for smaller receivers due to the focus on contact after 5 yards. Newman proved last year that he can cover the Steve Smith's of the league man up and still get it done against some of the bigger receivers as well. Newman is in a class of his own in the league right now when it comes to coverage. This is because he's probably the fastest CB in pads in the league. Chasing down Randy Moss without an angle last year was proof to me. Newman's rookie year he had a problem that he didn't look back for the ball or he would have had a ton more INTs and thus would have made more of a name for himself. The point of this is that while I think that Rogers is going to be a damn fine CB in the NFL, he's not the same kind of CB that Newman is. If there was a designation between corners like there is safeties, Newman would be more like a FS and Rogers would be more like a SS (just like Henry).

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Wow T.New is finally getting some love.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
sean taylor does have to atleast make a pro bowl before he gets in the hall.lol

come on now.

he is a great player tho.he and roy are on the same level but me being a cowboy fan i will say roy is better obviously until one or the other separates themselves from the comparison.

and ed reeds one year did not separate anything to me.he is another guy who is on roy and seans level.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Pokes28 said:

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Would you put Newman in the same category as Champ Bailey, Darrell Green, Deion Sanders?

The Cowboys really put Newman on Steve Smith one on one without safety help? I never got to watch this game.

BeWare94

Benched
Reaction score
Funxva said:
We haven't had a good Skins ribbing in a while. And no one loves this more than I.... Well maybe 5 Stars.. but no one else! All I have to say is Bwahaha. :lmao2: :skins: :thumbdo:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155117&page=1&pp=15

Freakin' hysterical.

This guy is an idiot. If he's putting all those guys in the hall and they have only won 1 whopping playoff game he is obviously an idiot.

Marcus Washington? The Hall of Fame? Please. Washington is a good player but good players don't get into Canton. Hell, some great players don't get into Canton. Washington isn't even a top five linebacker today.

Clinton Portis may have a shot but he's got to do something that people notice besides making every weekend in the fall Halloween. He's been noticeably less explosive since leaving Denver and also had trouble staying healthy. Comparing him to Emmitt Smith is ridiculous since Emmitt is a multiple time Super Bowl winner, a former MVP and multiple time rushing champion. Emmitt is the all time leading rusher and as far as I'm concerned the only guy that I'm looking to break his record is LaDainian Tomlinson.

MarK Brunell may one day get into the Hall of Fame...as a Jacksonville Jaguar.

Shawn Springs...see Marcus Washington.

Sean Taylor commands respect? OMFG! Let's see if can command that judge not to sentence him to prison time first. Also I believe that Roy Williams started that recent trend of safeties being taken early.

Cornelius Griffin? I don't have time for this...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
ok i love newman as much as anybody but we did not put him on steve one on one.

NOBODY IN THE NFL can guard steve one on one.there is only one man EVER that could do that and that is DEION SANDERS.not darrell green.

skins fans overrate green like crazy.he is nowhere NEAR deion.u hear me?NOWHERE NEAR HIM.

if i had a dollar for how many times i saw irvin abuse green id be a millionaire.

newman is a top 3 cb in the nfl right now,maybe the best.

the broncos do put champ one on one alot which is why he gets torched so much.i think denver thinks a little too much of ole champ.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Yeah, right! :lmao:

And when Sean Taylor does get punked...he spits in your face! :laugh2:

Or, tries to shoot you with a gun...! :lmao2: He fits right in good old D.C., where the murder rate is one of the highest in the nation, or it was at one time...perfect fit!

Here Sean...here Sean...come here, boy...sit! Good boy...

:dissskin:

Do you ever post anything that makes sense or relevant to the actual discussion? :confused:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pokes28 said:

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

You have just earned three Stars....yup...

:star: :star: :star: