How bad can a QB be

DHCBF66

Reaction score
.... 3 tds over 200 yds by our wr.

100 yds rushing by our rb.

Great defensive effort.

Still this guy knows how to take it to overtime.

I am so fed up.
who was it that threw Cooper the ball for him to get that 200+ yards and 3 TDs?

lukin2006

Reaction score
It seems everytime this team has extra time off, they seem unprepared...and Dak looked Rusty at times...

FTWayne

Reaction score
I guess nobody noticed how back Philly's secondary was and we had to go to overtime to beat them. If it wasn't for the mistakes, this should have been an easy win. Rah Rah.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I guess nobody noticed how back Philly's secondary was and we had to go to overtime to beat them. If it wasn't for the mistakes, this should have been an easy win. Rah Rah.
Or notice how bad our OL was when Dak was looking for receivers beside Cooper and Gallup. And Phillys front line was abusing them. I can make exuses too.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Played well in the 4th and on. That’s when it counted and when it mattered.
Boy do I hate that argument. The reason the 4th quarter "counted" and "mattered" is because the Cowboys didn't put the Eagles away early. I vastly prefer games where the 4th quarter doesn't matter because the other team is out of it.

That doesn't mean you discount what Dak did late. It means that what he did early is just as important as what he did late, and you have to evaluate him on the whole package. Points are points no matter when they get put up.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
.... 3 tds over 200 yds by our wr.

100 yds rushing by our rb.

Great defensive effort.

Still this guy knows how to take it to overtime.

I am so fed up.
How bad can a QB be? I suggest you watch the Commanders game with Sanchez and Josh Johnson. Or any Bills game that Nathan Peterman started. That's how bad a QB can be.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Dak led the nfl in passing this week against the defending super bowl champs and NFC east rival. Yeah he threw a few ints and yeah fumbled, he also threw for 455 and 3TDs and came out the winning QB against Philly Jesus ( Wentz).
Not sure what people expect . It’s crazy the absurd level of hate Dak gets from some of the “ fans” on this board. Shameful.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Or notice how bad our OL was when Dak was looking for receivers beside Cooper and Gallup. And Phillys front line was abusing them. I can make exuses too.
how about dak saying he was scared or in shell shock half of last year and half of this year because of the Atlanta game.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Amen, even Matt Flynn Jimmy G looked good on paper every now and then.

Let me know when Flynn or Jimmy G put it together for a 3 year stretch. Dak is going to have his team in the playoffs 2 of his first 3 seasons. Your post is ridiculous to compare Dak to Matt Flynn. You lose any credibility with that junk. Flynn had one good game is whole career. Then never started again. Jimmy G has accomplished nothing to date and can't even stay on the field.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What a stupid thread

Par for the course from that certain faction. They were indeed hoping for a loss so these threads could have more merit. But they created them anyways and now look foolish. They take a dump on this QB every chance they can get. It eats them up inside we are winning with him.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Unbelievable. A QB throws for 455 yards, in OT chewed up more than 8 of the 10 minutes and never let the eagles even touch the ball and yet the Prescott haters just want to whine about Prescott. I remember a game where Romo threw FIVE picks and the Cowboys still won. Then as now there are people that just can't say they're happy for the win and just want to whine instead. Here's the funny thing, not ha ha funny, all the whining that you do WILL NOT change a thing with the Cowboys and what they do long term with Prescott.

It's pathetic. This board used to be fun to read after wins. Now it's a miserable wasteland with these constant Dak threads from the people with a strong agenda they want to push at every turn on this board. They are miserable people.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
who was it that threw Cooper the ball for him to get that 200+ yards and 3 TDs?

You mean the guy who gets carried thru games by his WR ?

Or the guy who missed Cooper 2 times for sure TDs ? Instead thru 1 INT in the endzone and so cost us 7 points ?

Or Gallup 2 times for TDs. And so cost us some more points ?

Or the guy who played against 3rd stringers in the secondary ? Still need 44 pass attempts to put this game away ? Who thinks this is something to cheer about ?!

You mean that guy who threw a bad pass falling backwards to Cooper which should have been intercepted but out of pure luck and Coopers heads up play we score and win a game in which we should have been buried the eagles after 2 quaters.

To clarify something: I like Prescott. Great leader, great person. But a very very medicore QB talent wise. What ticks me ofd is that alcoholic that plans to give this guy a longterm contract and will so bury all our hopes to win a championship in the future.

This team has championship caliber written all over it. All we need is a good QB.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Or the guy who missed Cooper 2 times for sure TDs ? Instead thru 1 INT in the endzone and so cost us 7 points ?

Or the guy who played against 3rd stringers in the secondary ? Still need 44 pass attempts to put this game away ? Who thinks this is something to cheer about ?!

You mean that guy who threw a bad pass falling backwards to Cooper which should have been intercepted but out of pure luck and Coopers heads up play we score and win a game in which we should have been buried the eagles after 2 quaters.

To clarify something: I like Prescott. Great leader, great person. But a very very medicore QB talent wise. What ticks me ofd is that alcoholic that plans to give this guy a longterm contract and will so bury all our hopes to win a championship in the future.

This team has championship caliber written all over it. All we need is a good QB.

Oh no! Philly has missing players in the secondary! We had an Ol, namely TSmith commit 3 penalties, had ZMartin leave the game, and still no Frederick at center. Every team has injuries, Dallas has had its share this year, are still without Lee and Irving on D

Noclaf

Reaction score

I'm really starting to wonder if he needs a real QB coach, you would think he would start showing improvements in the areas where he needs it. He needs to stop fumbling the damn ball!

landryscorner

Reaction score
Dak led the nfl in passing this week against the defending super bowl champs and NFC east rival. Yeah he threw a few ints and yeah fumbled, he also threw for 455 and 3TDs and came out the winning QB against Philly Jesus ( Wentz).
Not sure what people expect . It’s crazy the absurd level of hate Dak gets from some of the “ fans” on this board. Shameful.
50 pass attempts per game is actually indicative of a bad offense....just saying...very unbalanced and trying to play catch up is not a good strategy.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

So much pettiness in that post.
Every QB in the league benefits from having playmakers, why is Dak bashed for it? Where would Ryan be without Julio, Watson without Hopkins, Wentz without Ertz etc. How about Cousins that has 2 great WRs and a good TE and still has his team sitting at .500? Why not bash Mitch, he's being carried by his defense. I really wonder how many people watch other games and not just the highlights. Dak is not the most talented QB in the league, but he much better than many are willing to give him credit for. He's been trending upward and playing better as has the whole team.

People acting as if Dak is the only one making mistakes or that we're not playing with a very banged up OL with backups in a couple spots. I notice you didn't mention the 2 holding calls in Philly territory that stalled drives. I believe we had 3 sacks negated by penalties to extend Philly drives. One where it would have been 3rd and 27, instead it's 1st and 10 and they score a TD. We had 11 penalties, they declined another. Dak absolutely needs to be better at protecting the ball, but this team as a whole has things to clean up. I noticed that you didn't attribute one of those Gallup overthrows to Gallup who did slow up on the route, before he realized Dak was going his way. Amari as great as he is, dropped a pass that hit him square in the chest.

"who thinks this is something to cheer about?" We won the game, against a hated division rival(in a sweep) and and all but clinched the division title. That sounds like a reason to cheer, assuming you're a fan of this team. The pass that was "pure luck", as Amari explained, the DB was expecting and sitting on that route and waiting. He said he knew he had to play through it and make a play and he did. Dak trusted his playmaker to make a play and we were rewarded. The arguments you made sound identical to the ones that Philly fans are making this week to downplay our win. This is still a very young team and getting better each week. If you can't see the improvement in this team and Dak over the last 5 weeks, then you're just being blinded by your own Dak hate.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
50 pass attempts per game is actually indicative of a bad offense....just saying...very unbalanced and trying to play catch up is not a good strategy.
It would be if that was the norm, but since was his first...... People complained that we couldn't win if we had to throw a lot to win a game and now that he had to do it, people still complaining. It's always better to be more balanced, that's the goal of most teams. Some people are always gonna find a reason to complain when we win and are just waiting for this team to stumble so they can tear it apart to prove how "smart" they were. Some people enjoy that, me, I'm enjoying the wins right now and hope they keep on coming.