How 'Bout Them Rangers

juck

Reaction score
dealing with injuries,and getting crushed hurts but Angels lost again still 8 up.If we can play 500 ball next few weeks we should be fine. baltimore coming up next.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
juck;3501738 said:
dealing with injuries,and getting crushed hurts but Angels lost again still 8 up.If we can play 500 ball next few weeks we should be fine. baltimore coming up next.

I was late getting home from the gym last night. I checked the score on my phone and saw we were down 5-0 and I didn't even attempt to watch it. I was already extremely tired. I just went straight to bed.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
nyc;3501812 said:
I was late getting home from the gym last night. I checked the score on my phone and saw we were down 5-0 and I didn't even attempt to watch it. I was already extremely tired. I just went straight to bed.

You meant to put this on your Twitter account, right?

:muttley:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3501922 said:
You meant to put this on your Twitter account, right?

Twitter is something I still can't figure out why people like it. I can't imagine posting that I'm watching some TV show or taking a leak, much less do I want to know if someone else is doing that.

As I like to tell my wife. Twitter is for twits. :laugh2:

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
nyc;3501937 said:
Twitter is something I still can't figure out why people like it. I can't imagine posting that I'm watching some TV show or taking a leak, much less do I want to know if someone else is doing that.

Ummm??

nyc;3501812 said:

Stautner

Reaction score
juck;3505285 said:
Real fans stand up please

I am a real fan and have been a long time. I'm just starting to get a bad feeling. If everyone could get healthy that would help a lot, but for now we are maintaining a lead based more on the competition sucking than on our success.

dback

Reaction score
Giving up these big innings have been killer. Two of the three games against TB were winnable if not for big innings. I see it as a normal slump. There is no reason to panic and overpitch our starters. We have a nice set relievers that can do the job.

As for hitting, it definitely slowed down over the last few weeks, but will be ok. We have good hitters on this team and they will find their second winds, respectively.

Go Rangers!!!

juck

Reaction score
Got one back today,and Oak is about to lose now if Halos lose we are back to 8 up while rest of team heals.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Just blew the no hitter with one out in the 9th...just out of the reach of elvis glove.

bummer

juck

Reaction score
O well a one hitter u cant complain and most important another W. Halos down 4-0.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
nyc;3511662 said:
Wanna bet! :laugh2:

nothing to complain about from last nights game thats for sure.

The only subtle complaint could be that felix gave up the hit while being up 0-2 in the count.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theebs;3511667 said:
nothing to complain about from last nights game thats for sure.

The only subtle complaint could be that felix gave up the hit while being up 0-2 in the count.

Actually, you've got to give Mauer credit for getting that hit. The pitch wasn't even a strike; it was high and outside. He chased it and was able to put it in play. That wasn't a mistake on Felix part. It was a good pitch that he got Mauer to chase. Mauer is just that good of a hitter. If anyone was going to break it up, I would have expected it to be Mauer.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3511678 said:
Actually, you've got to give Mauer credit for getting that hit. The pitch wasn't even a strike; it was high and outside. He chased it and was able to put it in play. That wasn't a mistake on Felix part. It was a good pitch that he got Mauer to chase. Mauer is just that good of a hitter. If anyone was going to break it up, I would have expected it to be Mauer.

I'm not going to complain too much, and you are right that it wasn't a strike and was good hitting on Mauer's part, but it was way too hittable for the situation. With an 0-2 count the pitch should have been in Mauer's eyes or in the dirt, and the fact that he was protecting a no-hitter should have made that even more obvious. I also noticed that while he had been popping the glove at 98-99 mph, that pitch was clocked at 95.