How 'Bout Them Rangers

Stautner

Reaction score
juck;3516359 said:
Cliff better get his mojo back. I have confidence he will.
Vladdy is back.

He will, Even the best pitchers have less than stellar games. Vlad is looking better, as is Rich Hardin, Cruz will be back Monday, and Kinsler will be back maybe later next week. We've maintained our lead even while struggling a bit, so things should be looking good with everyone getting healty again.

juck

Reaction score
Nellie back tonight. Gotta beat the lowly Royals. Oakland gotta play Yanks. We gotta get a few games back from oak. A's wont go away.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
nyc;3514473 said:
Thats what I was thinking. It seems several of the Stankee fans around here are very hostile towards the Rangers right now. I suppose they are scared. ;) :laugh2:

Why would the Yankees be scared of the Rangers? Is it that mighty 14-23 record against the East?

Somebody has to win the Central and West, which is unfortunate because the best 4 teams in the AL all sit in the East. Put Toronto or Boston in another division and they'd already be selling playoff tickets.

juck

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3521390 said:
Why would the Yankees be scared of the Rangers? Is it that mighty 14-23 record against the East?

Somebody has to win the Central and West, which is unfortunate because the best 4 teams in the AL all sit in the East. Put Toronto or Boston in another division and they'd already be selling playoff tickets.

U may be surprised son.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
juck;3521322 said:
Nellie back tonight. Gotta beat the lowly Royals. Oakland gotta play Yanks. We gotta get a few games back from oak. A's wont go away.

And we're back to 8.5 games up.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rangers have to get these offensive issues taken care of, but man is CJ dominate or what. Another shutout last night.

jimmy40

Reaction score
ATLANTA (AP) - New York Mets outfielder Jeff Francoeur says he's been traded to the Texas Rangers.

The AL West-leading Rangers have been looking for a right-handed
hitter to come off the bench for the final month of the season and
their expected postseason appearance. The deal had to be completed
by Tuesday night in order for Francoeur to be eligible for the
playoff roster.

The teams have yet to officially announce the trade, but the
strong-armed Francoeur said after a 9-2 loss to Atlanta that he's
headed to the Rangers. He says he excited about the chance to be on
a playoff team.

juck

Reaction score
Well that sucked. Cliff Lee sucked again. But the magic number is 23. A's lost.

Stautner

Reaction score
jimmy40;3523685 said:
ATLANTA (AP) - New York Mets outfielder Jeff Francoeur says he's been traded to the Texas Rangers.

The AL West-leading Rangers have been looking for a right-handed
hitter to come off the bench for the final month of the season and
their expected postseason appearance. The deal had to be completed
by Tuesday night in order for Francoeur to be eligible for the
playoff roster.

The teams have yet to officially announce the trade, but the
strong-armed Francoeur said after a 9-2 loss to Atlanta that he's
headed to the Rangers. He says he excited about the chance to be on
a playoff team.

With Moreland playing 1st base couldn't Cantu serve this purpose?

juck

Reaction score
Stautner;3524059 said:
Cantu cannot hit a basketball thrown his way

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;3524059 said:

It's well documented. Cantu Can't Do ****! :laugh2:

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Big Rangers fan here and I have to say that I have high hopes for the post season. As a former member of another board a member brought up that Cliff Lee has pitched well against the Yankees and not against any other team as a Ranger. He said it looks like Cliff Lee doesn't want to be in Texas and he wants to pitch for the Yankees.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Motorbreath;3525449 said:
Big Rangers fan here and I have to say that I have high hopes for the post season. As a former member of another board a member brought up that Cliff Lee has pitched well against the Yankees and not against any other team as a Ranger. He said it looks like Cliff Lee doesn't want to be in Texas and he wants to pitch for the Yankees.

he has been suffering from back strain and pitching through it. he finally gave in yesterday and got a cortizone shot and will make his next start.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Motorbreath;3525449 said:

theebs;3525451 said:
he has been suffering from back strain and pitching through it. he finally gave in yesterday and got a cortizone shot and will make his next start.

If he needs to be shutdown, then they should shut him down. I don't want him pitching if he is injured. Get it fixed now so he is ready for the post season. We can't have him pitching like he is when the post season arrives.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
nyc;3525462 said:
If he needs to be shutdown, then they should shut him down. I don't want him pitching if he is injured. Get it fixed now so he is ready for the post season. We can't have him pitching like he is when the post season arrives.
Exactly my thoughts. Let him skip his next start. Maybe even call up Feldman to see if he learned anything from the minors?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
nyc;3525462 said:

he got the shot yesterday I dont think he needs to be shut down.

Maybe give him 6 days rest for the remainder of the season like the phils did possibly...but I dont think he needs to stop pitching.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Motorbreath;3525467 said:
Exactly my thoughts. Let him skip his next start. Maybe even call up Feldman to see if he learned anything from the minors?

The funny thing about Feldman is there was some mathematical formula out there that predicted Feldman's failure this year and it nailed it to a tee.

It basically said that he doesn't have the makeup to remain a dominate pitcher in the league over the long haul. It was back last year when media talking heads were discussing giving Feldman a long term contract and whoever it was that had the formula was saying don't do it.

I need to see if I can hunt that down again. It was a pretty interesting read.