How can this offense be fixed before our playoff game?

johnboy94

Reaction score
We need to committ to the run early, we seemed to get too pass happy even when we were having success on the ground early. Rod doesn't have much burst or wiggle, let's get Darius some reps this last game. Get Dak running a bit more, some pitch options, a couple designed runs.

I do have some concerns about the defense, these last 2 games teams have been moving the ball too consistently. Barber and Mack both got pretty good yardage on early downs and let them complete too many easy passes. Just looking much softer the last couple games than they did before.
Yeah but don't you think a deep ball to Cooper early would help open the run game up?

johnboy94

Reaction score
We need to committ to the run early, we seemed to get too pass happy even when we were having success on the ground early. Rod doesn't have much burst or wiggle, let's get Darius some reps this last game. Get Dak running a bit more, some pitch options, a couple designed runs.

I do have some concerns about the defense, these last 2 games teams have been moving the ball too consistently. Barber and Mack both got pretty good yardage on early downs and let them complete too many easy passes. Just looking much softer the last couple games than they did before.
Yeah but don't you think a deep ball to Cooper early would help open the run game up?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our offense never found itself. I've been waiting all season.

Yeah, it's taken what should be a true moment for celebration and turned into into a bad of mkxed feelings. Happy that we did what we had to and won the NFC East, but saddened by the fact that this dysfunctional offense will end up costing this team a one-and-done visit once again.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Both Garrett and Linehan come from being OCs. This is their offense. If this offensive philosophy was legit why doesn't get the results it needs? If we need probowlers on every position to make this offense work then why should Dak be criticized for needing talent?

The flaw with this offense it has so little room for flexibility. That's the failure I see with it.

The philosophy is the problem. They don't have the QB for the philosophy they want. Won't run the offense for the QB they have.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I watched the Steelers/ Saints game after our game was over. Man, after watching Brees and Ben throw those dimes it really shows how far Dak has to evolve. My son was watching with me and he stated that Dak can make those throws. I said yeah but not consistently, just every once in a while. When the playoffs start they better come out loose and play like they did against the Saints. Just let it all hang out and go for broke. Get Cooper and Zeke going. I think that Defense is going to be fired up...............

Kaiser

Reaction score
The offense will go as far as the OL takes them. If Martin and Tyron are healthy/healthier for the playoff run it will make a huge difference. Lael Collins may be settling in also, there was an adjustment to getting rid of Paul Alexander and Collins seems to have taken the longest time doing it.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Committing to the run doesn't mean abandoning the pass, establish the run and then take a shot in favorable conditions. Don't get behind in down and distance, the strength of this team is still in the rush. Dak has to use his legs to put pressure on the defense, he has been doing surprisingly little running for being a running QB. Also need to address penalties, they keep killing us.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
So we did it. We made the playoffs. Congrats to our Boys.

I think this defense is legit. The bend don't break philosophy irritates me sometimes, but we have a defense that will allow us to compete with the best teams in the playoffs.

Now the offense, thats a whole other story. What can we do to fix this offense, to avoid being 1 and done again?

Trade for Rodgers.

Or get Montana out of retirement. Well, Favre will do.it.too.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Two weeks to get Romo ready...

Mostly joking, but if he was up for it and in decent shape, I'd be all over it.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dak is extremely risk averse,he won't even attempt tough throws until we are behind and many times it's too late.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Feeding Zeke 40 times is not a plan. If you thought teams were selling out to make Dak pass in the regular season it will be worse in the playoffs.

johnboy94

Reaction score
Committing to the run doesn't mean abandoning the pass, establish the run and then take a shot in favorable conditions. Don't get behind in down and distance, the strength of this team is still in the rush. Dak has to use his legs to put pressure on the defense, he has been doing surprisingly little running for being a running QB. Also need to address penalties, they keep killing us.
Yes! Seems like Dak has a break out game running and next game it's non existent. Feel like alot of those sacks coud be 15 yard runs.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don’t think we can Willie.
We have to hope the defense and Zeke can carry us.

Stranger things have happened in the NFL....

Dak could get hot. Coaches could open it up like we did against Philthy.

We shall see .

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think this defense is legit. The bend don't break philosophy irritates me sometimes, but we have a defense that will allow us to compete with the best teams in the playoffs.

Now the offense, thats a whole other story. What can we do to fix this offense, to avoid being 1 and done again?

# 4 in a playoff game.....hmmm....pray that our defense and Zeke can keep us in it...and PRAY hard!!!!

conner01

Reaction score
I was thinking of that too.

If they actually played Dak, and *really* played him next week, that would be a sign that they're serious about making changes to the offense for the playoffs. They should be.

Most likely, Dak sits and we ride the offensive shitshow into the playoffs.
I hope they learned from last time

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

Two major factors:

1. Linehan is garbage.
2. Dak is steaming pile of poo

For the life of me, I can't understand how the fans still support him. I feel like the Cowboys win is spite of him. All those that say he is a "winner" and gets the job done...how can they ignore his lack of presence and pitiful accuracy. The guy is trash.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
How can you fix something that's not broke? This how this team is designed to win, this is who they are. A methodical O that occasionally scores and a dominant D that keeps the other team from scoring more than our low scoring offense. It is what it is. Garrett not worried about being high powered, just get the job done. :rolleyes: