How Do We Move the Ball Against Pittsburgh?

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2454628 said:
Get Roy Williams involved early in often. The Steelers are a proud bunch who's main goal every game on defense is to take away the big name of the opponents at all costs. They will be very aggressive against Barber and T.O! That will open it up for Roy Williams who will get a lot of single coverage throught the game and he's a very physical receiver that doesnt need a lot of space. Run a lot of outside patterns for Roy some jump balls 1 on 1 and Roy will get the best of whichever CB is on him. in the redzone use those fades. If we win this game IMO it will be because Roy has his breakout game as a Dallas Cowboys receiver! i really dont see us running the ball effectively but that doesnt mean that Red needs to give up on it keep trying because if we do the Steelers i have seen will bite on it on a playaction which can open some plays up as well deep downfield! Oh yea and if any of our receivers catch the ball in the middle of the field get down! lol cause damn do the Steelers deliver some crushing hits in those situations... just ask Welker...

I agree. I think Roy and Witten should be the keys to our passing game this week.

A cold afternoon in Pittsburgh spells a tough, potentially sloppy game, which I think lends to calling on Roy and Witten more than it does TO. TO has been more of a finesse player here, getting tons of yards in chunks but not necessarily making the tough, grinding catches over the middle. Roy and Witten, on the other hand, excel at the sort of thing.

And like you said, we haven't shown enough of Roy for a defense to think "We have to take him away!" This would be a good game for us to capitalize on a defense overlooking Roy, and letting him use his physical nature in a tough setting to grind out yards.

alancdc

Reaction score
Quick slants. Don't understand why GARRETT, who must have seen Aikman to Irvan 1,000 times in his career doesn't run quick slants to RW?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Pitch and catch!

hah No really, Flee Flicker! Troy is a good player, but once he commits to something he over commits. Flee Flicker would smoke him, providing the oline could hold off the d-line long enough to complete the play.

Everson24

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2454279 said:
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

MB3 will chew them up.

I hope he does but the realist in me thinks he will be lucky to get 40 yards rushing against that defense. He did not run well against San Fran and did not look all that great against a bad Seattle defense. If fact Choice looked better running the ball.