How Do We Move the Ball Against Pittsburgh?

Everson24

Reaction score
thebigeasy88;2453852 said:
"Everson24"...seems you really want to beat the Steelers. I have a good buddy that is a Cowboy fan who has a family of Steeler fans. You sound EXACTLY like him.

Do I know you????? Kobe...... :laugh2:
Romo, You know I hate me some Steelers. If we lose I'll never hear the end of it from your good neighbor.:lmao:

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
The answer is elementary my friend. We simply use the greatest array of weapons the NFL has ever seen! Mwaahaahahaaaah!!!

alancdc

Reaction score
Real1st;2453971 said:
We move the ball by dominating the Line of Scrimmage. We will win if we dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball

These next 4 games will not be about X's and O's. It will be pure physical football.

Agree. We win the TO battle and get to Ben and we win this game. They are not unbeatable. They have a real problem scoring points if they don't get TO's. We don't turn it over and we win this game.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Everson24;2453973 said:
Romo, You know I hate me some Steelers. If we lose I'll never hear the end of it from your good neighbor.:lmao:

lol....I'll be shutting my phone off during the game AND kicking my wife out. She's already starting the "Here we go Steelers" crap. You may have to bail me out of jail for wife abuse if she keeps this up :eek:

:thumbup:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sarge;2450593 said:
As cliche as it sounds, we are very capable of beating Pitt. We have to however, avoid turnovers and avoid PENALTIES. If we play a good clean mistake free game, it should be there for us at the end. We can't afford to go to Pitt and make foolish offside penalties etc. Limit the penalties and turnovers, we can certainly win this game as I do believe we are the better team when we are at our best.

Samething I've been saying. Romo cannot have a Buffalo game. And they can't put themselves into too many longs esp from penalties. We will be able to go downfield IMO. If the weather permits.

dozin@theknick;2451535 said:
I think you need to do that at times. It causes other mismatches. Come out with 2 te's and spread them out a few times. Later do the same thing and see if it changes their substitutions and run on them.

I think Bennett's play of late brings a new dimension to this offense that any OC can take advantage of.

We do this now. Motion into and out of the backfield. They have to know when to go and when to stay in and block. I think we'll see this if Bennett can go. He does well from a stance but I'm not certain about his being able to take on a big blitzing LB.

Everson24;2451604 said:
Spreading them out with WR's is what the Patriots have done over the years to neutralize their blitz packages and get their safeties into man on man situations. If we use TE's instead they better be able to get open quick aginst their talented LB's.

This works if your QB can stay upright long enough to get the ball out. I hope they work on the slants and hot reads. I can see them going both ways with two TEs or even three and spreading them out, too.

The Panch;2453780 said:
That's the first thing that came to my mind. If Romo starts with that gun slinger crap and starts trying to press to T.O. to feed his ego, we're in trouble.

That being said, one of the few good things I saw tonight, we're alot of the short intermediate passes that were thrown were successful. All I know is this line better hit a new level of puberty come next Sunday cause they're gonna get after Romo.

Yep. The OL and TE/RBs protecting along with Romo protecting the ball and getting it out will determine this game. We could beat the snot out of them if the OL is stout.

Real1st;2453971 said:
We move the ball by dominating the Line of Scrimmage. We will win if we dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball

These next 4 games will not be about X's and O's. It will be pure physical football.

Pretty much most games but particular one who can pressure and passing offense.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
The Panch;2453780 said:
That's the first thing that came to my mind. If Romo starts with that gun slinger crap and starts trying to press to T.O. to feed his ego, we're in trouble.

That being said, one of the few good things I saw tonight, we're alot of the short intermediate passes that were thrown were successful. All I know is this line better hit a new level of puberty come next Sunday cause they're gonna get after Romo.

Really.. Romo needs to ignore T.O.

The only time he needs to make eye contact with T.O. is if he is Wide open. If Romo goes into this game trying to force T.O. its not a good sign.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Spread them out......ROMO in shotgun....no huddle......two T.E. sets.....with Miles Austin in the slot.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The Cowboys facility at moving the ball depends entirely on weather conditions. If the weather isn't overly detrimental to passing, Dallas will be able to move the ball; no defense in the league can match up with all of the Cowboys weapons.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453957 said:
How are they going to move it our our defense? how are they gonna keep Sackburger upright vs our pass rush? If you've watched all their games as you said, you know their offense is pretty average.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

MB3 will chew them up.

yimyammer

Reaction score
dbair1967;2453957 said:
How are they going to move it our our defense? how are they gonna keep Sackburger upright vs our pass rush? If you've watched all their games as you said, you know their offense is pretty average.

Seems like our D just gives up the short passes and the middle of the field. Both QBs for Seattle and the Niners moved the ball on us and got tons of passing yards. I guess if we continue to stone offenses when the get in the red zone we'll be fine, I'm just not convinced that's possible.

It would be nice if Hamlin and Co could lay some wood this week. Players need to think twice about coming accross the middle of our D

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
we will definitely move the ball against the Steelers...the question is, will we move it forwards or backwards?

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I don't see them scoring much on us unless it's from the defensive side of the ball. A lot of FGs for them. And then all we have to do is continue doing what we do and not give up no matter how hard it is until we've popped enough big plays through. If we go out of game plan, that's when it all goes wrong. That defense can be as good as it wants to be, I don't think it can stop us cold all day.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Everson24;2450288 said:
I've watched every Steelers game this year and let me tell you their defense is for real and it seems to be getting better every week. They remind me of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens somewhat in the fact that they shut down a teams running game and force them to become one dimensional and then send all their exotic blitz packages at the opposing QB. They put a ton of pressure on the O line, RB's and TE's who are often left to block Harrison and Woodley one on one.

I see us trying to establish the run early to no avail and Garrett giving up on it completly in the second half. This will play right into the Steelers hands and it could be a feeding frenzy for their defense.

Anyone have any suggestions that will make me more confident in our ability to move the ball consistently?

The steelers have a good DL.. we need to spread the ball all around.. we need to get barber into the game early, we need screen plays etc... spread them out wide.

MrMom

Reaction score
Oh, how I wish we had Felix for this game, but I won't complain too much.

Pitt has lost Mendenhall and Parker is banged up.

Very similar to our situation.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Did you see the draw play NE ran on them today? They spread them out and ran the draw. They got 2 huge runs out of it. I bet you Jason Garrett saw it. Running yards will be tough to come by, but that is one way to get them. Dallas runs the delayed draw better than anyone I have seen.

Also, I noticed Pittsburgh liked to rush four guys and drop 7 much of the game. I hope they try this with Romo, he will destroy them. Plus, the draws will be coming. We have the weapons to rip their zones apart. A handful of big plays can win this game. Turn overs will be critical. We need to get them and win this part of the game. Sacks and picks, that is what I want.

The Steelers' punter isn't very good. I hope our guy can kick it if we get in trouble. The weather will not be pretty.

I bet you Campo is getting us ready for the bunch sets. We will see them on defense. Light a candle for DeMarcus Ware. I think he will have a monster game if he is ready to go.

They will try to go after Henry deep. Washington and Holmes are deep threats. We can't allow that. We need Mike Jenkins healthy for this game. Mark that down.

If Pacman has a punt return in him this year, this is the week. The blocking isn't very good for Dallas.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Get Roy Williams involved early in often. The Steelers are a proud bunch who's main goal every game on defense is to take away the big name of the opponents at all costs. They will be very aggressive against Barber and T.O! That will open it up for Roy Williams who will get a lot of single coverage throught the game and he's a very physical receiver that doesnt need a lot of space. Run a lot of outside patterns for Roy some jump balls 1 on 1 and Roy will get the best of whichever CB is on him. in the redzone use those fades. If we win this game IMO it will be because Roy has his breakout game as a Dallas Cowboys receiver! i really dont see us running the ball effectively but that doesnt mean that Red needs to give up on it keep trying because if we do the Steelers i have seen will bite on it on a playaction which can open some plays up as well deep downfield! Oh yea and if any of our receivers catch the ball in the middle of the field get down! lol cause damn do the Steelers deliver some crushing hits in those situations... just ask Welker...

thekavorka

Reaction score
yimyammer;2454343 said:
Seems like our D just gives up the short passes and the middle of the field. Both QBs for Seattle and the Niners moved the ball on us and got tons of passing yards. I guess if we continue to stone offenses when the get in the red zone we'll be fine, I'm just not convinced that's possible.

It would be nice if Hamlin and Co could lay some wood this week. Players need to think twice about coming accross the middle of our D

yeah, i think it will come down to redzone defense. Both the niners and seahawks were able to move it down to the redzone but settled for field goals. I don't have confidence that the secondary can prevent the steelers from moving the ball down the field. Just need to force them into kicking field goals.