How Do We Move the Ball Against Pittsburgh?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Everson24;2451604 said:
Spreading them out with WR's is what the Patriots have done over the years to neutralize their blitz packages and get their safeties into man on man situations. If we use TE's instead they better be able to get open quick aginst their talented LB's.

Yes! Absolutely. That was the point of my original concern regarding the 2 TE set.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Eskimo;2451571 said:
I honestly can't remember any team having two TEs as complete as Bennett and Witten. The mismatches these guys will create over the years will make a genius out of Garrett.

If Bennett developes into what he can, he and Witten give the Cowboys offense so many options in the years to come that I could be the OC.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2451776 said:
Yes! Absolutely. That was the point of my original concern regarding the 2 TE set.

But it becomes a case of match ups. If the Steelers decide that the 2 TE set is not a passing threat and keep the base defense in the Cowboys have match up advantages against LB's.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
dozin@theknick;2451778 said:
If Bennett developes into what he can, he and Witten give the Cowboys offense so many options in the years to come that I could be the OC.

so true...

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
dozin@theknick;2451778 said:

Jason Garrett might very well be calling you for ideas in the years to come. He's not terrible, but gosh he doesn't seem very creative at using this team's threats.

Dallas22

Reaction score
If it's just cold (no snow, no rain) then we have a MUCH better shot to win this game. Of course, the Steelers D is one of the best and their fans are loud and annoying... this along with the cold weather will be enough for the Cowboys to deal with trying to win this game but any rain, sleet or snow puts a "damper" on our chances to score enough points to pull out a win.

Boysboy

Reaction score
I only looked at the stats for one Steelers game last night, but the Colts had to throw 40 times in it.

Indy is a team that's usually patient with the run game, but even they had to abandon it. Yeah, they won, but just saying.

I'm going to have to look at the stats for other games to form a broader opinion, but apparently, it's going to be hard to beat them with the run game.

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
We just need our O-Line to be able to buy Romo some time in the pocket and get the ball down field to our play makers
because we have a lot of them on the team
and just let barber do what he does best

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's all about passing downfield against the Steelers. You can't make a living on sustained drives.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
There is a man they say if you give him the ball and block for him he will dominate the opposing defense

his name is Marion the Barbarion.

Everson24

Reaction score
The Steelers just beat the Patriots 33-10. They have only given up 9 points in the third quarter all year. Romo better be extremely carefull with the football and play one of the smartest games of his life.

The Panch

Reaction score
Everson24;2453762 said:
The Steelers just beat the Patriots 33-10. They have only given up 9 points in the third quarter all year. Romo better be extremely carefull with the football and play one of the smartest games of his life.
That's the first thing that came to my mind. If Romo starts with that gun slinger crap and starts trying to press to T.O. to feed his ego, we're in trouble.

That being said, one of the few good things I saw tonight, we're alot of the short intermediate passes that were thrown were successful. All I know is this line better hit a new level of puberty come next Sunday cause they're gonna get after Romo.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
The Panch;2453780 said:
That's the first thing that came to my mind. If Romo starts with that gun slinger crap and starts trying to press to T.O. to feed his ego, we're in trouble.

That being said, one of the few good things I saw tonight, we're alot of the short intermediate passes that were thrown were successful. All I know is this line better hit a new level of puberty come next Sunday cause they're gonna get after Romo.

this is a coming of age game. This is a game that you need to win to take it to the next level.

Everson24

Reaction score
The Panch;2453780 said:

I always worry about forcing the ball to TO too much. In next weeks game it could really hurt us because TO has a tendency to flip the ball into the air when he drops a pass. It seems to me that those loose balls always seem to end up in Troy Polamalu's hands.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
"Everson24"...seems you really want to beat the Steelers. I have a good buddy that is a Cowboy fan who has a family of Steeler fans. You sound EXACTLY like him.

Do I know you????? Kobe...... :laugh2:

alancdc

Reaction score
We can beat their secondary. Ben can be had we have to get pressure. Ben has been killed all year. No running game by they, and we pin our ears back and kick his !*@&#(!*&@#(*@(* . The weak stay home. Get it together and blitz his *U#O@U#)()( back to Ohio.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
alancdc;2453951 said:
We can beat their secondary. Ben can be had we have to get pressure. Ben has been killed all year. No running game by they, and we pin our ears back and kick his !*@&#(!*&@#(*@(* . The weak stay home. Get it together and blitz his *U#O@U#)()( back to Ohio.

All I want is an ugly win...I don't care how we do it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Everson24;2450288 said:
Anyone have any suggestions that will make me more confident in our ability to move the ball consistently?

How are they going to move it our our defense? how are they gonna keep Sackburger upright vs our pass rush? If you've watched all their games as you said, you know their offense is pretty average.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
We petition NFL to allow Cowboys 13 players on offense. This should do it.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
We move the ball by dominating the Line of Scrimmage. We will win if we dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball

These next 4 games will not be about X's and O's. It will be pure physical football.