How good is Dak?

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
At the start of the year, I would have slotted Dak somewhere between 6-10 in terms of a QB ranking. To this point in the ’23 campaign I’d comfortably place him in the top 5.

I think the team has grown in the new offense and their chemistry and confidence running the system is improving which in turn has helped our QB look a little better. 17 games is enough of a body of work for me (of course I don’t count) to say he’s very good this year.

Don’t see a drop off moving forward as I believe the team should be able to identify a few inadequacies and improve upon them in the off-season.

The counter that many folks will make is, “What have you done for me in the playoffs?” That’s fair, and I’m excited to see how it plays out this year. Anything other than NFCCG at this point will be a letdown and will surely be scrutinized and a scapegoat will be assigned. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Darkhound

Reaction score
literally more than just Tony Romo went to that game they studied their their laptops and just because it's a bad look it didn't affect the game at all Patrick Crayton didn't go to Cabo but wherever he went and whatever he ate that day that's where we should be worried about that game ohh it wasn't that the game DeMarco Murray fumble did he go to Cabo Dan Bailey missed 2 field goals did he go to Cabo I mean did the referee who overturn that catch on this did he go to Cabo I mean you guys keep finding something to focus on and it's the wrong thing they lost the games because they didn't execute it had nothing to do with how bad it looked that they took a vacation but there was at least five guys from what I remember but I can't remember all of them.... It wasn't just Romo that went on vacation... They decompressed they got away from the hype they brought their laptops or their iPads and they studied the game and the game plan it was only a day or two I don't remember the whole story but you guys gotta let it go..
My point is.
Romo back then being a LEADER and being focused and setting an example went on a beach trip
Romo was an idiot... so so did witten

blueblood70

Reaction score
My point is.
Romo back then being a LEADER and being focused and setting an example went on a beach trip
Romo was an idiot... so so did witten
exactly JWitt and Tony Romo both good people both good humans did nothing wrong because they tried to get away from the noise it wasn't really a beach trip it was getting away from the noise literally still studying the game plan etcetera etcetera who the people who are idiots are all the ones that made a mistake in the game that didn't go to Cabo maybe they all needed a trip to Cabo to clear their heads because they're the ones that lost the game de Marco Murray's fumble Bailey's two missed field goals the referee and Patrick Creighton anything else we need to talk about I mean there are games all over in the playoffs they had nothing to do with carbo or how people prepared or whether they were good leaders or not.. It may be a bad look but it has nothing to do with bad leadership you're being judgmental over something they needed to get away from the noise and it didn't work it didn't backfire either if you think Cabo had anything to do with the loss you are the one who's out of touch with reality you're delusional they lost that game for other reasons mainly Patrick Creighton pulled up on one route should have been a first down and a touchdown I mean he dropped the first down and on 3rd down and they he he pulled up on a round he thought he gave up on it and Romo threw the ball to where he would have ended up in the end zone that's on Patrick Creighton not on Cabo...

So something that happened way back in 2008 or 2009 you can't let it go you think that had anything to do with the loss again that's on you and any fan who thinks that that shows what kind of person you are you still can't get over it and you still think that's the reason we lost again it's not

Darkhound

Reaction score
exactly JWitt and Tony Romo both good people both good humans did nothing wrong because they tried to get away from the noise it wasn't really a beach trip it was getting away from the noise literally still studying the game plan etcetera etcetera who the people who are idiots are all the ones that made a mistake in the game that didn't go to Cabo maybe they all needed a trip to Cabo to clear their heads because they're the ones that lost the game de Marco Murray's fumble Bailey's two missed field goals the referee and Patrick Creighton anything else we need to talk about I mean there are games all over in the playoffs they had nothing to do with carbo or how people prepared or whether they were good leaders or not.. It may be a bad look but it has nothing to do with bad leadership you're being judgmental over something they needed to get away from the noise and it didn't work it didn't backfire either if you think Cabo had anything to do with the loss you are the one who's out of touch with reality you're delusional they lost that game for other reasons mainly Patrick Creighton pulled up on one route should have been a first down and a touchdown I mean he dropped the first down and on 3rd down and they he he pulled up on a round he thought he gave up on it and Romo threw the ball to where he would have ended up in the end zone that's on Patrick Creighton not on Cabo...

So something that happened way back in 2008 or 2009 you can't let it go you think that had anything to do with the loss again that's on you and any fan who thinks that that shows what kind of person you are you still can't get over it and you still think that's the reason we lost again it's not
The reason is... it i the SOFT RELAXED rotten circus culture of this franchise that has rules over the past decades that has the team being mediocre
You will see the loss on Sunday

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, the supposed big bad Marine acting like a freaking teenager with all that "hater" crap. Drunk all the time, and gets a free pass around here to act like that. No shame either.
“Hater” is a real thing. You’re one of the founding fathers. Or is it mothers? Who knows.

Flamma

Reaction score
Considering all healthy QBs right now, who is better than Dak? Who would you rather have than him? Mahomes is one for sure. But he's an abomination. Josh Allen? That turnover machine? The dude just threw two picks in the endzone in one game. If Dak ever did that fans would want him arrested!!! Lamar Jackson is playing great. But who else?

LovinItAll

Reaction score
How good is Dak? The said he was top 10 but after this year is top 5. What a great pick.
This season? ICYMI, for QBs with 16+ starts:

Dak is;

Yards: 3rd
Comp %: 1st
Longest completion: 1st
TDs: 1st
TD:Int ratio - 1st
QBR: 2nd
Rating: 2nd
Games won : 2nd (tie)

Do the math and what do to get? EASILY Top 2 QB in the NFL this year. Is that sustainable? I hope so.

And all the ‘I’d take blah blah blah over Dak’? Not this year or you’d have had an inferior QB. That’s what the stats reflects.

For years, people talked about Dak’s intangibles and that they justified moving him up a tick or two on the Top X list. This year, he had the stats to add to that.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I stand frim.
He is average with a good cast around him

He is not better than Aikman, and not even better than Romo.
He is a great guy but an AVERAGE QB period.
Lol. The only problem is that every stat says differently. Take a look at your motivations, because you sure aren’t looking at facts.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Considering all healthy QBs right now, who is better than Dak? Who would you rather have than him? Mahomes is one for sure. But he's an abomination. Josh Allen? That turnover machine? The dude just threw two picks in the endzone in one game. If Dak ever did that fans would want him arrested!!! Lamar Jackson is playing great. But who else?
Mahomes hasn’t outplayed Dak this year, and that’s what I thought we were talking about. In fact, Mahomes hasn’t been a top 5 QB this year, while Dak is Top 2.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember when Wentz > Dak was a thing around here
that was mainly risen wasnt it?
wentz was pretty good during the early seasons, but always got hurt around playoff time.
he only lasted about 3 years.
So by then most knew dak was the better pick and qb.

The funny thing is wentz is in the playoffs too as a bkup forget which team. Might be SF ? So doubtful but he could wind up playing
against dak.

GINeric

Reaction score
I stand frim.
He is average with a good cast around him

He is not better than Aikman, and not even better than Romo.
He is a great guy but an AVERAGE QB period.
That's interesting.... well tell me how an average quarterback can wind up second team All Pro??

2. What other average quarterback in NFL history has become second team All Pro? Name them please.

While you're at it, could you also explain to me how does Dak have such a "good cast" around him, with a below average running game? Can you tell me another average quarterback who has become a second team All Pro WITHOUT an effective running game like Dak has? Name them please.

3. There are former and current NFL players, coaches and some of them are Hall of Famers who've said that Dak is a very good quarterback or he's a top 10, top 5 quarterback in this league..... do you believe you know more about quarterbacking than former and current players and coaches who are and were paid millions to eat sleep and breathe NFL football?

4. Who's assessment/observation should we all believe... yours or highly paid professionals who played and coached at the NFL level?

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
we will find out the next 1-4 games
We already know his quality...this is professional football. Nothing is guaranteed than Cowboys fans complaining all the way through the process instead.

cowboyed

Reaction score
How good is Dak? With Jeffrey Dahmer gone it's hard to get an expert opinion.

Hadenough

Reaction score
How good is Dak? The said he was top 10 but after this year is top 5. What a great pick.
I think stats put him top 5. He looks great against the division opponents. The problem is all my life I've seen guys just like Dak. They can shred bad competition and you think dam I wonder how he would do on the next level up. Place the guy on the next level and his opponent breaks down his weaknesses and he just doesn't play like he did against the lesser competition and they never get better because they don't have the pedigree mentally or physically. So because of Daks performances against better teams I place him probably around 12-14 ranking. What's so frustrating is we see guys like Josh Allen and Mahomes dueling it out and it ends in who has the ball last. I want to see how Tua does in KC in 0 degree weather because I know in good weather Dak was only able to manage 9 points ( 3 FGs)

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm avoiding. But passive, covert communication is...well...not very manly. :)
You are such an on target sweetheart for sure...and your topic on football again was what? A lot of negatives about Dak Prescott? You go, ace.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You are such an on target sweetheart for sure...and your topic on football again was what? A lot of negatives about Dak Prescott? You go, ace.
See what I mean? Could have been typed a snarky 16 year old girl or my ex…passive aggressive, shaming language, no point…all emotion, no facts or analysis.

Yeah…you’re the authority on manliness.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mahomes hasn’t outplayed Dak this year, and that’s what I thought we were talking about. In fact, Mahomes hasn’t been a top 5 QB this year, while Dak is Top 2.
Sure this is true however put mahomes on this team put Prescott on that team who plays better? I mean I have to admit mahomes is a better quarterback maybe not this year because his team dropped a lot of footballs mahomes is going through what Prescott went through last year his receivers and his targets are just not there teams making mistakes and still his down years still a very good year for most quarterbacks.. i didn't look at his stats but i'm pretty sure they're still solid..

Reaction score
that was mainly risen wasnt it?
wentz was pretty good during the early seasons, but always got hurt around playoff time.
he only lasted about 3 years.
So by then most knew dak was the better pick and qb.

The funny thing is wentz is in the playoffs too as a bkup forget which team. Might be SF ? So doubtful but he could wind up playing
against dak.
He's with the Rams