How is Crawford still on the roster?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh well, if he said that? What are we worried about? He gave his word, that's as good as money.

tenor.gif

Why aren't the rest of the teams in the league simply "taking guys word for it"? Why did those big meanies actually cut their bad contracts and players?

Not you, you're on Super Cowboys Homer Cheerleader Time.

You lose your ish when anyone criticizes 'your Cowboys'. Your reputation is secured.
I think you’ll make a good rotational player. I don’t know you have to fill the roster somewhere LOL

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question my cowboy brother. The Cowboys franchised Prescott on Monday. Is that an actual statement and why is it no one posting about it

Yes they did. It's not being talked about because it's old news at this point with everything else going on. You can probably find that discussion over on page 2 of the fan zone if you're interested.

But yeah, rest assured Dak has been tagged.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
For all those saying there's time for Crawford to accept a pay cut , I wouldn't handle business that way.........................Get your house in order as quickly as possible so you know what your needs are going further into free agency and then the draft with a clear plan is the only way to go , I believe.....................

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh well, if he said that? What are we worried about? He gave his word, that's as good as money.

tenor.gif

Why aren't the rest of the teams in the league simply "taking guys word for it"? Why did those big meanies actually cut their bad contracts and players?

You lose your ish when anyone criticizes 'your Cowboys'. Your reputation is secured.
I don’t know if this tells us something about the talent that’s in the NFL today. Or maybe were just crazy

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes they did. It's not being talked about because it's old news at this point with everything else going on. You can probably find that discussion over on page 2 of the fan zone if you're interested.

But yeah, rest assured Dak has been tagged.
I’m just totally surprised at the board didn’t light up about it. That’s basically why I was inquiring. Thought I didn’t read something right

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For all those saying there's time for Crawford to accept a pay cut , I wouldn't handle business that way.........................Get your house in order as quickly as possible so you know what your needs are going further into free agency and then the draft with a clear plan is the only way to go , I believe.....................
That’s how I figure it also

Kaiser

Reaction score

No, I provide facts and also opinions that are right a lot more often than yours. You went nuts saying the team would overpay Amari Cooper or lose him and I said from the start the team would pay him the market rate at the deadline.

I was right and you continued your tantrums.

Then you call anyone who isn't panicking over nonsense a "cheerleader". The fact you are emotionally 10 years old doesn't make me anything, good or bad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now you are going with the homophobic digs? Stay classy, San Diego.

I give as I get. You wanna claim the 'high road' at this point? Good luck.

Salary is what is actually saved when a player is cut. It is also what a player makes in any one year absent a SB which are prorated. Prorations are sunk costs. Your handwaving at them indicates a poor understanding of economics.

No worse than your constant excusing of them as 'no big deal'. I notice that your partner-in-crime Nightman seems to have admitted the obvious and up and left the forum entirely. At least he had the good sense, right?

I do like how you handwave at sack totals on the one hand and then ignore Shelton's decided lack of negative plays. Nevermind that I already accounted for Crawford's inability to finish well.

Maybe because we're talking about two completely different roles and requirements? Run-stuffing vs pass rushing. Defensive end vs nose tackle. Has that fact escaped you along with the fact that Crawford happens to excel at neither of them?

Let me know if there's anything more I can teach you today. you clearly need it.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

It doesn't make to negotiate a smaller salary and then turn around and cut him because they find someone better. It makes sense to sign a better player if you can then cut him.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How do we not love Cowboys fan forum. Go Cowboys fix the special teams and I’m happy. LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand if others disagree................Crawford isn't awful , but as Stash has correctly pointed out repeatedly , he is grossly overpaid.......
Yes he’s not a Crawford fan at least he’s consistent. I think he’s a decent RUN stopper. Back up rotational player. And you have to have people like that on your roster. I’ve never heard a problem from the locker room

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But has anyone ever argued that point? This is a ten page thread because Stash can't comprehend why the team didn't cut him outright on the first day possible.
He’s not the only one but. Got a love the loyalty of the franchise he must be a good guy in the locker room

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I provide facts and also opinions that are right a lot more often than yours. You went nuts saying the team would overpay Amari Cooper or lose him and I said from the start the team would pay him the market rate at the deadline.

A lie.

I said that they would pay top of the market money, and they did. Should I go and find the post so you can run away again?

I was right and you continued your tantrums.

No, you once again followed your pattern of lying about things someone else 'supposedly said'. "It's what ya do."

Then you call anyone who isn't panicking over nonsense a "cheerleader".

Just you really. If the skirt fits honey.

The fact you are emotionally 10 years old doesn't make me anything, good or bad.

No, the fact that you act the way that you do does. The fact that you're too fragile to handle any criticisms of 'your team' and lose your mind when you see it. That's what does. I mean who's the guy showing pictures of wetting pants and talking about wet sheets here? Oh yeah, that's be you Junior. Check yourself, again.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
It doesn't make to negotiate a smaller salary and then turn around and cut him because they find someone better. It makes sense to sign a better player if you can then cut him.

Doesn't cutting him give you a definitive monetary figure to work with under the cap ? And does anyone believe another team is going to jump in and sign him ? Excuse my ignorance what the league thinks of him , but I'm not someone who is the biggest Crawford fan so I really don't know..............

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But has anyone ever argued that point? This is a ten page thread because Stash can't comprehend why the team didn't cut him outright on the first day possible.

And yet neither you nor anyone else can provide a single valid reason why it shouldn't have been done?

Because none exists.

There's zero reason why this terrible contract should have been excised from the books the second the team had the chance.

They wasted $10 million last year and you're actually trying to defend continuing down that road. Pure genius. But again, that's your things. This team could take a dump on the star and you'd make an excuse for it.

MCMetal69

Reaction score

Sorry , but I wouldn't have kept him last year , either.................We are obviously not members of the Tyrone Crawford Fan Club (if there even is one). :muttley:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't cutting him give you a definitive monetary figure to work with under the cap ? And does anyone believe another team is going to jump in and sign him ? Excuse my ignorance what the league thinks of him , but I'm not someone who is the biggest Crawford fan so I really don't know..............

No, you're absolutely right. Don't ever apologize for having sense. Nobody outside of this organization give two poops about this guy. You can get a player like this for a minimum salary. Younger, cheaper, with more upside, and less history of injury.