How is Crawford still on the roster?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look up sample rates and try again. Waving you hand at one play amongst a few thousand is either stupid or lazy. Do better.

I'll gladly pull up his on field and salary cap numbers form last year, trust me, they don't help your case any pal. Say when.

At least you stopped your nonsense about how his injury suddenly became chronic.

Try again, I never once claimed that his issues would be chronic. I don;t care enough to find out the answer one way or the other. This team already wasted $10 million trying to find out last year and got burned. I have no desire to risk finding out again. Fool them once, shame on you.

I have consistently said that Crawford has the strength to stack the edge, does a decent job with his hands to disengage, but lacks the burst and instincts to consistently finish. That he is an average starter and should make average starter money ie ~$4m.

It's a moderate position as opposed to your teeth gnashing and doomsaying.

$4 million to a backup with no role isn't "moderate", it's a waste of resources. The Lions just got a starting nose tackle for that - hear that? Starting nose tackle. Should I say it again so it registers?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's far more accurate to look at one season with one player out of the lineup rather than two seasons where any number of players, coaches, and cshcemes could have changed, wouldn't you agree?

I am too. But it's yet another reason why I'm questioning the team's failure to do anything about it.
He only played 4 games and started 2 in 2019, so I don't really see that as a good sample, and it doesn't take into account a lot of different variables, such as what happened on plays he was on the field and plays he wasn't, game situations, opponent, etc.... .

Ultimately I don't think there really is a good method of judging how one player affects the team performance unless there is a night and day difference between that player and the player taking snaps in his place. I don't know that Collins and Covington supplied that kind of notable difference at DT, and at DE Quinn was far and away a better pass rusher, but likely not as good against the run.

None of this really matters. What matters is with McCoy I think we now have the kind of player that will be a clear and notable upgrade, and we won't be worrying about incremental differences that are hard to pin down.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'll gladly pull up his on field and salary cap numbers form last year, trust me, they don't help your case any pal. Say when.

Are you daft? What you were responding to was a discussion of his level of play. You've surrendered that point.

His salary from 2017-2020 has ranged from $6m-$8m.

Try again, I never once claimed that his issues would be chronic. I don;t care enough to find out the answer one way or the other. This team already wasted $10 million trying to find out last year and got burned. I have no desire to risk finding out again. Fool them once, shame on you.

Yeah you did. You constantly waived your hands at that.

His salary last year was $8m. You suck at salary cap accounting and like to wave your hands at sunk costs.

$4 million to a backup with no role isn't "moderate", it's a waste of resources. The Lions just got a starting nose tackle for that - hear that? Starting nose tackle. Should I say it again so it registers?

No role? That is just stupid. In his last full season he had the second highest percentage of snaps amongst DL.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2018-snap-counts.htm

Danny Shelton's production is not as good as you think it is.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Crawford will make the team by default,he should be cut but him playing DE(badly) and DT will mean he will stay for 1 more year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He only played 4 games and started 2 in 2019, so I don't really see that as a good sample, and it doesn't take into account a lot of different variables, such as what happened on plays he was on the field and plays he wasn't, game situations, opponent, etc.... .

I consider it a better example than trying to compare two entirely different seasons to make an assessment.

Ultimately I don't think there really is a good method of judging how one player affects the team performance unless there is a night and day difference between that player and the player taking snaps in his place. I don't know that Collins and Covington supplied that kind of notable difference at DT, and at DE Quinn was far and away a better pass rusher, but likely not as good against the run.

Quinn gives us that example. 11.5 sacks in 14 games vs 0 in two years for Crawford.

None of this really matters. What matters is with McCoy I think we now have the kind of player that will be a clear and notable upgrade, and we won't be worrying about incremental differences that are hard to pin down.

Agreed on McCoy but I'm still waiting for that other shoe to drop. The one costing us $9.1 million for a backup role player.

Dreski

Reaction score
Did you feel we "had it" in week one?

And if we didn't, why did the rush defense get better last year after Crawford was out of the lineup? Your hypothesis doesn't hold up.

Got better how? The only teams that didn’t have over 100 yards rushing on us were the jets and rams

edit: forgot to put the eagles

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I consider it a better example than trying to compare two entirely different seasons to make an assessment.

Quinn gives us that example. 11.5 sacks in 14 games vs 0 in two years for Crawford.

Agreed on McCoy but I'm still waiting for that other shoe to drop. The one costing us $9.1 million for a backup role player.
I don't consider either worthwhile. And yes, I mentioned Quinn as "far away a better pass rusher", but that speaks only to the pass rush and not the run defense.

I'm hoping we can come up with someone to pick up for Quinn at RDE. The loss of pass rush from that position could hurt.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The one costing us $9.1 million for a backup role player.

How is he "costing us" anything if the season is 6 months away and he has said publicly he is taking a paycut?

Oh, I forgot, we are on Eastern Rabid Ferret Stash time.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
You just can't part with natural talent......wonder if Marinelli wants him?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
None of which answers my questions. Try again. Do better. Have better excuses ready.
Question my cowboy brother. The Cowboys franchised Prescott on Monday. Is that an actual statement and why is it no one posting about it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You just can't part with natural talent......wonder if Marinelli wants him?
Hello my cowboy brother. Why isn’t there any news that the Cowboys franchise Prescott Monday. Is it a not true statement

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Crawford is way over rated. Dallas loves their under average players they pay above average money to.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you daft? What you were responding to was a discussion of his level of play.

His salary from 2017-2020 has ranged from $6m-$8m.

With total cap hits of $9 -$10 million. You trying to willfully hide that?

For a backup/role player! That's a disgrace!

Yeah you did. You constantly waived your hands at that.

Pull up one post from me saying that to back up this patently false claim. One. Or do we have yet another guy who runs his mouth and backs up none of it?

His salary last year was $8m. You suck at salary cap accounting and like to wave your hands at sunk costs.

While you like to hide them and pretend that they "don't count".

No role? That is just stupid. In his last full season he had the second highest percentage of snaps amongst DL.[

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2018-snap-counts.htm

Was that while he was giving us those 0 sacks at RDE? Is that the times? Snap counts for players that suck are bad things for a team, not good ones. All those snaps and he still couldn't muster a single sack from RDE? Hint, that's not a compliment!

Danny Shelton's production is not as good as you think it is.

It's far better than this scrub you're once again flailing around trying to defend. Starting role. Suck on that.

Shelton was a 1st round pick.
The Patriots actually traded for Shelton.
Shelton actually helped them get to numerous Super Bowls and has a ring.
Shelton was actually signed by a team in free agency.

How about your boyfriend? He do any of that?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
With total cap hits of $9 -$10 million. You trying to willfully hide that?

For a backup/role player! That's a disgrace!

Pull up one post from me saying that to back up this patently false claim. One. Or do we have yet another guy who runs his mouth and backs up none of it?

While you like to hide them and pretend that they "don't count".

Was that while he was giving us those 0 sacks at RDE? Is that the times? Snap counts for players that suck are bad things for a team, not good ones. All those snaps and he still couldn't muster a single sack from RDE? Hint, that's not a compliment!

It's far better than this scrub you're once again flailing around trying to defend. Starting role. Suck on that.

Shelton was a 1st round pick.
The Patriots actually traded for Shelton.
Shelton actually helped them get to numerous Super Bowls and has a ring.
Shelton was actually signed by a team in free agency.

How about your boyfriend? He do any of that?

Now you are going with the homophobic digs? Stay classy, San Diego.

Salary is what is actually saved when a player is cut. It is also what a player makes in any one year absent a SB which are prorated. Prorations are sunk costs. Your handwaving at them indicates a poor understanding of economics.

I do like how you handwave at sack totals on the one hand and then ignore Shelton's decided lack of negative plays. Nevermind that I already accounted for Crawford's inability to finish well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is he "costing us" anything if the season is 6 months away and he has said publicly he is taking a paycut?

Oh well, if he said that? What are we worried about? He gave his word, that's as good as money.

tenor.gif

Why aren't the rest of the teams in the league simply "taking guys word for it"? Why did those big meanies actually cut their bad contracts and players?

Oh, I forgot, we are on Eastern Rabid Ferret Stash time.

Not you, you're on Super Cowboys Homer Cheerleader Time.

You lose your ish when anyone criticizes 'your Cowboys'. Your reputation is secured.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He'll probably come off his high horse eventually.
I would love to hear a news conference by him. I just can’t comprehend where His true feelings are. Do you not wanna be a cowboy. Even though he said he wants to be. They want to sign him last year he said no wait let me prove myself. Not a franchise or and he won’t sign that either. This is not the same NFL I remember