How is Crawford still on the roster?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry , but I wouldn't have kept him last year , either.................We are obviously not members of the Tyrone Crawford Fan Club (if there even is one). :muttley:

This was one of the guys defending him then too and arguing with people who wanted to cut him and use that money to sign McCoy when he became available last year. Do we all remember how things turned out then? Good.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m just totally surprised at the board didn’t light up about it. That’s basically why I was inquiring. Thought I didn’t read something right

No, other stuff just happened since and there's nothing new to say really.

Kaiser

Reaction score
No, the fact that you act the way that you do does. The fact that you're too fragile to handle any criticisms of 'your team' and lose your mind when you see it. That's what does. I mean who's the guy showing pictures of wetting pants and talking about wet sheets here? Oh yeah, that's be you Junior. Check yourself, again.

The diaper fits honey.

giphy.gif

Kaiser

Reaction score
A lie.

I said that they would pay top of the market money, and they did. Should I go and find the post so you can run away again?

I'll post the one of you saying we would overpay or Cooper would leave, give me a minute.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Sorry , but I wouldn't have kept him last year , either.................We are obviously not members of the Tyrone Crawford Fan Club (if there even is one). :muttley:

Sure, but its a complete straw man for anyone here to say people are defending Crawford's contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, but its a complete straw man for anyone here to say people are defending Crawford's contract.

What exactly are you doing when you're spending so much time and effort justifying why nothing has been changed with "Crawford's contract"?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s on the roster because he’s a better player than people want to recognize. He should take a pay cut this year, though, if he’s able to come back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Amid all of this team's moves, how is it that this guy is still sitting here counting $9.1 million against the cap?

Word is they reworked Zeke and Collins' contracts to free up money. Why has nothing been done on this obvious mistake?

I know it's me, and I know it's beating a dead horse for me, but it's also a valid question!

For all of the good moves they have made, why is nothing being done here?

Why has this team not make the painfully obvious move of doing something about this contract? Other teams have made measures to cut costs and dead weight, and out worst contract sits on the books? Why?
a chip to be used later ie a savings account..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can you make a deposit in that savings account today? Other teams are, before the bank closes.
dude they have 21 mil to work with no ned to make that move anytime soon.. maybe they keep him until they decide they dont need him and say june 1st cuts and use his money for draft picks etc..its not necessary right now...

pgreptom

Reaction score
Because he has an untradable contract

A $9 million cap hit that you save $8 million towards the cap if you cut him pre June 1st. He needs to go. They're restructuring La'el but should just dump Crawford. They must want to give him a go.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I give as I get. You wanna claim the 'high road' at this point? Good luck.

No worse than your constant excusing of them as 'no big deal'. I notice that your partner-in-crime Nightman seems to have admitted the obvious and up and left the forum entirely. At least he had the good sense, right?

Maybe because we're talking about two completely different roles and requirements? Run-stuffing vs pass rushing. Defensive end vs nose tackle. Has that fact escaped you along with the fact that Crawford happens to excel at neither of them?

Let me know if there's anything more I can teach you today. you clearly need it.

Only one of us is going with the homophobic slurs. I have said several things you have done are stupid with cause. That is not the same as calling you stupid.

Now you are speaking for Nightman. You just cannot help yourself.

All you have ever come up with against Crawford's play is cherry picked anecdotes. His pressure stats have been top 20 several times. He just lacks the burst to finish as I pointed out earlier. He is strong at the point of attack as well.

As for Shelton, the Patriots thought so much of him they did not bring him back for 2% of the cap. He has no stats and we both know you barely know anything about his actual play. Your flailing around trying to justify your conclusion as opposed to allowing it to arise from evidence.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And yet neither you nor anyone else can provide a single valid reason why it shouldn't have been done?

Because none exists.

There's zero reason why this terrible contract should have been excised from the books the second the team had the chance.

They wasted $10 million last year and you're actually trying to defend continuing down that road. Pure genius. But again, that's your things. This team could take a dump on the star and you'd make an excuse for it.

If he would've been cut last season they wouldn't have netted $10m no matter how often repeat yourself. Cutting him is not as lucrative as you want it to seem.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only one of us is going with the homophobic slurs. I have said several things you have done are stupid with cause. That is not the same as calling you stupid.

Calling my actions "stupid" certainly isn't the 'high road', so like I said, I give as I get. What "slur" was used? Maybe you need to check yourself and your own issues on that.

Now you are speaking for Nightman. You just cannot help yourself.

And again speaking the truth, unlike you.

All you have ever come up with against Crawford's play is cherry picked anecdotes. His pressure stats have been top 20 several times. He just lacks the burst to finish as I pointed out earlier. He is strong at the point of attack as well.

Again, you've been encouraged to post and go through the actual stats, but clearly yiu chose not to but to instead hide in your ambiguities. It's noticeable.

As for Shelton, the Patriots thought so much of him they did not bring him back for 2% of the cap. He has no stats and we both know you barely know anything about his actual play. Your flailing around trying to justify your conclusion as opposed to allowing it to arise from evidence.

And you? You're allergic to actual stats. You flee from them in terror.

You can't refute a single thing I said about Shelton, because they're all true.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he would've been cut last season they wouldn't have netted $10m no matter how often repeat yourself. Cutting him is not as lucrative as you want it to seem.

I never claimed it would have "netted $10 million", I said that's what his total cap cost was. Find a better Strawman.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Doesn't cutting him give you a definitive monetary figure to work with under the cap ? And does anyone believe another team is going to jump in and sign him ? Excuse my ignorance what the league thinks of him , but I'm not someone who is the biggest Crawford fan so I really don't know..............

I basically look at it like an uncashed check. If you have a bunch of money on hand, you don't have to be in a hurry to cash it. Not saying Crawford is amazing but I could see him having a role on the team.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Calling my actions "stupid" certainly isn't the 'high road', so like I said, I give as I get.

And again speaking the truth, unlike you.

Again, you've been encouraged to post and go through the actual stats, but clearly yiu chose not to but to instead hide in your ambiguities. It's noticeable.

And you? You're allergic to actual stats. You flee from them in terror.

You can't refute a single thing I said about Shelton, because they're all true.

There is a difference between calling something stupid and calling someone stupid. The former is not a personal attack. Calling me homosexual in an attempt to insult me is a personal attack.

Using anecdotes to describe a body of work that constitutes ~2400 plays is stupid. Claiming he had no role when he had the second highest DL snap total the last season he was healthy was at the very least ignorant.

If you don't like me pointing out takes that are stupid or ignorant then stop making them. It doesn't make you stupid and it doesn't justify being a homophobe.

I post about his pressure stats and then you claim I run from stats. More emotional flailing stash. Your ship is sinking, holmes.

And when I say that the Patriots let him go fro chump change in your response to him having a ring and them trading for him. That is arguing what you said stash. You having an issue keeping up?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I never claimed it would have "netted $10 million", I said that's what his total cap cost was. Find a better Strawman.

That is not what I said. I said that is what you want it to seem when you blather his cap hit.

Discussing what his salary is ie what cutting him does is honest. Your way is misleading.