How is Crawford still on the roster?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. Don't throw rights away until you have to, when it costs you nothing to keep them.

I'm surprised that we outright cut Olumba and Wise, two cheap developmental guys. That's doing them a *favor*, instead of bringing them in as camp bodies to be tossed aside.
I agree. I'm not crying over the loss of Wise and Olumba I just don't get the timing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was looking at last year's numbers (2019). I don;t know exactly what players were or weren't in the lineup or on the roster between 2018 and 2019.
I assumed you must of looked at both 2018 and 2019 to say the numbers improved when Crawford wasn't playing. Maybe there are some other stats to consider, but that's the only way I could think of to determine if things changed either way.

Of course, again, whether there was a change either way I can't say it's all about Crawford anyway. I'm just glad we have McCoy now and don't have to rely on Crawford playing DT regularly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vote? I love people who make unsupported assertions and expect others to prove it for them. In my experience people don't care but you sure have an overinflated sense of self.
:lmao2:Your opinion is "right!" Everyone else's is WRONG!!!

Right about Garrett. Fuzzy still can't quit him.

Right about Crawford. Fuzzy still can't quit him.

2-0 by that quick count.

Not "everybody's opinion", just yours.

It's not my problem your memory sucks.

No, it's your problem that it doesn't suck, because I remember just fine how you have no idea what you're talking about, but like to come off as though you think you're smart. Wrong about Garrett, wrong about Crawford, but still types like he "knows things",

His salary was around $7m for several seasons. I consistently said that he should be paid around $4m. Deal with it.

I am, by pantsing you yet again.
:laugh:

Tell me again about 'Garrett's greatness', will ya? I need a good laugh.
And yes the pee wee herman defense. Your not obsessed. I am! :lmao2:

And here you are yet again, proving every word I've said 100% right.

Last edited:

Dreski

Reaction score
As Crawford wasn't the only change in the lineup between the two years, it's not "worth anything". No offense.
I mean yeah, I guess we didn’t have Randy Gregory last year either. I think he’s over paid too, but imo we needed D Linemen to keep blockers from getting to the second level last year, and I feel like when he went IR, we didn’t have that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I assumed you must of looked at both 2018 and 2019 to say the numbers improved when Crawford wasn't playing. Maybe there are some other stats to consider, but that's the only way I could think of to determine if things changed either way.

I think it's far more accurate to look at one season with one player out of the lineup rather than two seasons where any number of players, coaches, and cshcemes could have changed, wouldn't you agree?

Of course, again, whether there was a change either way I can't say it's all about Crawford anyway. I'm just glad we have McCoy now and don't have to rely on Crawford playing DT regularly.

I am too. But it's yet another reason why I'm questioning the team's failure to do anything about it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean yeah, I guess we didn’t have Randy Gregory last year either. I think he’s over paid too, but imo we needed D Linemen to keep blockers from getting to the second level last year, and I feel like when he went IR, we didn’t have that.

Did you feel we "had it" in week one?

And if we didn't, why did the rush defense get better last year after Crawford was out of the lineup? Your hypothesis doesn't hold up.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Right about Garrett. Fuzzy still can't quit him.

Right about Crawford. Fuzzy still can't quit him.

2-0 by that quick count.

Not "everybody's opinion", just yours.

No, it's your problem that it doesn't suck, because I remember just fine how you have no idea what you're talking about, but like to come off as though you think you're smart. Wrong about Garrett, wrong about Crawford, but still types like he "knows things",

I am, by pantsing you yet again.
:laugh:

Tell me again about 'Garrett's greatness', will ya? I need a good laugh.

And here you are yet again, proving every word I've said 100% right.

You make up whatever narrative you like. I'm not rehashing the Garrett debate. You cannot even remember what I said about Crawford after all. At the end of the day though you were making claims about what everyone thought. That is weak.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Did you feel we "had it" in week one?

And if we didn't, why did the rush defense get better last year after Crawford was out of the lineup? Your hypothesis doesn't hold up.

:lmao: You think anecdotes are good arguments for a body of work.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You make up whatever narrative you like. I'm not rehashing the Garrett debate.

Of course not. Why would you want to like like an *** yet again?

You cannot even remember what I said about Crawford after all. At the end of the day though you were making claims about what everyone thought. That is weak.

No, I'm talking about what you thought. And yes, they were quite weak.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not reading through this entire thread, so apologies if this has been said....

The guy plays DLine. We are decidedly weak there.

Maybe they are trying to rework his deal to keep him, but he is refusing. What's the team to do, cut him? Why do that? Let free agency pass by, when teams have spent their money, then he has much less leverage against getting cut.

You guys are just mad at him and want him gone or playing cheaper right now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not reading through this entire thread, so apologies if this has been said....

The guy plays DLine. We are decidedly weak there.

Maybe they are trying to rework his deal to keep him, but he is refusing. What's the team to do, cut him? Why do that? Let free agency pass by, when teams have spent their money, then he has much less leverage against getting cut.

Great plan. Exactly who do you sign then when "free agency has passed by"? In case you didn't know, it's started and there are players available now. Actual starters signing for far less money than what Crawford currently counts.

You guys are just mad at him and want him gone or playing cheaper right now.

Maybe I want actual starters for that kind of money? Ever think of that?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think examples are. I'm glad they hurt.
:thumbup:

Make excuses for him again, show your true colors. Prove me right yet again.

Look up sample rates and try again. Waving you hand at one play amongst a few thousand is either stupid or lazy. Do better.

At least you stopped your nonsense about how his bursitis suddenly became chronic or degenerative.

I have consistently said that Crawford has the strength to stack the edge, does a decent job with his hands to disengage, but lacks the burst and instincts to consistently finish. That he is an average starter and should make average starter money ie ~$4m.

It's a moderate position as opposed to your teeth gnashing and whinging.