How is Crawford still on the roster?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, you have that backwards. Not only did our pass rush clearly improve, but run defense did as well once Crawford was out of the lineup.

You can check the numbers on that. I did.
Statistically the Cowboy run defense was actually better in 2018, when Crawford played 15 games, than in 2019, when he played 4.

Not that I'm attributing that to Crawford. There are a lot of variables. But that's what the team numbers show.

Kaiser

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Amid all of this team's moves, how is it that this guy is still sitting here counting $9.1 million against the cap?

Word is they reworked Zeke and Collins' contracts to free up money. Why has nothing been done on this obvious mistake?

I know it's me, and I know it's beating a dead horse for me, but it's also a valid question!

For all of the good moves they have made, why is nothing being done here?

Why has this team not make the painfully obvious move of doing something about this contract? Other teams have made measures to cut costs and dead weight, and out worst contract sits on the books? Why?
When healthy, Crawford is one of our best, most dependable DLinemen. They will ask him to drop his salary, but he is very good vs the run at DE and a decent DT.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Statistically the Cowboy run defense was actually better in 2018, when Crawford played 15 games, than in 2019, when he played 4.

Not that I'm attributing that to Crawford. There are a lot of variables. But that's what the team numbers show.

I was looking at last year's numbers (2019). I don;t know exactly what players were or weren't in the lineup or on the roster between 2018 and 2019.

starfan1

Reaction score
At least those guys had a starting role, right?

Collins was the guy that displaced Crawford from 3T, and then they had to find somewhere else to put him in an attempt to justify that contract.

That's when that brilliant decision was made to have a RDE that gets 0 sacks at the position.

Ill admit I hadn't followed it close like that but I do know our middle has been an issue for sometime to include LB. Collins is a back up at best I like woods a bit more but im not convinced he isnt either. Lets hope Gerald Mccoy still has a half a tank or better

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Who are these other people that I'm trying to invoke? Do tell.

You said, "I'm sure nobody has seen your pattern by now." As if you can speak for anyone but yourself.

I'm here daily pal. Talking about all kinds of things, look into it if you don;t know. Or maybe the truth runs counter to yet another false claim?

and you still have your weekly Crawford whinefest.

But again, I am so very glad to hear that you're a SuperFan who is A-OK with the most thrown down the drain for Tyrone Crawford. Just the most recent thing that you've been shown to be completely wrong about. We can file this away with your Jason Garrett adoration.

Huh? I have consistently said has was overpaid by a few million. I'm just not gnashing at the teeth as you are wont to do.

3 of your last 5 posts in this forum have been in this thread.
Check yourself first with that "introspection". Certainly before you try to lecture anyone else on it.

:rolleyes:

And your point is? That we are conversing about something I already said I find amusing? You sure showed me. . . .

:rolleyes: indeed. You completely missed my point about your weekly dropping trou, teeth gnashing spectacle.

quickccc

Reaction score
Marinelli really screwed this defensive line up good.

While the cheerleaders continued to defend him as well.

and not only did Rod M kill this defense with his preference and style but both coaching (see Garrett) and management has been
bamboozled and brainwashed that Marinelli was still this magician and bulldog that metamorphs average DL to greatness.
So much on movement and length and far less on size and physicality -and very low regards for 1 tech. and against the more prominent
OLs we clearly got outrooted and with Jerry's own words in post game comments- " we were out-physical " .

Dreski

Reaction score
I have looked them up. I don't criticize the guy without having reasons for it. I'll leave not having teeth behind it to the cheerleaders who continue to try to defend him, all evidence to the contrary.

Both the pass rush and run defense actually improved last year after Crawford was out of the lineup.
For what it’s worth, we went from 9th in the league(DVOA) in 2018, to 19th last year

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said, "I'm sure nobody has seen your pattern by now." As if you can speak for anyone but yourself.

You can put it to a vote anytime you'd like. You wouldn't like the results.

and you still have your weekly Crawford whinefest.

And I'm still right! How's that taste?

Huh? I have consistently said has was overpaid by a few million. I'm just not gnashing at the teeth as you are wont to do.

Oh look everybody! More attempted revisionist history from the guy who couldn't even admit that Garrett sucked as a head coach!

And your point is? That we are conversing about something I already said I find amusing? You sure showed me. . . .

:rolleyes: indeed. You completely missed my point about your weekly dropping trou, teeth gnashing spectacle.

That your "obsession" is every bit the equal to the one you try to project on me. As evidenced by the fact that you're right in these threads with me, every step of the way. Hypocrite.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For what it’s worth, we went from 9th in the league(DVOA) in 2018, to 19th last year

As Crawford wasn't the only change in the lineup between the two years, it's not "worth anything". No offense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and not only did Rod M kill this defense with his preference and style but both coaching (see Garrett) and management has been
bamboozled and brainwashed that Marinelli was still this magician and bulldog that metamorphs average DL to greatness.
So much on movement and length and far less on size and physicality -and very low regards for 1 tech. and against the more prominent
OLs we clearly got outrooted and with Jerry's own words in post game comments- " we were out-physical " .

But they all deserve blame for continuing to listen to him.

The body of evidence was overwhelming and yet they failed to heed it.

After:

• Crawford
  • Melton
  • Nick Hayden
  • Cedric Thornton
  • Stephen Paea
  • Joey Ivie
  • Taco Charlton
  • Trysten Hill
They still believed that this guy was part of the solution and not actually the problem.

joseephuss

Reaction score
What's the rush? They don't have to cut him today or tomorrow. They can cut him at any time prior to the 1st game of the season and save the same amount. My best bet is they haven't been able to give him a full medical checkup due to the ongoing coronovirus issue. They want to get a full medical clearance before they make a final decision. They didn't need medical clearances to make changes to Elliot's or Collins' respective contracts. Plus those two guys are signed for years and have money and years to move around.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Amid all of this team's moves, how is it that this guy is still sitting here counting $9.1 million against the cap?

Word is they reworked Zeke and Collins' contracts to free up money. Why has nothing been done on this obvious mistake?

I know it's me, and I know it's beating a dead horse for me, but it's also a valid question!

For all of the good moves they have made, why is nothing being done here?

Why has this team not make the painfully obvious move of doing something about this contract? Other teams have made measures to cut costs and dead weight, and out worst contract sits on the books? Why?

Word has been for a long time that he is willing to take a pay cut, and we weren't in a position to be throwing away anyone at RDT who might be decent. And until we're bumping up against cap limits, there's no reason to cut anyone we have the rights to just to make cap room. We have the rights. It doesn't mean we'll stick with him when the season starts.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You can put it to a vote anytime you'd like. You wouldn't like the results.

And I'm still right! How's that taste?

Oh look everybody! More attempted revisionist history from the guy who couldn't even admit that Garrett sucked as a head coach!

That your "obsession" is every bit the equal to the one you try to project on me. As evidenced by the fact that you're right in these threads with me, every step of the way. Hypocrite.

Vote? I love people who make unsupported assertions and expect others to prove it for them. In my experience people don't care but you sure have an overinflated sense of self.
:lmao2:Your opinion is "right!" Everyone else's is WRONG!!!

It's not my problem your memory sucks. His salary was around $7m for several seasons. I consistently said that he should be paid around $4m. Deal with it.

And yes the pee wee herman defense. Your not obsessed. I am! :lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Word has been for a long time that he is willing to take a pay cut, and we weren't in a position to be throwing away anyone at RDT who might be decent.

Is that the bar now? Is that what you have to tell yourself at this point?

And until we're bumping up against cap limits, there's no reason to cut anyone we have the rights to just to make cap room. We have the rights. It doesn't mean we'll stick with him when the season starts.

The "rights" to what? A lousy, aging, injured, overpaid, position-less backup defensive lineman? Oh, how will we ever survive without that?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Word has been for a long time that he is willing to take a pay cut, and we weren't in a position to be throwing away anyone at RDT who might be decent. And until we're bumping up against cap limits, there's no reason to cut anyone we have the rights to just to make cap room. We have the rights. It doesn't mean we'll stick with him when the season starts.

Stash is just mad and that is where his policy decisions come from. Of course biting your nose off to spite your face is foolish.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What's the rush? They don't have to cut him today or tomorrow. They can cut him at any time prior to the 1st game of the season and save the same amount. My best bet is they haven't been able to give him a full medical checkup due to the ongoing coronovirus issue. They want to get a full medical clearance before they make a final decision. They didn't need medical clearances to make changes to Elliot's or Collins' respective contracts. Plus those two guys are signed for years and have money and years to move around.

Yep. Don't throw rights away until you have to, when it costs you nothing to keep them.

I'm surprised that we outright cut Olumba and Wise, two cheap developmental guys. That's doing them a *favor*, instead of bringing them in as camp bodies to be tossed aside.