How long does Witten last at MNF?

X550i

Reaction score
tonight was first time I’d heard him and he was awful.

He’d do well right before the snap calling out coverage but in breaking down what happened and trying to make conversation he was atrocious.

Booger actually schooled him and he doesn’t have the overhead view Witten does.

I can see ESPN going to a 2 man booth next year with Booger. Witten is clearly the 3rd wheel.

He’ll be even worse for our game because he will want to stay impartial but the nerves I can see getting to him.

Booger is the king of cliches

Plankton

Reaction score
That booth is horrible. Tessitore is an absolute goon. I mean, look, how good could you sound working next to this?

giphy.gif

That being said, Witten is not cut out for this at all. He's awful. Like Joe Montana level bad in the booth.

tico

Reaction score
If he is totally honest and rips Garrett's lame offense like Romo did then I think he will be okay, but if he comes out praising him heloses all respect, just another bias Joe Smuck..

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
tonight was first time I’d heard him and he was awful.

He’d do well right before the snap calling out coverage but in breaking down what happened and trying to make conversation he was atrocious.

Booger actually schooled him and he doesn’t have the overhead view Witten does.

I can see ESPN going to a 2 man booth next year with Booger. Witten is clearly the 3rd wheel.

He’ll be even worse for our game because he will want to stay impartial but the nerves I can see getting to him.
I wasnt aware we had MNF games this season...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Howard is rolling in his grave listening to him. On a side note, is he wearing one of howards old wigs, or is it the the captain kirk 2000 hair piece.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
He is ok, pretty much average for most of the guys you hear. He will get better with practice. It isn't natural to sit there for three hours talking about what people are viewing. Romo was such a fresh breath of air that people are comparing Witten to him and it really isn't fair.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
JWit's biggest problem is most like to compare him to Romo which isn't fair.

It's only been a handful of games. Maybe Jason can improve some by the end of the season.
I mean really..

Do you need Witten to be like Howard Cosell to enjoy it?

Spoiled you are.

Techsass

Reaction score
But, how many people select a game off who's doing the color? I have never watched a game based on that but there are some that I just will not listen to, Beth Mowins for one. Do we think anyone devotes 3.5 hours to listening to Romo do the color? Either I am interested in the game or not, the play by play guy or color guy doesn't enter into it. And I am not as enamored with Romo as some are. And they need to mask the ambient sound of the game more and tell him to speak up.
I've been noticing that a lot this year. I think Fox is the worst to where I can't hear Troy over the crowd, but it's pretty much across the board. I thought it was my TV.

rags747

Reaction score
ESPN deserves everything that they get. For too long they allowed their on air talent to get into discussions way outside of sports. Someone allowed bad decisions to be made, let them pay the price with failure hopefully. Unfortunately many will pay the price for some loud mouth low level on air talent.

Fire407

Reaction score
Many years ago Johnny Unitas was calling games for CBS in a booth and I was expecting him to be great because he was a great QB. He was maybe the worst announcer to ever work a game. He couldn't put two words together without stumbling all over himself. It was cringeworthy and he didn't last long.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Witten is just not a good broadcaster, love the guy but this isn’t for him. Pre-game Analyst is where he should be.