How many of you are bailing?

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's not hard to imagine a fair number of fans switching their fandom to the Houston Texans if they're proven successful in the future. I'm quite seriously addicted to the Cowboys, but following what they're likely to become might easily become a big temptation for some of us to switch.
That happened before as long as Houston was winning, some, and it was easy to just insult about Jerry.

To those fans....bye, bye. They are also the fans that kicked Earl Campbell and his coach out of Houston.

Section446

Reaction score
I haven't been emotionally invested in the Cowboys in a long time. At this point, I'm more of an investor in the team than a fan.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
If they're bailing, they weren't real fans.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’m almost 44. I remember when this used to be a Class A franchise. It’s so far removed from that now. Nepotism rules and matters more than winning. How can you be a fan of that?

I turned in my “fan” card about a decade ago but have still followed the team with interest. I’m not even interested anymore.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
My Boston Bruins went 39 years between championships. They endured many of the same criticisms we're tossing at the Cowboys. Both players and management. I had a GREAT time in Boston to see the championship parade when they finally got it done.

It kinda came out of nowhere. A decent team caught fire and on the backs of a core group who REALLY wanted it and went on an epic run through the playoffs.

I guess what I am saying it is will happen again and it will be great. Whether I'm alive to see remains to be seen, but al least I saw five of them.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Until Jerry is COMPLETELY gone, I am bailing (I actually bailed 2 years ago). But I will watch the score and keep coming here to reminisce with senior fans here talking about the old (and real) Dallas Cowboys. But right now, my emotions are 99% removed from Jerry Cowboys

Once the old man is out of the picture, I think I will feel hope enough to get my fandom again.

:cool:

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’m out until Jerry sells the team or dies, FAMM is no longer coach and the loser overpaid QB is gone.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am not bailing. I guess when Vegas says it’s our turn to win it all then we can all be happy.. Until then I am just going to enjoy the ride every season…

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If we don't sign a proven run game fixer and sign atleast 2 impact free agents I'll go the way of philmonroe. @WillieBeamen I'll pop back up at seasons end after the next flop lol I don't have time for this trash anymore
Bro, you know they not signing anybody. Thats a given.

You know im a McCarthy supporter, but a reason why i want him gone is because what we need to have a chance w Dak, he has never shown in his career w GB.

A dominant run game

A defense you cant run on

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
For next, I'm just, currently, expecting them to make the playoffs as a WC. We won the division this year, and we know the rules of the division.
If Detroit makes the NFC Championship this year and Washington makes it next year, Dallas will own the longest streak of playoff futility in the NFC.

Praxit

Reaction score
I bailed on my college team 15 years ago...I'll do it again with this team. I have ZERO interest in 2024 because I already know the outcome with 100% certainty. I'll be cheering for Josh Allen and the Bills for the next couple weeks.
.....lol.. mate, will see ya again in 24', ranting as usual. ;).

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Bro, you know they not signing anybody. Thats a given.

You know im a McCarthy supporter, but a reason why i want him gone is because what we need to have a chance w Dak, he has never shown in his career w GB.

A dominant run game

A defense you cant run on
Prob not. Ima give them a chance before I bounce though.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
See @Jake post #7. All I'll add is that I will probably always want them to do successful but I'm past the point of deeming them worthy of my unwavering support. Go Lions, Texans, whoever the hell can play some good football & show some moxie!!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I can't bail on the team, my roots run too deep, but for the first time......ever.....I just don't care (about next season). The air was taken out of my sails completely yesterday. I'm usually a pretty optimistic fan, that thinks the season ahead could bring new light, but that part of me died yesterday.

I know the 'holier than thou' fans will be along to tell me "I'm not a real fan", but I don't care. I know I am a fan and that's why I want the best for this team.

To see the way your team got absolutely crushed in a home playoff game against a #7 seed (and the only home team to lose on the weekend), and have your FO decide running it back is the best idea, is completely disheartening. It's damn near disrespectful. It wasn't like this was some outlier of a loss. No, it has become the standard. The same story, year in and year out. Big Mac was brought here to win playoff games. He hasn't done that. What's the difference if you go 17-0 or 0-17 if you can't win a playoff game? I'm tired of the underachieving.

So, no I won't bail, and yes I will be around this forum, but I'm not going to be fully invested next season. We know how this ends. You do. I do.

sarnedo

Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
If bailing means having no hope that the Cowboys will be relevant going forward and to watch them without any passion.. then yes, I bailed two years ago. What happened yesterday is just another sign and evidence that this owners only want the limelight, but winning championships could not be further from their interest (we have more that 27 years of palpable evidence of the circus this guys run). I have not bough anything Cowboys on the last 3 years (including tickets) and I will continue to do so.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
McCarthy is a blithering fat moron. Three years for this bs is enough for me.