How many of you are bailing?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I went from being a fan to a follower after 2016. That was the last time I bought into this team being a real contender. So there's really nothing to bail.

This team has been part of my life for over 50 years, so there's nowhere to go. I just have no expectations of success beyond what we've seen lately.

Believing Jerry and Stephen are going to suddenly crack the code after 30 years is for fans. I just can't blow that much smoke up my own backside.

For the "real fans" crowd, I don't care what you think of my point of view. Self-delusion just doesn't work for me. I'll follow and see what happens.
I’m at the point where I’m below the follower level. The NFL product has been watered down and ruined by poor rules and officiating, and it’s clear nothing will change under the Jones family. I’m pulling the plug, and out. I’ll still hang out here, but mostly going to be in the off topic forum.

Creeper

Reaction score
I will never bail on the Cowboys. I may give up on the NFL altogether but I will never bail on Dallas. I have been a fan for 50 years and I have seen some pretty bad teams come and go. What we have now is way better than that.

I know it is frustrating and I am as frustrated as everyone else, but in retrospect, I wonder if my disappointment is my fault. I really thought this team was going to be different. I really thought this team had a chance to make it to the Super Bowl. But I was delusional. The Cowboys been unable to run the football all year. The OL run blocking has been horrible. The defense has not been able to stop the run all year against any team that had a decent offensive line. Given they can't run the ball or stop the run why did I or anyone else think this team could win with a one dimensional offense and one dimensional defense? It is my fault for ignoring what was right in front of my eyes.

I believe Quinn changed the defense after Buffalo ran on them for 260 yards. I think he chose to use less pressure and softer coverages to ensure no one ran on us like the Bills did. I am not absolving Quinn. The lack of LBs on this team was a major mistake and someone needs to be accountable. But given the way this team played this year, what made us think we could face good teams being one dimensional and we would win?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Keep going....there's more to see....

Well, yeah, and the league itself seems corrupt. I understand why Jerry tried to overthrow Goodell, but it almost seems, since that failed, the league won't let us anywhere near the SB until he dies at a minimum. They have basically put a death penalty on Jerry at a minimum and maybe even the whole Jones family.

MS17

Reaction score
You echo my sentiments I'll always be a fan because of Tom Landry and Roger Staubach and the great football they provided me to watch when I was a young buck I have adjusted my expectations to being satisfied with just making the playoffs and it could really be over after that as I've seen all the record breaking losses that I really want to see.

That said I'll fully admit I got sucked in a little bit when we won the division and had home playoff games I thought there was a chance we could make it further but was quickly slapped back to reality.

You echo my sentiments I'll always be a fan because of Tom Landry and Roger Staubach and the great football they provided me to watch when I was a young buck I have adjusted my expectations to being satisfied with just making the playoffs and it could really be over after that as I've seen all the record breaking losses that I really want to see.

That said I'll fully admit I got sucked in a little bit when we won the division and had home playoff games I thought there was a chance we could make it further but was quickly slapped back to reality.
I get this, man. The Landry-Staubach era was something the younger fans here missed out on, which to me is, sad. Man, what a party that was.
Like you, I adjusted my expectations downward. Perspective is good, and the handwringing now reminds me of the "5 stages of grief" theories, from denial to acceptance. As I said, my sympathies are with the younger fans who haven't known the joy and elation of a Super Bowl.

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
Will not bail but like last year and this year, not expecting much, the old fool me once thing. When can get to the ship game, then will be shocked and maybe think things have changed. Till then I am just kicking the can down the street.
Hell, wining a regular season game on the road against a top team would get my juices flowing.

I have no positive expectations. Jerry is a fool and it's all downstream from that.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
There is no bailing but I may take a long vacation from here to clear my head. I woke up with hate in my heart for Jerry Jones and that isn't healthy as a person who believes what you put out in the universe you get back in return. So need to realize that we are pretty much stagnant until Jerry is gone or we tank completely.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I'm curious enough to ask a follow-up question. If you are bailing, are you going to another team? Or are you tuning out the NFL?
Like many here, I've been a Cowboys fan for 45 years. And I loved football. The game has changed so much that it's become more frustrating than fun. But following the Cowboys kept me interested.

For me, this was the final straw. Jerry has made this team a laughing stock. I won't be treating Cowboy games as an event anymore. They will get far less of my focus.

I don't love the game enough anymore to jump on a new team. I'll just phase it and Jerry's Cowboys out. Catch a game here or there.

But I won't ever go to a game, buy another jersey or any other piece of crap with a star on it as long as a Jones is running this team.

Swagger

Reaction score
It depends on what happens with Prescott.

They will resign him.

But if it includes a no trade clause and if the team do not draft a QB in the 1st round of the 2024 draft then I'm done with the team as they clearly have no interest to win a Superbowl given the above.

Vandyr

Reaction score
I went from being a fan to a follower after 2016. That was the last time I bought into this team being a real contender. So there's really nothing to bail.

This team has been part of my life for over 50 years, so there's nowhere to go. I just have no expectations of success beyond what we've seen lately.

Believing Jerry and Stephen are going to suddenly crack the code after 30 years is for fans. I just can't blow that much smoke up my own backside.

For the "real fans" crowd, I don't care what you think of my point of view. Self-delusion just doesn't work for me. I'll follow and see what happens.
I'm the same. I used to watch Cowboys games and get that heart-racing, nail biting feeling in close games, or that sick feeling of despair in my stomach in the losing games. Now I just don't give a crap. I feel none of that any more. Cowboys won? Meh. Cowboys lost? Meh. I still watch, but my interest diminishes with each passing season.