How many of you are bailing?

Thorn

Reaction score
Not going to bail, haven’t in the last 28 years. I will say the emotional investment into the teams lowers after each disappointing year. Now when they play like they did 4 times this year and underperforming, just turn the channel.
Expectations of this team under Jerry lower each year for me, so before long I will be excited with a single win. Welcome to being the Jets, Browns, etc.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I went from being a fan to a follower after 2016. That was the last time I bought into this team being a real contender. So there's really nothing to bail.

This team has been part of my life for over 50 years, so there's nowhere to go. I just have no expectations of success beyond what we've seen lately.

Believing Jerry and Stephen are going to suddenly crack the code after 30 years is for fans. I just can't blow that much smoke up my own backside.

For the "real fans" crowd, I don't care what you think of my point of view. Self-delusion just doesn't work for me. I'll follow and see what happens.
Right there with you. Feel the same and don't see a reason to change. This site is the only reason I stay as connected as I do.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm out.
This season has confirmed to me a side of the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys that I want no part of.
And for some here I am thrilled to see that you got exactly what you asked for by denying the facts and crying every time I or some other posters tried to tell you the truth.
I'm sure I will inevitably still watch some games, just like I have watched professional wrestling from time to time because they really did put on a great show at times, but I don't see the Cowboys or the NFL returning to doing the things that made professional football fun to watch.
And lets face it, there's nothing about the Cowboys organization now that makes you want to cheer for them the way the Cowboys organization was when it became the greatest franchise in sports.
But these Cowboys and this NFL do not represent greatness.

I will say, I've noticed that the quality of the league as a whole has gotten worse. It's not just our team. Seems like everyone is following Jerry's lead of its about the money not the product.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I will watch the games of course, but I have significantly reduced my emotional attachment to this team.

I used to get pissed after we lost, I even admit I have broken a TV controller or two when I was younger throwing it across the room, but now I just shake my head and 5 mins after the game is over I am not even thinking about it anymore.
Im probably going to be getting to that point as this last lost hurt, and then seeing that the more things change with this team, the more they stay the same.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
I’ll never bail, but every year my level of excitement, expectation, and ultimately, my level of disappointment gets less.
TBH, last week’s debacle is all ready out of my system, and once Green Bay lose, I’ll enjoy the rest of the playoffs lol

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I will keep watching the Cowboys no matter who coaches, owns or plays QB. My life doesn't change when they crap the bed in the wildcard round or miss the playoffs entirely. I just have a shorter football season.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm just indifferent to this team right now. We know Jerry will ignore free agency again and talk about the draft (which was a bust this year) even if they are players in FA and they fix the run blocking and the front 7 and upgrade RB1 and WR3 it doesn't matter... that performance was biggest example of a team quitting on a coach in the biggest possible moment I have ever seen in my life. I do not believe you can come back from that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think you have to define “bailing”. I’m pretty upset that Mike is coming back and that most likely means Dak will get his massive contract. If all that happens I will watch but not emotionally invest. I will follow the team but not be a rabid fan.

I’ll go into next season with the mindset we probably win the NFC East due to lack of competition and we’ll get bounced in WC. I’ll kind of plan on that and during the season I won’t get too high or too low.

Kind of like when I watch a movie from my childhood and know the general plot points and how it ends but there’s a couple of surprises I forgot about.

Like tonight for instance I watched Uncut Gems with Adam Sandler. I saw that movie once when it came out and knew that basic story but forgot a lot of scenes. Entertained but not emotional cuz I know what happens at the end. Btw great movie, like really good movie.

By bail, I mean, how many people on here are going "done with the Cowboys". My follow up question is, to those bailing, are they going to another team or are they just shutting out the NFL entirely?

Doomsay

Reaction score
In my book, there is hope because like I always say: In the NFL, what you think is going to happen rarely does.

Because of that, there is hope. I mean, if my Texas Rangers can win a World Series then anything is possible.
Nah, what you think will happen under Jerry’s leadership always does.

kevm3

Reaction score
Im prob not going to tune in nearly as much next year. We have an opportunity to grab several awesome coaches this season but we wont because Jerry wants to bring his buddy back. This team isnt even really the cowboys. Its Jerry and the boys. They arent even trying to win.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I bailed on my college team 15 years ago...I'll do it again with this team. I have ZERO interest in 2024 because I already know the outcome with 100% certainty. I'll be cheering for Josh Allen and the Bills for the next couple weeks.
Me too.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Who the heck buys any cowboys merch anymore? Is there a new generation of idiots born every day? Wife’s friend was traveling through DFW on her way back from New Orleans in November and asked my wife if she should pick up any swag at the Cowboys shop….”Nooooooo, not until that owner is gone.”
I really don’t understand how there is any growth in the fan base? What kid in Texas would want to follow these epic showboat losers?

rags747

Reaction score
..lol...Russ keep your pants on. Either your a homer or not.
Stay the course,.mate.
Real Dallas fans are all in. Always.

They go down, we all go down.
That's how it works.
Exactly! You became a Cowboys fan for whatever reason, now you just switch your allegiance to the Ravens? Makes absolutely zero sense, I don’t get it.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Oh heck I'm in it to the box men.

But these freaking Jerry Jones Cowboys try my last nerve I need a package put on my television with a hyperspace button when the spit starts hitting the fan I can hit the hyperspace button and all of a sudden Roger Staubach is in the shotgun with Tony dorsett next to him Tom Landry's on the sideline and Randy White Harvey Martin and too tall Jones are playing defense.

Lol. Sorry guys was just thinking about that old Atari game Asteroids. Reminds me of watching The Jones Cowboys eventually you're going to get smashed by The Rock
Lol

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
LOL, I misread your post initially. I misread the first I for an L. I was wondering what kind of forum has this become. I recognized your name and always enjoy your posts, so was wondering why you were asking that of all things, lol.
No need to BAIL, lol. As much of a gut punch Sundays game was to us all, don't forget how many teams didn't even make it to the playoffs to get gut punched in the first place. There are plenty of fan bases in more misery than us. Just a little perspective.