How many times have you fallen in and out of love with Romo?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
First, shut up JJT. Who are you to tell the guy to his face what you do or don't like. Just worry about being adequate at your own job.

Second, Romo *will* do things like this: take chances downfield based on the game situation. Some fans may not like it or like his attitude about it, but he's right about how he looks at the game.

Finally, Tony's never going to catch flak from me re how he handles any press interview. That guy takes so much junk and just keeps on trucking. He's a beast.

Dang, idg. You go boy......

I agree, wholeheartedly.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
AT times I was frustrated with him for sure. But I always wanted success for him to get to the Superbowl and win it because I believe he has the talent to prove his doubters wrong. Then there were other times that people blamed Romo too much like in the Denver game where his haters just focus on the interception that he threw and not on the fact that the defense had given up 50 points in that game.

Excellent post ... and the fact that in the Denver game, on that INT, one of his lineman step on his foot and the result was he could complete the follow-through on the pass. My issue with the criticism in that game was that Tony went toe-to-toe with Peyton the entire game, why wouldn't he have been able to do it on that final drive with all things being equal? All things were not equal because his lineman stepped on his foot.

erod

Reaction score
Believed in him all along. I understood the trash he was playing with.

CoCo

Reaction score
Brady doesn't have the injury history that Romo has either. Back injuries are a real touch-n-go thing.

YR

I suspect there is little difference in the games missed due to injury over their NFL careers. Admittedly, Tony's back gives pause going forward. But my point was that there isn't some night and day difference between what NE & Dallas has done. Having said that, I'm ok putting our resources towards the present at this point. If a good QB opportunity presents itself I'm cool with that too.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
2 times fell out of love. 1. After the fumbled snap in Seattle. 2. after the picks in Washington 2 years ago. I slept around with a few other QB's around those times but he always brought me back with his heroics.
I hope those are the last 2 times I turn my back. Fallen in love with many of his plays and games so hope it just gets better.

Plankton

Reaction score
The one time where he lost me was the season ender against Washington in 2012. All the Cowboys needed that day was competent QB play, and they would have won and made the playoffs, and Romo was completely off the reservation. I thought that they should have let him play out the last year of his contract in 2013, and begin the process of finding his replacement. I was not in favor of the contract extension, and still am not in light of his back issues.

That being said, there is not a more unfairly scrutinized and maligned player than Tony Romo. People are generally hypocritical when referring to him and his play - on one hand, they will say that he sucks, and then say he is overrated. I think one can argue that he is amongst the most underrated players in the league. He's also amongst the toughest as well. The Cowboys have been very lucky to have him as their QB for the last 9 seasons. There isn't a person in the organization that I would love to see hoist a Lombardi Trophy more than him, especially considering all of the crap that he has taken.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Well, Brady is 3 years older than Romo .

And that means what? That just because Brady is 30 whatever years old and still playing romo can go to that age?

My comment basically meant once ur star QB gets to 29-31 start the search...

Cowboys are already behind that but whatever...

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Always knew he was a rock star. You can ask any of my friends or family too.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl, post: 5893834, member: 1707"]Stolen from twitter

[/quote]

As many times as I have done with myself.

Constantly.

Wood

Reaction score
half dozen times at least. But he is winning me back now.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I've been keeping the axles greased on the Tony Romo bandwagon since the second he took over at halftime against the Giants and immediately gave the Cowboys a chance to compete in any and every game.

I've never wanted to see any single player in any sport get a ring more than I want to see that for Romo.

Pure heart and character.

CoCo

Reaction score
And that means what? That just because Brady is 30 whatever years old and still playing romo can go to that age?

My comment basically meant once ur star QB gets to 29-31 start the search...

Cowboys are already behind that but whatever...

It means that Romo himself has said he plans to play another 4 years. It means that Brady, 3 years older than Romo and still playing at a high level (see Peyton too), suggests it may be doable.

If we'd started the search 4 years ago per your suggestion what would we do with an unproven backup with an expiring contract? We for sure would have foregone other talent that is currently supporting Romo's success.

Do I think it's a stupid idea to start the search? No. But I do believe there is more than one way to skin a cat. And I am fine that we to this point have chosen to invest our resources in making Romo himself more successful - and it's working. Now if opportunity knocks this spring, that could be good too.

The Cowboys are not behind NE in finding a successor. Their QB is 3 years older and they now have a 3rd round pick from 2014 that they are testing the waters with.

Whatever... ;)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm guilty as well about a half dozen times. Those that call us idiots for doing so are just not being honest about their own emotions.