How many would take a pay cut?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dammmm, I thought we were done w/ this.

To me, it's not taking less. It's taking a fair contract.

We're not going to agree, I don't know why you keep on!!!!!
LMAO, because he is Greg! You, of all people, know that he's tenacious.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zeke wants to be paid as the best and has a legit argument as to being the best. When Emmitt was holding out for a contract he wanted more than Barry Sanders and why? Because he felt was better. Irvin wanted Jerry Rice money because he felt he was playing at that level. Once those deals were done no one held that against them. I think Zeke deal will get done and once it is, I fully expect him to play like the best and to help this team win.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He's already rejected the offer, according SJ.
Yeah and it maybe SJ fault. SJ said earlier it was gurly money. They offered him bell money. I would turn it down to. Offer him gurly plus a dollar. Not market setting. But what he said he was offering.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Demarco Murray regrets his choice to leave Dallas over money. He went to Philly that had a swiss cheese OL and no QB. Career over.
IDK. He made his money.

I think some fans have this illusion than winning is greater than making more money.

kskboys

Reaction score
You are selfish because you are upset that Zeke is asking to be the highest paid player in the league.
I'm not. I'm not even paying all that much attention, except that I do think it's stupid how important it is to him to be the highest paid player in the league. What does that get you? Take slightly less and win a super bowl, that's my take.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Just when I thought the "Trade Dak, Get Carr" thread was lamest thread on here..

Here comes this guy and TOTALLY SAVES THAT THREAD with this moronic one.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
1. They are in contract negotiations

2. Zeke holding out is him using his leverage. The Front Office is under pressure to get a deal done because he is the best player on the team and our playoff hopes would dwindle without him.

3. Its cute you mention Zeke is “greedy” and not “honoring his contract”. So when a team Cuts a player before said contract was over, are they being greedy? Or is it business?

4. This team ran Demarco Murray into the ground in 2014 and then offered him a 4year deal for like $6m a year. Why would Zeke want to live that same situation?
And a lot of people thought Murray was greedy because he didn't take a team friendly deal after this team ran him into the ground.

John813

Reaction score
Demarco Murray regrets his choice to leave Dallas over money. He went to Philly that had a swiss cheese OL and no QB. Career over.

What's interesting was that that QB played a big part in getting Murray to play there.

Good ole Chip Kelly. Trades off McCoy due to money but then signs Murray to a bigger deal than the deal McCoy got in Buffalo.

And in the process gets a north south runner when his offense needed the shiftyness of a McCoy like back.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. They are in contract negotiations

2. Zeke holding out is him using his leverage. The Front Office is under pressure to get a deal done because he is the best player on the team and our playoff hopes would dwindle without him.

3. Its cute you mention Zeke is “greedy” and not “honoring his contract”. So when a team Cuts a player before said contract was over, are they being greedy? Or is it business?

4. This team ran Demarco Murray into the ground in 2014 and then offered him a 4year deal for like $6m a year. Why would Zeke want to live that same situation?

1. His "leverage" is to harm the team. As a fan, that should bother you. But you sound more like one of these guys more interested in pet cats than the team.

2. I guess the term "gauranteed money" is new to you?

3. The team MADE Demarco Murray. That OL and Romo........ he was nothing special without that supporting cast as he proved in Philly and later in TN. He even admitted leaving Dallas was a mistake.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IDK. He made his money.

I think some fans have this illusion than winning is greater than making more money.

Winning stays with a player long after they've burned through all their money. Winning opens doors and opportunities long after their playing careers.

Reaction score
You are selfish because you are upset that Zeke is asking to be the highest paid player in the league.
I'm not upset in the least.

If Jerry and Zeke come to an agreement, great!

If Zeke sits out the year, fine.

I just want my team to win. And paying everybody top 5 or top 3 money when there is a salary cap won't help my team win because you can't have half the cap dedicated to a handful of guys.

I have nothing against Zeke or Dak. It's not personal. I just want the team to be in position for long term success.

As for me being upset? Nah. At the end of the day, it's just a dumb game.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
All important but you left the most important one out, ego. If we think there isn't a NFL pecking order regarding money, we don't know human nature, some even have it written into their contract that they have to be the highest paid at their position. And it's even more so with the stars with the light shining on them.

And Elliott didn't even have to bring up the highest paid RB, the COO did that for him.
There is something to be said about drafting/signing SMART players.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, all you take less so we can be more guys, why didn't Lawrence do that? Is it up to one player to take the hit? Why didn't all of these highly paid players like Wilson, Rodgers and Wentz take less? How about Mack and Donald, why didn't they take less?

It's all well and good that we'd think any player in his prime would take less to get that ring but that's just not the case. It's not about rings or the team, it's all about the money. That is the reason they play the game.

And, my friends, if this FA situation and cap had existed back in the 60's and 70's, think the Cowboys would have had that 20 years of a winning record or GB has that dynasty or PIT or SF or the Cowboys in the 90's. One guy, just one guy, has figured out how to make the cap work in his favor and not against him. All of the others are at the mercy of the mercs. It's just the nature of the business because it's only a game for 3.5 hours a week.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm not. I'm not even paying all that much attention, except that I do think it's stupid how important it is to him to be the highest paid player in the league. What does that get you? Take slightly less and win a super bowl, that's my take.

Zeke won't be. He wants to be paid as the highest paid RB, however his deal with not be as much as DLaw or Dak or Cooper. If Zeke was asking for QB money I would say he was crazy same with being paid as a top DE or WR but he is not asking for that. He is looking to be the highest paid RB. People have debated if Dak should get top QB money yet in my mind there is no doubt about the top RB in the league.

cern

Reaction score
this is not a case of absolute rights and wrongs. zeke might get his money or end up not playing this year and next out of stubborn pride. even many of leveon bell's teammates turned on him in the end. but no matter the eventual resolution, a happy ending is looking less and less likely. I prefer a Jaylon smith story. and I bet his soon to be opened cryotherapy clinic at the star will put him over the top as well as layout a future for him after football.